Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
    Yeah, I might be moving in the near future, so these tests may be pointless, but I've averaging out at about 85ms to Montreal, and 140ms to Japan. For MMO gaming, 140ms is not game breaking.

But as you said, I might have to anyway because people seem to be jumping ship even if their ping is in the low 100s.

I guess I'll wait and see what type of people and linkshells go where. I want to avoid the EU heavy and RP heavy servers. Which pretty much leaves me with Sargatanas and Hyperion I think.
    BG is going to Excalibur, and I think my LS is leaning towards Hyperion but I'm not sure yet, I'll know around monday I think? Not sure. Kind of a sticky situation atm because well, a lot of people just aren't sure yet, I'll post here if I find out anything about shells moving.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimnir Faltz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RathSkybreaker View Post
    BG is going to Excalibur, and I think my LS is leaning towards Hyperion but I'm not sure yet, I'll know around monday I think? Not sure. Kind of a sticky situation atm because well, a lot of people just aren't sure yet, I'll post here if I find out anything about shells moving.
    Thanks, keep me posted, I need to get as much information before I transfer.
    I'd hate to get stuck on a server with people I'm not fond of. (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kyra Narese
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Ping times is important, but personally I care more aobut the fact that JP servers are going to be 90% populated with JP players, which is of far more concern with me. I don't enjoy spam on my chat window in a mmorpg that I cant understand and people that I cant communicate with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimnir Faltz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    Ping times is important, but personally I care more aobut the fact that JP servers are going to be 90% populated with JP players, which is of far more concern with me. I don't enjoy spam on my chat window in a mmorpg that I cant understand and people that I cant communicate with.
    Ping times are important, but for a game like FFXIV, if you're under 150ms you are fine.
    As for the servers being 90% JP, we will have to wait and see. Just because the servers are there does not mean the entire population is going to be JP.
    (0)

Player

Sorry I've only played FF XIV for a few months before it shut down so I dont know what RP is all about but I was thinking about going to balmung and want to know why not? =s
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riaa Alteir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Balmung is supposed to be a nice place, or so I'm told. It isn't just RP there afaik, so it's really up to you if you wanna go there or not. I'm personally thinking about it myself, though honestly it's still in the air. I'm happy as long as I'm on a server with people I can understand, lol.

(Also, hiya Rock!)
    (0)

Player

Riaa! =D it's been sooooo long!

Hopefully our LS can talk it out and figure out what to do since beta starts on friday lol 7 months was too long
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Soul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    ROCK !!!!! You know what, so this mean 7 months now, release date will make 9 months, real reborn! So now I know why they took 9 months I still don't know what server for me !! I guess i'll wait and see where most of my buddies go.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Gangaram View Post
    ROCK !!!!! You know what, so this mean 7 months now, release date will make 9 months, real reborn! So now I know why they took 9 months I still don't know what server for me !! I guess i'll wait and see where most of my buddies go.
    !!!!! LGGGGGGG !!!!!! I totally missed your first post o.0' lol we must stick together! I cant wait to see everyone online again It's not final fantasy XIV without LG!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riaa Alteir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockababy View Post
    Riaa! =D it's been sooooo long!

Hopefully our LS can talk it out and figure out what to do since beta starts on friday lol 7 months was too long
    Heheheh, of course! Just gotta wait for Riaa to come back.
    Looking forward to catching up with you guys, it has been too long.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alteiriaa; 06-15-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: herp derp

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast