Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Living on a Prayer Epilogue

From my Tumblr Blog - Rogue Explores - Part 6

When I was exploring Drybone, I was very excited to find the Azeymas stone still intact. It is marked on the map as a point of interest called “Last Prayer". I assumed that this meant that it was the only prayer stone left. So I was pleasantly delighted when exploring near the Moraby Drydocks that Nymeia’s stone was there too.

So I made it my instant quest to track down as many stones as I could. They can’t all be found due to some regions like Coerthas and Mor Dhona not available but here are all the ones I have found.

1. Mark of the Warden (Azeyma) - Found in Sandgate. It is quite similar to before and the placement is fairly consistent with 1.0
    2. Mark of the Destroyer (Rhalgr) - Found in Little Ala Mhigo. This is also quite similar and easy to find. While Ala Mhigo might have shifted more south than before, their tent filled cavern is still similar. There is also a guy still there praying.
    3. Mark of the Dusk Trader (Thal) - Found in THM guild, Ul’dah. This one was easy. However, As the Milvaneth Sacrarium is locked you can’t visit Nald’s stone.
    4. Mark of the Navigator (Llymalen) - Found in Limsa Lominsa. The path to the stone has been shortened, but the fountain is still there.
    5. Mark of the Spinner (Nymeia) - Found outside Moraby Drydocks. While there was no town here in 1.0, there is still the familiarity of the Moraby region.
    6. Mark of the Wanderer (Oschon) - Found near Iron Lake. This stone has changed appearance as before it was embedded into the wall of a clidd high above, where now the stone is clear in the open.
    7. Mark of the Matron (Nophica) - Found near CON guild, Gridania. While the path to the guild has shortened and the clearing moved up and the tree with the stone is still intact.

Locked Stones:

Mark of the Dawn Trader (Nald) - Milvaneth Sacrarium
    Mark of the Fury (Halone) - Twinpools, Coerthas
    Mark of the Lover (Menphina) - Gwyr-Aen, Coerthas
    Mark of the Scholar (Thaliak) - Jagged Crest Cave, Mor Dhona

Bloody-Hell-What-Happened-To-The-Shroud Stones:

Due to the changes in the Black Shroud I have been unable to find the last stones:

Mark of the Keeper (Althyk) - Lynxpelt Patch (north of Nine Ives)
    Mark of the Builder (Byregot) - Camp Crimson Bark

Nine Ives still exists in East Shroud, near Hawthorne Hut. I tried exploring north of the camp in the bramble area but couldn’t find anything. I also tried the Sanctum of the Twelve, but I thought it would be weird to build a temple to all the gods on the side of only one stone. I am still hoping to find somehing up larkscall way but it doesn’t look promising. As for Crimson bark, well the whole west region of the shroud seems to be missing. The landmarkd of Central Shroud like lifemend stump, Tam-Tara etc, tie in with 1.0 Bentbranch/Humblehearth zone, but west of those there is nothing.

UPDATE: The last two Grdiania stones have been found Link

It was quite interesting to go out and hunt these stones. It felt a lot like the pillgrimage in 1.0. I did /pray at each one, but as you can see the light is gone from the stones, and some are cracked, broken or covered in moss. I wonder what the implications of these stones still being around are. And what of the ones that seem to be missing form the Shroud after the Calamity.
    (22)
    Last edited by Magnesium02; 07-07-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ouch Maker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    It's a mystery but I'm sure it will be cool whenever someone finds out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    The Althyk stone is somewhere beyond the Sylphlands I'm pretty sure. Right now its blocked off so we can't really venture out further north, but if you pan your map around, you can see there's stuff still marked up there further north.

As for the missing piece of the shroud, I'm willing to bet there's still one map missing, "west shroud" that we can't access yet for whatever reason. It'll probably come with Mor Dhona and Coerthas
    (5)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Heh. I actually just found Althyk by accident. He is in south shroud near Amdapor Keep. Much farther south than really makes sense. Still no Byregot.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Nice XD

Sometimes you gotta just make guesses, since stuff is only the relative same location, but other things can change (like the conjurer's guild suddenly runs south instead of north)
    (0)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    and some are cracked, broken or covered in moss.
    bahamut clearly wiped the floor using em

Player
    Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    no Byregot.

I can't remember exactly where that was though, ugh
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Yowyow Estac
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    we are theorycrafting that West Shroud has become East Mor Dhona actually. if u look at the crystal call vid again, you'll clearly see Crystal tower is now in 1.0's West Black Shroud, not in 1.0's Mor dhona. So it makes us think that something happened in West Shroud. It MAY have been warped by aether energy or bahamut's megaflare, who knows. But i'm pretty sure reason we dont have ANY info on 2.0's west shroud is b/c of that 1 reason

BTW our reasoning for thinking Crystal Tower is in 1.0's east shroud is b/c of how midgarsomr / agrius is facing. if u look back at 1.0 screenies, midgarsomr's "Right" wing is to the east. It does make me wonder what will become of thalak's stone / crystal room in the cave
    (1)
    Last edited by Yowyow; 07-01-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I was always under the impression that the Crystal Tower was now in Coerthas..caz its all snowy now >.>
    (1)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Althyk is in Snakemolt (one of my favorite ARR locations).
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast