World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 20

Did anyone else get this message?

On Jun 22, 2013, at 12:37 PM, <support_na_cs@square-enix.com> wrote:

> Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,
    >
    > It appears the issue you reported has been resolved as there is a beta code already registered to the provided Square Enix ID. If you are still experiencing problems, please do not hesitate to reply to this ticket and we will gladly assist you further.
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Umm i never got an email for phase 3 ps3 beta or a code. So how has it been resolved and how is there one already linked to my account if i never did it!?!

FINAL FANTASY XIV - Windows(R) Jun. 12, 2012
    FINAL FANTASY XIV - Legacy Sep. 10, 2012
    FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Alpha Test Dec. 11, 2012
    FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Feb. 19, 2013

that is all that is connected to my account. so are they telling me i have beta access well i knew that the issues was not ps3 beta code. they avoided the issue completely and "resolved" it after the fact. Am i the only one who got this generic email?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by sapper_ View Post
    On Jun 22, 2013, at 12:37 PM, <support_na_cs@square-enix.com> wrote:

> Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,
    >
    > It appears the issue you reported has been resolved as there is a beta code already registered to the provided Square Enix ID. If you are still experiencing problems, please do not hesitate to reply to this ticket and we will gladly assist you further.
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Umm i never got an email for phase 3 ps3 beta or a code. So how has it been resolved and how is there one already linked to my account if i never did it!?!

FINAL FANTASY XIV - Windows(R) Jun. 12, 2012
    FINAL FANTASY XIV - Legacy Sep. 10, 2012
    FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Alpha Test Dec. 11, 2012
    FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Feb. 19, 2013

that is all that is connected to my account. so are they telling me i have beta access well i knew that the issues was not ps3 beta code. they avoided the issue completely and "resolved" it after the fact. Am i the only one who got this generic email?
    If you are looking for PS3 access, you had to have applied specifically for PS3. You would then get an email with a code to enter into your PS3 allowing you to link your PSN/Sony Account with your SE Account, and allow you to download. It's confusing but to be "in Beta" you only need to register one code, once. You don't need additional codes for additional phases, or to play on the different platforms. But to play on your PS3 you need the PS3 email allowing you to begin on your PS3. Then once you can link/dl onto your PS3, your already registered Beta code is for playing on either system.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1004986

The Beta Registration code looks like this:
    XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

The PlayStation®3 Promotion Code looks like this:
    XXXX-XXXX-XXX

Now, how you got Alpha and Beta onto your account without you yourself doing it, that I really have no idea. Maybe it's been so long you don't remember, and you were planning to play on PS3 and were waiting for that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sapper Stark
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 20
    I understand what your saying but i never got the PS3 promotion code to Download the test client. I applied for PC/PS3. I am legacy and it was great seeing the progression! I have always want to play on console because i knew my Pc was going down. So i guess the question i should have asked is do 1.0 legacy pc players get the PS3 promotion code?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I understand what your saying but i never got the PS3 promotion code to Download the test client. I applied for PC/PS3. I am legacy and it was great seeing the progression! I have always want to play on console because i knew my Pc was going down. So i guess the question i should have asked is do 1.0 legacy pc players get the PS3 promotion code?
    I believe as a 1.0 (for phase 3) or Legacy player (from Phase 1) you are guaranteed a Beta code (which you got already), but you are not guaranteed PS3 code. Try applying a few more times with different emails.

I have 2 unused NA PS3 codes. I wish I was allowed to post them here.
    (2)

Greetings,

Legacy players were guaranteed a PC Beta code, but are not guaranteed a PS3 promotion code.
    (8)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Greetings everyone,

I'd like to thank you all again for your patience regarding not receiving your Beta codes for having a version 1.0 account. It indeed seems to be an issue with specific email providers not allowing our Beta Test emails through. We are working to see how we can best proceed.

I would like to point out that we are receiving a number of contacts from European players to the above link, but unfortunately, as this is for the North American Support Center, we're unable to address your tickets.

European users who are in need of assistance, please contact the EU Support Center.
    (7)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    I believe as a 1.0 (for phase 3) or Legacy player (from Phase 1) you are guaranteed a Beta code (which you got already), but you are not guaranteed PS3 code. Try applying a few more times with different emails.

I have 2 unused NA PS3 codes. I wish I was allowed to post them here.
    Some people have all the luck. You got 2 and I cannot even get 1. Enjoy and I hope you can find someone to put them to good use.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsuei Caitsith
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Figured I would post to better help others in this situation, and to also confirm that I have finally got my code.

I did receive my code last week before the beta, but oddly on another email(GMAIL) which is not tied to my SE account; Which made me believe it was from a older ticket(months ago) where I had mentioned an alternative email during the conversation with support. That being said, I did also received a confirmation email during phase 3, week 2. Friday 21st at night, mentioning they noticed my issue had been resolved.(I believe this response came after looking over my most recent ticket, which was sent through the method in this post on Thursday the 20th.)

I would also like to add my brother used the method in this post, Thursday 20th and did receive his code Sunday morning to his GMAIL account.

As the CM said in his post, the email for whatever reason seems to be causing this issue. I would recommend when filling out the information for your ticket, to ADD another email preferably a Gmail account in the "Detailed Condition field" along with your SE ID etc.

Hope this information helps others in getting their code. If this information deviates from the methods you provided Bayohne, I apologize and will remove it if needed. Just wanted to let people know this is working, but to provide another email.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Resheph Rahovari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Frapp View Post
    I would like to know this as well, as this happened to me. For some reason I couldn't apply the beta code to the account with my character on it. I had to stick on the account from the original 1.0 beta years ago.

Also, is there a time frame one can expect to hear from the Support Team? I queued for 40 minutes on Thursday in Live Chat only to have it "Sorry, All agents left for the day. Canceled. Want an e-mail?" on me at the end. This was on the 20th.
    I really think this needs to be addressed, too. My fiance has the same problem. When she added the original Beta code it went onto a separate/new FFXIV service account and she can't log in with her 1.0 character.

Our experience with support has been less than stellar. My understanding is that she didn't have a choice or even know there was a choice when she added the key. I don't recall there being a "choose which FFXIV service account to apply the code to" step when I set up mine. Just saying "Sorry, you applied it to the wrong service account. Na na na boo boo." really isn't the right way for this to be handled. Even if it is the result of customer error, it should be something a new Beta key can be issued for to honor the promise that "All legacy players will have access to the beta."
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    I really think this needs to be addressed, too. My fiance has the same problem. When she added the original Beta code it went onto a separate/new FFXIV service account and she can't log in with her 1.0 character.

Our experience with support has been less than stellar. My understanding is that she didn't have a choice or even know there was a choice when she added the key. I don't recall there being a "choose which FFXIV service account to apply the code to" step when I set up mine. Just saying "Sorry, you applied it to the wrong service account. Na na na boo boo." really isn't the right way for this to be handled. Even if it is the result of customer error, it should be something a new Beta key can be issued for to honor the promise that "All legacy players will have access to the beta."
    I finally got my beta code this morning. And I made sure ten times it went on to the Legacy service account. I also took pictures in case something goes wrong.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast