Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

Pugilist Skills

The NDA is lifted, so it's ok to post this...Right??!

Pugilist is a very positional based DPS class.
    You'll be moving around a lot in combat; at least in party with a tank.
    You'll want to use Bootshine, and True Strike from behind mobs.
    Snap Punch and Twin Snakes from the sides.
    Some nice cross-class skills:
    Raging Strike (archer): Increase damage by 20% for 15 seconds. 2min cooldown (or such)
    Straight Shot (archer) Increase damage by 10-15% (forgot), for 20seconds. Standard WS, no need to spam it though, you'll be doing your own combos, and refresh this occasionally.
    I will check in the other classes next test period, see what else will work well. But a bunch of interesting skills, are class specific.

Bootshine lv1
    Potency 130
    Opo-opo Stance bonus: 100% crit chance. Only behind mob.
    Change to raptor stance, Duration 10sec
    So you can combo Bootshine->True Strike->Snap Punch by lv 6.
    When you restart the combo, you got opo-opo stance from snap punch, which makes Bootshine crit 100%, if you strike from behind mob.
    Positional combat is very difficult in solo play, since mobs are always counted as facing you, unless they are stunned/sleep, casting weapon skills (2-3 sec cast time). Mobs cast spells like Stone, very quickly, so you can't avoid those, or use that for position. If mobs cast weapon skills, such as overpower, they only face that direction, until animation finish; so that's your only chance to get position bonus'.

True Strike 2
    Potency 150
    chance for +5% crit damage from behind
    can only use in raptor stance
    change to coeurl stance, 10 sec

Featherfoot 4
    +15% evasion, 10sec, 25% with traits.
    CD 90sec

Snap Punch 6
    Potency 140, 180 from flank
    Can only use in coeurl stance
    change to opo-opo stance, 10sec
    grants greased lightning buff (+7% damage, +5% attack speed) 12sec. stacks up to 3 times, with traits (first at lv 20)

Second Wind 8
    Restore 15% of max HP, 25% with traits
    CD 120sec
    The long cooldown, makes it not so great; it can save your life occasionally though.
    It's comparable to using Cure; except Cure got 3.5sec CD; So get Cure if you're worried about your HP.

Haymaker 10
    Potency 170
    can only use after evasion
    20% slow, 12sec

Internal Release 12
    crit rate +20%, 15sec +30% with trait
    CD 60sec

Touch of Death 15
    Potency 20
    Dot Potency 25, 30sec
    I think you'll end up with around 300 potency; i'll check on how many ticks you end up with, the coming weekend, when servers are up again.
    Will have to test if it works together with damage buffs; in that case it would be very nice skill, to throw out, on some boss.

Twin Snakes 18
    Potency 100, 140 from flank
    Can only use while in Raptor Stance
    Bonus Damage +5%, 12sec
    Change to Coeurl Stance, 10sec
    So now you can use 2 combos:
    Bootshine->Twin Snakes->Snap Punch.
    Bootshine->True Strike->Snap Punch.
    You can spam the first if you want, or you can throw in the 2nd one too, back to back; there's time to throw in the 2nd one too, for the 5% crit damage with true strike (if it crits) but things get very hectic between those 2 combos, and refreshing Straight Shot. You can generally do both combos, with a few seconds to spare, before Straight Shot expire.
    When you can stack Greased Lighting 2-3 times, it becomes a bigger priority to maintain that though.

This is as far as i got this weekend.

Fist of Earth 22
    damage reduction 10%
    drains MP

Arm of the Destroyer 26
    AOE Potency 50
    opo-opo bonus;silence, 1sec
    change to raptor, 10sec

Fists of Wind 34
    increase m-spd
    drains MP

Steel Peak 38
    Potency 150
    stun 4sec
    CD 60sec

Mantra 42
    increase HP recovery from cure, by 5%, 15sec
    CD 120sec

Howling Fist 46
    Potency 190 to all mobs in straight line.

Perfect Balance 50
    Can use any weapon skill, regardless of form, 10sec.
    CD 240sec
    So you could spam Bootshine->Snap Punch, without True Strike in-between; this way you can crit Bootshine more often.
    Or you can spam Snap Punch, to stack up greased lighting.
    Spam True Strike for extra crit damage, if your crit chance is very high anyways. Internal Release would work well here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Radacci; 06-17-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Is there a place where the different forms are detailed in full? Hovering over the actual buff it gives in game doesn't yield any information.

Also it appears that BLM is off of PGL skills, looks like the jobs will be using different class abilities this time.
    (1)
    Last edited by MartaDemireux; 06-17-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    * I fully give permission for any of my written ideas to be used by SE without recognition.

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Opo-Opo Form allows you to Crit 100% with bootshine, but that's a bonus on bootshine skill; other than that i don't think the forms do anything, except being a requirement for performing certain skills, and prevent you from spamming skills with certain bonus'
    When you do bootshine, you loose Opo, and get Raptor instead; so you can't spam bootshine, with 100% crit chance.

Ya, PGL/MNK use str for damage now, instead of int; so you would do low damage anyways.
    And the spells generally have fairly low potency.
    Spell damage usually comes from Astral Fire buff; cross-class don't benefit from certain skills features, so if PGL could use Fire spell, they wouldn't get Astral Fire buff, which would make Fire useless.
    I forgot to check, but if LNC can use Bootshine, i'm sure it won't generate Raptor stance; otherwise LNC would be able to do PGL combos too; and PGL can't do LNC combos.
    Ya, we'll see how the Jobs work i hope MNK can use ARC skills anyways.

I think i'll Screenshot the skills, next time; for easier reference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Well when I was playing I noticed that Coeurl Form had one or two punching animations, they looked solid (like the PGL was holding his ground/footing) and were a little on the slow side. Raptor Form I saw some kick attacks and it seemed (eyeballed) that I would evade attacks a little more often.

That's why I wanted to know if anyones found some information on them. If the animations are different there's a good chance that they have buffs behind them as well.

Of course SE could have just dumbed it down to just animations like with the dumbing down of stats (such as VIT only increases HP, PIE only increasing MP now).
    (0)
    * I fully give permission for any of my written ideas to be used by SE without recognition.

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Monk Skills

Rockbreaker
    Potency 130, to all mobs in cone shape, ahead of you.
    Range: 5
    Duration 18sec (dunno what this means)
    Can only be used in Couerl Form
    Change to Opo-Opo Form
    Grants Greased Lightning.
    GCD

Shoulder Tackle
    Potency 100
    You need to be at least 10yalms away, to use this skill; 20yalm range
    Stun: 2sec.
    CD 90sec

Fists of Fire
    Increase attack by 10%, when active. Drains MP while in use.
    Cannot be used with fist of earth/wind, shares cooldown.
    Effect ends on reused
    CD 3sec

One Ilm Punch
    Potency 80
    Cancel one effect on target.
    Change to coeurl form
    GCD

Dragon Kick
    Potency 100, 150 from flank.
    Opo-Opo stance bonus: decrease target blunt resist by 10%
    duration 15sec.
    Change to Raptor Stance
    GCD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Almalexia Indoril
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    Some nice cross-class skills:
    Raging Strike (archer): Increase damage by 20% for 15 seconds. 2min cooldown (or such)
    Straight Shot (archer) Increase damage by 10-15% (forgot), for 20seconds. Standard WS, no need to spam it though, you'll be doing your own combos, and refresh this occasionally.
    While PGL can take advantage of ARC abilities, MNK no longer can. I believe MNK now uses LNC/GLA for cross-class skills.

Quote Originally Posted by MartaDemireux
    Well when I was playing I noticed that Coeurl Form had one or two punching animations, they looked solid (like the PGL was holding his ground/footing) and were a little on the slow side. Raptor Form I saw some kick attacks and it seemed (eyeballed) that I would evade attacks a little more often.

That's why I wanted to know if anyones found some information on them. If the animations are different there's a good chance that they have buffs behind them as well.
    Auto-attacks include new and old animations, including the kick attacks from 1.0 MNK's Spinning Heel (you will be missed ;_;). These all seem to happen at random, regardless of form.

PGL already receives a bonus--Greased Lightning--through speed and consistency of execution, so it would make no sense if we were rewarded for lingering in one form. For persistent bonuses, look to the "Fists of" set of abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Dunno if this will help any...

PUG Abilities

MNK Abilities
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I didn't want to base to much info, on data-mining
    stuff may still change; and MNK getting aggro skills from GLD doesn't make any sense at all, unless MNK is supposed to be evasion tank or something.
    We'll see though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    I didn't want to base to much info, on data-mining
    stuff may still change; and MNK getting aggro skills from GLD doesn't make any sense at all, unless MNK is supposed to be evasion tank or something.
    We'll see though
    1.0 WHM had the agro skills, didn't make sense but still did haha. If I recall I think we can only choose up to 8 subclass skills right? In that case fill them all with LNC and then 2 from GLA:

Awareness: Reduces chance of suffering critical dmg by 15% for 20secs (PLD MNK WAR)
    Convalescence: Increases HP restored via spells/actions by 20% (PLD MNK WAR)

LNC:
    Feint : attack potency 120 Add. Effect-Slow+20% 10secs (MNK DRG BRD)
    Keen Fury: Parry rate+20% 20secs (MNK DRG BRD)
    Impulse Drive: Attack potency 100(180 from behind target) (MNK DRG)
    Invigorate: Restores 300TP (MNK DRG BRD)
    Blood for Blood: Increase damage dealt by 20% and damage taken by 25% for 20secs. (MNK DRG BRD)

Now we have used 7, could just toss in Provoke for an emergency situation (or the aoe one to be an evasion off-tank).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ouch Maker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I really like the new animations and how they simplified skills.
    (0)