Player
    Character
    Inaca Selenaca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    We both must have exceedingly different senses of perception, because while the Juggernaut in the 1.0 mission was indeed big, it would still be dwarfed by that adamantoise....

By sheer mass, yes, the adamantoise is bigger, but they're not far in terms of height. The same goes for Omega. They both dwarf Juggernauts in size. That's my point. They're similar in size.

(0)

Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Inaaca View Post
    By sheer mass, yes, the adamantoise is bigger, but they're not far in terms of height. The same goes for Omega. They both dwarf Juggernauts in size. That's my point. They're similar in size.

Agh....I'm truly not trying to be argumentative. I just really don't see it.

Now I agree that Omega far exceeds the size of the Juggernauts, and I'd even be willing to conceded that the juggernauts probably comes up to the head of the adamantoise, thus making Omega a bit taller than its head, but I severely doubt that the juggernauts nor Omega would even be able to scratch the topmost surface of its shell.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    I'm wondering what will happen if Gaius decides to unleash Ultima as a counter to Bahamut but then loses control of it... what then?
    • Gaius: "You there... Warrior of Light... my Ultima pet has gone AWOL. Go fetch it for me."
    • Warrior of Light: "Nope... your pet, your problem"
    • Gaius: "I will give you my Gunblade and Projectile weapon gauntlet as reward"
    • Warrior of Light: "Done"
    (4)
    "After ten years, finally headed to Sharlayan... absolutely stoked"

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    • Gaius: "You there... Warrior of Light... my Ultima pet has gone AWOL. Go fetch it for me."
    • Warrior of Light: "Nope... your pet, your problem"
    • Gaius: "I will give you my Gunblade and Projectile weapon gauntlet as reward"
    • Warrior of Light: "Done"
    This absolutely needs to be canon.
    (1)

Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulan View Post
    This absolutely needs to be canon.
    Or... Cannon? :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by NoloeTazier View Post
    Highly doubt it, but it could be an option. Gaius would have no reason to stop Bahamut when Bahamut would simply destroy the city-states..now maybe he was merciful and wanted to do the conquering himself but I doubt it. It's either Louisoix's Plan C (Plan B being the one to send us into stasis to save us) or something 'supernatural.'
    Well. Bahamut was stored in Dalamud for some odd reason. My guess is Bahamut is sort of a loose cannon. A wildcard. People obviously didn't want him loose or they wouldn't have trapped him in space in a giant prison. Gaius (and the empire) have a motive to save the world so they can control it (steal crystals power or something, I don't know). So assuming there is some link between the Empire and Allagan, my guess is the empire stopped Bahamut because he was going ape, and rolled out Omega/Ultima because they have control over it, and therefore can control the defeat of the 3 nations and the beastman and whoever else stands in their way.

Make any sense?

P.S. AND it kinda makes sense when you consider the different tactics between Gauis and Nael. Nael is crazy so he homicidally calls down Bahamut. Where Gauis is more calculated. More sane. He is going the Omega/Ultima route...I think it jives with the current personalities of these characters.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gidonoidon_Sur; 06-13-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    First i thought it is atomos lol^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Inaca Selenaca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidonoidon_Sur View Post
    my guess is the empire stopped Bahamut because he was going ape
    I seriously doubt that the Empire has the power to make Bahamut vanish instantly in a flash of light. They could never control him properly, and if they did have the power to control him, Garlemald would have been victorious long ago.

I think it's more likely that a higher power is at work here. Nothing we knew of in 1.0 could put a scratch on him, not even the Twelve. My current bet is that Odin has something to do with it, being the only other existing Elder Primal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Legatus Toriko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It make is seem like, Omega was found somewhere.........

Nael van.....nvm

Dont forget...

(1)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidonoidon_Sur View Post
    Well. Bahamut was stored in Dalamud for some odd reason. My guess is Bahamut is sort of a loose cannon. A wildcard. People obviously didn't want him loose or they wouldn't have trapped him in space in a giant prison. Gaius (and the empire) have a motive to save the world so they can control it (steal crystals power or something, I don't know). So assuming there is some link between the Empire and Allagan, my guess is the empire stopped Bahamut because he was going ape, and rolled out Omega/Ultima because they have control over it, and therefore can control the defeat of the 3 nations and the beastman and whoever else stands in their way.

Make any sense?

P.S. AND it kinda makes sense when you consider the different tactics between Gauis and Nael. Nael is crazy so he homicidally calls down Bahamut. Where Gauis is more calculated. More sane. He is going the Omega/Ultima route...I think it jives with the current personalities of these characters.
    We don't know why the Allagans sealed Bahamut away and sent him into orbit, but the easiest answer for this is: The furthest he's away from the Eorzea, the less likely he can absorb aether and become stronger. I suspect the Lunar Transmitter (which is based on Allagan tech) was reverse engineered to instead of push Dalamud into it's orbit with the larger moon, to bring it back into the gravitational pull of Hydaelyn and ultimately closer with the Lunar Transmitter at Castrum Novum.

I wouldn't call the Garlean war on Primals as saving the world. Garlean magitek weaponry is based on Ceruleum, which is highly concentrated-refined aether (a major reason why Midgardsormr was killed in the explosion with the Agrias, the Ceruleum engines). Primals and their aether consumption go against the Garleans their need for aether to be used in their weaponry. Of course all this is assuming that Primals in other parts of the world are summoned in similar ways (I'd guess they are). Eorzea may be the strongest source of aether on the planet but I'd assume the aether flower of the planet has it's major rivers and tiny tributaries all around the planet...thus giving the Primals a source of 'life' in the other parts of the planet to be appear/be summoned.

Gaius was on a ship watching the Battle of Cartaneau Flats and I highly doubt he knew what was in Dalamud, but he might have had his suspicions. He was too far away to make an impact on Bahamut when the "Blinding White Light" appears. Sadly we won't know what happened after we were teleported away until we log in and see the CS for the first time. But it's most likely not Garlean involvement. After all Gaius was under no obligation to help the VIIth Legion escape their fate with Bahamut...the VIIth Legion was comprised almost entirely by brainwashed Ala Mhigans. The Garleans essentially only lost Ala Mhigans and magitek weaponry. Even though Nael van Darnus was lost prior.

With the arrival of the Elder Primals (not saying Odin was the one to stop Bahamut and not saying it wasn't) Gaius is bringing in the "big dog," Ultima Weapon...which of course I'm sure will be aptly named. The Garleans know what they're doing and know how to deal with the Primals, Nael van Darnus was happy to sit back and let us defeat them so he could harness the aether for Dalamud/Bahamut...Gaius isn't sitting around. He's now backed by 3 more Legatus (probably Legatus but we don't actually know for sure) and Ultima Weapon, along with his highly trained XIVth Legion comprised of Garlean troops and magitek weaponry...whom also still hold Ala Mhigo hostage. Gaius is also the most loyal to the Emperor (having killed 8 or so would be usurpers for Solus Zos Galvus) and it's his turn to deal with the city-states, Primals, and the traitors of the Garlond Ironworks.
    (4)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast