Player
    Character
    Rhys Folles
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

A few Legacy/1.0 Character Questions

1.) I have a Legacy Character, I have not completed all of the quests to complete Dragoon. I never completed Double Dragon as I could not complete Dzemael Darkhold. My question is, will the quests be changed, or will I still have to find a group of players to run Dzemael Darkhold?

2.) I can't find the posts and the new server information posted hasn't answered a question I have: Will 1.0 characters be herded to a majority 1.0 server, or will I be able to move to a brand new server and play with a friend of mine who will be completely new to XIV?

3.) Will I be able to transfer gil from my 1.0 character to a new character I create or will I still have to trade it to someone to hold for me while I log on to my other character?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmorgan View Post
    1.) I have a Legacy Character, I have not completed all of the quests to complete Dragoon. I never completed Double Dragon as I could not complete Dzemael Darkhold. My question is, will the quests be changed, or will I still have to find a group of players to run Dzemael Darkhold?

2.) I can't find the posts and the new server information posted hasn't answered a question I have: Will 1.0 characters be herded to a majority 1.0 server, or will I be able to move to a brand new server and play with a friend of mine who will be completely new to XIV?

3.) Will I be able to transfer gil from my 1.0 character to a new character I create or will I still have to trade it to someone to hold for me while I log on to my other character?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    1# All quest was reset the only one that saved was relic. But i'm guessing you just need to do the new quest line.

2# You can play in a brand new server if you make a new char. Your not allow to use a already level char also your friend can just join in the legacy worlds new and old players are allow to play on it.

3# If you want the new character to be in a brand new world you only allow to play on a char you just made. But if you want to play on a second character in the same legacy world you can just send the gil by mail.

Remember your friend can join you in a legacy world. The only thing is if his be joining the new worlds then you have to make a second character. Then later on when you allow to enter that world with your 1.0 char you just pay the fee and switch him over there and take the stuff you had him. But remember it could be 3-1year before they allow that or longer.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    1.) You'll be able to continue your relic quests. They'll most likely be slightly different and most likely will still require a party.

2.) Since you have an existing character you'll have to play on one of the 5 Legacy servers for your region. You can choose to stay on the one you're currently on, or you can move. Some Servers that were Japanese are no NA/EU and some are staying JP region. I'll post a link in a sec. Your friend will have to join whatever legacy server you're on unless you want to go to a fresh start server and start all over.

3.) This has been said for almost a year now lol and again in recent posts on the lodestone. 98% of your character data will be transferred to ARR. You'll need to claim your items from a few NPC's around the world when this happens. Your gil will be 10% of what you originally had. Some items won't be in ARR so they'll be converted to gil.

All this information is within 2 clicks on this site, bro. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhys Folles
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    All this information is within 2 clicks on this site, bro. lol
    Really? Because none of the questions I specifically asked were answered:

here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...a9678758c91b95

or

here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...a1dd51085f4be3

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    Your gil will be 10% of what you originally had. Some items won't be in ARR so they'll be converted to gil.
    Not the question I asked. I knew my gil would be 10% of what I had and I didn't ask about retrieving items, my question was would I be able to transfer/mail it to a new character. Y'know when you start an alt and want to give it money?

Thanks for the answers though, "bro".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Since you were a 1.0 player, please check your email. You ask very good questions, but I'm not sure if we can publicly answer them yet. All 1.0 account holders have PC Beta 3 access...not only that Phase 3= 1.0 character port. So all your questions can be answered by trying it out. Below is some information I found via google, I know it doesn't answer your questions directly... but it's a start. (PS the info is a little outdated, but still relevant to what you need to know)

Beta testing will begin in the middle of February 2013.
    FFXIV Legacy Members will receive a free pass into beta phase 1.
    FFXIV Account holders will receive a free pass into beta phase 3.
    and
    Phase 3

Phase 3 begins 1-2 weeks after phase 1 ends and will last 1-3 weeks. The purpose of this test is for version 1.0 character import testing, which means players will be able to use their V1 character. This will also be the first time in the beta that players are able to visit Limsa Lominsa and Ul'dah and their surrounding areas. Free companies will be added along with limit breaks and materia crafting. On the system side this will be the first time data centers are available outside Japan. There will be over 20 worlds available and the level cap may be increased from 35 to 50.
    Link to info: http://www.ffxivinfo.com/beta.php
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmorgan View Post
    Really? Because none of the questions I specifically asked were answered:

here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...a9678758c91b95

or

here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...a1dd51085f4be3

Not the question I asked. I knew my gil would be 10% of what I had and I didn't ask about retrieving items, my question was would I be able to transfer/mail it to a new character. Y'know when you start an alt and want to give it money?

Thanks for the answers though, "bro".
    You can send gil by mail as long as there in the same world.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 06-13-2013 at 04:32 AM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    You can send gil by mail as long as there in the same world.
    Correction, you can send mail if they're on the same world AND on your friend list. You can't add your own characters to your friend list. Yoshi-P said this was working as intended in an attempt to help curb RMT in of his interviews.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I believe in the live letter before the last one (not e3 one) they said that in order to mail something you would have to have the recipient on your friends list. If adding someone to your friends list is the same in XI, requiring both people to be online at the same time to do it, you won't be able to send gil to your mule if they're on the same XIV account. If you have 2 XIV accounts you would have to sign in both players, befriend each other then mail the gil.

However, in the past week or so they said our friends list will be carried over in the sense that it'll automatically send out friend invites to players that were on it before. This makes me think that you'll be able to befriend someone and they retrieve it like mail to accept it. If this is the case, you just need to befriend your mule, log in mule, accept, then log in main to mail gil.

HOWEVER - they did state in the recent live letter that all your characters on a given server will use the same retainer. this could be a way to transfer gear and funds. Similar to many games shared bank system.
    (0)
    * I fully give permission for any of my written ideas to be used by SE without recognition.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    So if you want to pass gil/items from one of your characters to another, would have to hand them to a friend to pass to your other character for you. This is how I normally do it anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    Correction, you can send mail if they're on the same world AND on your friend list. You can't add your own characters to your friend list. Yoshi-P said this was working as intended in an attempt to help curb RMT in of his interviews.
    That the dumbest thing SE can do. They waste how much money making emote for RP but when a person need to send gil to other char they have too give to someone and hope they give it to your other char lol.

I'm sure there be ways to send gil to your other chars that would dumb if they don/t do something about it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast