Player
    Character
    Garith Felix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50

Confused Pre-ordering Questions

I tried searching the forums using keywords but there are just too many threads to search through so here are a few questions I need help with and thank you in advance for your help.

Ok so I'm a 1.0 Legacy player who is looking to purchase the Collector's edition (The PS3 is currently sold out so that is out the question). So I was told to pay for the 'digital upgrade' but when I go to the SE store I don't see any upgrade option. I just see the preorders for PC Collectors/Standard (Digital Download), PC Collectors Standard, and PS3 Standard.

Now from what I read I CAN NOT USE the PC Collectors edition on my 1.0 account. So will the PC Collectors (Digital Download) work or am I screwed overall?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Garith View Post
    I tried searching the forums using keywords but there are just too many threads to search through so here are a few questions I need help with and thank you in advance for your help.

Ok so I'm a 1.0 Legacy player who is looking to purchase the Collector's edition (The PS3 is currently sold out so that is out the question). So I was told to pay for the 'digital upgrade' but when I go to the SE store I don't see any upgrade option. I just see the preorders for PC Collectors/Standard (Digital Download), PC Collectors Standard, and PS3 Standard.

Now from what I read I CAN NOT USE the PC Collectors edition on my 1.0 account. So will the PC Collectors (Digital Download) work or am I screwed overall?
    If you don't care about the physical items, then yes you can go through the digital upgrade, though, they have yet to announce details regarding that (not sure what the hold up is)

You are correct in that you cannot use the PC CE for your account because the code to register a new account is the same as the digital bling you get from the CE package.
    (1)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Garith Felix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    So the digital upgrade is something completely different or is it known as the digital download that is on the site that is purchasable?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    It's something different that has yet to be implemented, to my understanding. The digital downloads you see are the standard retail releases, just in digital format.

The "upgrade" downloads are designed for 1.0 account holders who want to upgrade their existing accounts to "collectors edition" to snag the CE bling that comes with the package. I think it's $19.99 (price should be on the site). Remember that all 1.0 account holders technically receive ARR for free, since we already purchased the original 1.0. So you're basically paying 20 bucks to get CE status and the bling that comes with it.

Hope this clears up some of those questions for ya.
    (0)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Garith Felix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Got it. Not that I don't take your word for it but is there any source (links, topics etc..) on this that I can read about?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Here's the link to the pricing platforms

At the bottom of the table is the Digital upgrade, with the price of $19.99

Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade** (Requires Base Game) $19.99
    ** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.

Please note that the base game is required to utilize the Collector's Edition digital upgrade.
    The "base game" will be your free ARR download you get for being an original 1.0 account holder.
    (0)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Garith Felix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Thank you so much man. Been a great help. IF you ever need a Miner, Armorer or Leatherworker in game just let me know XD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Garith; 07-19-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    @@:

let me borrow this thread and ask:

What's the deadline for pre-order bonus/early access? I remember it's July 30/31 but I can't find it anywhere. Or there is no such thing...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Deli View Post
    @@:
    let me borrow this thread and ask:
    What's the deadline for pre-order bonus/early access? I remember it's July 30/31 but I can't find it anywhere. Or there is no such thing...
    I don't remember seeing any actual deadline for Early Access. SE's product page always said just "the number of early access codes will be limited and distribution will cease when the limit has been reached." There is an expiration date on the preorder code (December 31, 2013), but that wouldn't affect Early Access.

Maybe you're thinking of the phase 4 beta key application deadline, for people who weren't yet in beta? They had until July 22 to request a code. Once they receive the code, they will have until July 30 to register it. That info is on The Lodestone: "Deadlines for Beta Test Applications and Beta Code Registration (07/19/2013)"

(Once phase 4 starts, SE will re-open the beta key application site and people can apply again.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    <3
    ok thanks.
    (0)