Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

Go Small or Go Home?

Now as you can see I'm currently a black mi'qote. However, since day one way back when, I've been watching you little guys run around with your tiny little shoes and your heartwarming little sway when you sit down. I see how squeezably adorable you are in your little outfits and I am filled with burning, bitter envy. As soon as I found out they were allowing for total character remakes I knew I had to become a Lala. Via alts and...uhh...that-thing-i-cant-talk-about-that-is-currently-underway I've been able to play a few Lalafell characters but there's a few things I'm having a hard time adjusting to. So! Lalas:

-Do you find it hard to keep track of your character during fights? I'm a melee lover, I want to be right up the mobs grill. But, and I think it's partly to do with the effects-overload, I'm constantly losing sight of my little guy (not that it really affects anything. But the great thing about my mi'qote is watching her in action). Is this something you get used to after awhile? Are my eyes just stuck on tall-peoples perception?

-Lets be real here: One of the greatest things about a video game RPG is that you get to see your character in all sorts of awesome gear. And of course its not just any gear. It's Final Fantasy Gear. One of the biggest reasons I chose Mi'qote in the first place was because I figured it would show off the gear at its best (I'm shallow like that). Do you ever find that gear is lost on lalas? Or, as i suspect, enhanced immeasurably due to its sheer adorableness? (lala in DL? precious!)

Any other pre-op Lalafell out there? Any lalas sick of being lala? What IS it like being YOU? What kind of person does it take to pull off a Lalafell? It seems like such a commitment, which i'm prepared for, but what am I getting myself into?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Hello and welcome future Lala!

I will say that in 1.0 I did feel I got lost in the bushes alot and at times it was frustrating. Unlike you, I dislike playing melee, I do not like being in the face of the mob, and much prefer to cast at a distance. I felt that in Beta, I have not had issue feeling too small, hidden, lost or invisible, or perhaps like you say, I am used to it. I would have it no other way than to be a Lala, but you do bring up good points. I have heard other people say that they would love to be Lala but they want to be able to see the details of their gear.

Also, I think Lala just fits my real personality best, and I am treated as the person in game that I really am in real life. I'm bubbly and cheery, and hopefully fun.

One other thing I can tell you is that my other half is switching from Elf to Lala, and has experimented in Beta and absolutely loves it. He, like you, prefers melee jobs. He's bummed he can't remake/rename til Phase 4.

To Lalas! /clink
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    thanks for the input! I'm about 90% sure im doing it, so its just a matter of knowing what im in for Glad to hear another melee is happy with it!
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You can talk about Beta now, they've lifted the NDA just a hair to let us talk about it and post screenies.

I don't have any trouble keeping up with my little one and she's the smallest size.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm the smallest size, too. What's the point of Lala if you aren't the smallest size? Like the thread title says ....
    (1)

Player

I never an issue seeing gear kupo and at any rate. Everything looks cute on a lala!!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I spent most of the last evenings of 1.0 being backed up against a wall with Nael Van Darnus continually thrusting his groin into my face.

If you like that kind of thing, then you'll love being a Lalafell...

tbh, I would change, but all of the other races are inferior, so there's not really anything to change to.
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    I spent most of the last evenings of 1.0 being backed up against a wall with Nael Van Darnus continually thrusting his groin into my face.

If you like that kind of thing, then you'll love being a Lalafell...
    As long as he keeps the helmet on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post

tbh, I would change, but all of the other races are inferior, so there's not really anything to change to.
    Once you go Laller you never go taller
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    My character matched the NPC's in TT so all the flashing, and battle I had lost my character a few times and he was a Hyur. xD
    (0)