Player
    Character
    Masamune Branford
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Idea For Legacy Characters to Move to Non-Legacy Servers

I would venture to guess that majority of players who never played 1.0, are going to want to start on fresh servers (a lot of my friends who never played feel this way). I want to play with these friends but I also don't want to completely give up my 1.0 character.

SE should allow a legacy player to switch to a non-legacy server and lose all of its class/job levels, all of it's gil, majority of its items, etc. However, the catch would be that this player maintains all of its unique items (goobue, dalamud horn, deity ring, raven's earrings), maintains the journal of all previous quests and missions that were completed and for story-line purposes is considered a survivor of meteor. If SE was compelled to, they could remove the stats from the dalamud horn, deity ring and raven's earrings and there would be absolutely nothing throwing off the balance between a 1.0 player a a new player.

I think there are many 1.0 players who are reluctant to start fresh because they don't want to lose these certain traits that make their characters unique. Let us keep these traits if we switch servers. Possibly let us keep our GC rank as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    OMG really?

No.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneBranford View Post
    I would venture to guess that majority of players who never played 1.0, are going to want to start on fresh servers (a lot of my friends who never played feel this way). I want to play with these friends but I also don't want to completely give up my 1.0 character.

SE should allow a legacy player to switch to a non-legacy server and lose all of its class/job levels, all of it's gil, majority of its items, etc. However, the catch would be that this player maintains all of its unique items (goobue, dalamud horn, deity ring, raven's earrings), maintains the journal of all previous quests and missions that were completed and for story-line purposes is considered a survivor of meteor. If SE was compelled to, they could remove the stats from the dalamud horn, deity ring and raven's earrings and there would be absolutely nothing throwing off the balance between a 1.0 player a a new player.

I think there are many 1.0 players who are reluctant to start fresh because they don't want to lose these certain traits that make their characters unique. Let us keep these traits if we switch servers. Possibly let us keep our GC rank as well.
    Legacy get 8 char per world for a max of 40. Make a new char keep the old once they open that world up to everyone. Pay the fee to switch your char with all the unique items and play with that and just get all your gil/item from your other char to that one. There you go done no need for SE to do all this complicated stuff that they will end up fucking up and people going to lose more then just there normal items.
    (20)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 06-07-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Masamune Branford
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    OMG really?

No.
    Not sure why this is suck a big deal to you. It would be an option that you could gladly ignore and go on with your day.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Why don't you just have your friends start on your server?
    (20)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Or they could just allow server transfers for all characters after 6 months or a year, at which point the economy on those servers should be established to the point where the legacy player's influence will be minimized.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneBranford View Post
    Not sure why this is suck a big deal to you. It would be an option that you could gladly ignore and go on with your day.
    Zenaku said it nicer, but it just seemed like one more thread about how SE could bend over backwards to offer something a very small percentage of players would be interested in. So I posted my initial gut feeling. I'm sorry if it sounded mean. :/
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Yeani Sky
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Me i don't see why transfering to new server losing all the money just to play with friends ..when they can go on your server and instead of losing all your money ... help them with your craft and you money (since you wanted to give it away). Me i only have 1 lvl 50 i didnt level all to 50 cos i knew my wife would play with me. but she will come in my legacy server and i will help her with crafting if she need armo,weapon and money.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Masamune Branford
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    Why don't you just have your friends start on your server?
    I have a good 10 friends (not RL) or so that I casually play MMORPGS with. All of us started FFXIV and within a month I was the only person left. I'm a casual player to the extreme (I'm a married corporate tax attorney in RL with very little time to play). I managed to get a goobue mount, level BLM to 50 and complete the "Once in a Liftetime" storyline. I've been a Final Fantasy fan my entire life. Thus for completist purposes, I'd like to maintain my "Once in a Lifetime" storyline completion.

I think it would be hard to deny that a large chunk of the legacy server population have all jobs leveled and potentially greatly abused the gil system. My 10 or so MMORPG fans (and likely countless others) do not want to start on a server where everybody is max level and has piles of gil. If they have to play catch-up; they will surely miss out on endgame activities if the legacy population grows tired of certain endgame activities once the non-legacy players catch-up.

That's my dilemma. But as Jillybean and others have said, I'm probably the minority. I just felt that wanting to keep your achievements and play on a non-legacy server might be a much more common dilemma. I guess I was wrong.
    (2)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I think it would be hard to deny that a large chunk of the legacy server population have all jobs leveled and potentially greatly abused the gil system.
    There is zero potential for a "greatly abused gil system." Supply and demand will keep the prices of items in check as it always has in every game economy ever created. In fact, there are many advantages to the already established economy, not the least of which is there is an immediate supply of some goods.

Your friends do not have to play catch up. There will be lots of new people starting on every server. Even legacy players have to do a lot of things over again. They will be able to play endgame content (but "casual" players usually don't, so I'm not sure what the worry is.) Remember also that there are new jobs and many existing players will be leveling those jobs up, not rushing straight into endgame.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast