Player
    Character
    Shura Raizen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80

Official Website Mistake?

Not sure if this is a mistake or is intended but when you click on the "World" tab on the official website the description says "Explore the world of Eorzea and learn more about its history, inhabitants, and cities." This might be as intended but i thought the world was Hydaelyn and Eorzea was simply a region within Hydaelyn.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Sounds intended to me. They're not using "world" to mean the whole planet, but just as a synonym for realm/region. Plus Eorzea is all players have access to, we can't travel across the whole planet (yet at least, expansions will probably add more regions).
    (0)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Myranda View Post
    Sounds intended to me. They're not using "world" to mean the whole planet, but just as a synonym for realm/region. Plus Eorzea is all players have access to, we can't travel across the whole planet (yet at least, expansions will probably add more regions).
    Yeah like how FF XI added new regions and areas with expansions not to mention the map itself has areas on it already we can't get to atm not saying we won't be able to get to it later down the road
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3