Player
    Character
    Y'khira Nirhu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80

Where are the Miqo'te (in Ul'dah?) - A demographic analysis

Yesterday I was running around with my sexy beta-lalafell and I thought "let's look for some manly fun" and I went to the miners guild. And guess what? No miqo'tes! No miqo'tes at all! So I kept running around but this time I tried to keep track of how many cats were in town and this is the result:

9... 3 dancers, 2 @adventurers guild, 1 @alchemists guild, 1 @ weavers guild and 2 moon keeper archers (probably from gridania!). Also none of these are interctive NPCs... they just pop balloons.

This could look like a joke thread but seriously I just wondering why? Why no Miqo'te NPC? No vendors, no city guards, no Immortal Flames officers. This go completly against 1.0.

Even the official forum states: "Though relatively few in Eorzea, a small number of them have been accepted into everyday life by the other races in the port city of Limsa Lominsa. Others are known to make their home in the region of the Sagolii Desert" that is the desert close to Ul'dah. Are you telling that seeker cats now are all in Limsa?

Is ARR really going to be so strict about race distribution? The free cities in 1.0 looked very multicultural and I liked this. Are you telling me that we will have Dunesfolks/Hellguards in Ul'dah, Seawolves/Seekers in Limsa and Duskwights/Keepers in Gridania? This is very FFXI-like and it's probably one of the few things I didn't like of that game. How about all 1.0 NPC? In every cities there were important quest NPCs from every race, like Mimidoa or Wawalago (dunesfolks in Limsa) or F'lhaminn, is SE try to explain this contradiction? And anyway is this really intended? I mean is it going to be considered in line with Eorzea's lore?
    (0)
    Last edited by Khira; 06-17-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I always liked the race distribution of XI, it gave each one more of a cultural identity than I thought they'd have otherwise. I find this especially relevant for Miqo'te who -- as you quoted above -- are described as being few in number, but seem to appear everywhere. I didn't do any uh.. racial inventories, but if this is a pattern which holds true for the other cities/clans, I like it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Naria Starcatcher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Perhaps the sunseekers have mostly pulled back into the Sagolli desert proper as a result of the calamity? Ironically the Moonkeepers seem to have become more integrated into Gridania.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Go to Gridania, as many of them have an affinity for hunting and trapping, they can also be found there. (Seekers of the Moon I believe)...as they like the shade.

The Seekers of the Sun probably do serve in LL more...and/or can be found in the smaller hamlets/towns of Thalalan (Uldah) more often than in town. (Keep in mind, they don't like large populations or 'rules')
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khel Ehron
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Found whole village full of miqo'tes this weekend. All of them from Drake tribe all of them female.
    In southern Thanalan there is an oasis just on the edge of Sagolli desert.
    So maybe they really did move away, none of the npc's in there said anything about moving or such. But I might have missed some because I didn't go inside buildings.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeChaffinch View Post
    Found whole village full of miqo'tes this weekend. All of them from Drake tribe all of them female.
    In southern Thanalan there is an oasis just on the edge of Sagolli desert.
    So maybe they really did move away, none of the npc's in there said anything about moving or such. But I might have missed some because I didn't go inside buildings.
    I think with work being very scare in Ul'dah currently with the Syndicate gaining more and more power, the Miqo'te may have felt left out. Just so happens SE opened up part of the Sagoli desert for us to explore and it gave them a chance to introduce the "homeland" of the Seekers of the Sun. Miqo'te like to hunt so the new life in Ul'dah of joining the Brass Blades and Lord Lolorito might not appeal to them...that or becoming:
    prostitutes
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Arkine Vanrien
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Lets face it, Ul'dah isn't kind to Miqotes and females in general.
    (1)