Player
    Character
    Azure Xanh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Hey Gungnir

Azure here representing the BNYC guild, we are taking a poll but we are definitely leaning towards leaving Gungnir and towards Hyperion

Just want to leave a thank you note for the Gungnir community for a great time, and a personal thanks to the Istory community for being awesome.
    (1)

Player

Oh nooo Azure youre leaving?! man I'm so torn I feel like leaving not because I want to but because I feel like I'll be the only NA guy on a JP server... I'll miss my JP friends...

I have a general question to anyone who reads, it's that if they leave Gungnir where will they go?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimnir Faltz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockababy View Post
    Oh nooo Azure youre leaving?! man I'm so torn I feel like leaving not because I want to but because I feel like I'll be the only NA guy on a JP server... I'll miss my JP friends...

I have a general question to anyone who reads, it's that if they leave Gungnir where will they go?
    One of the NA servers probably, Balmung is probably going to end up being RP, so it's going to be between Sarg and Hyperion. This is unless I find NA shells forming on Gungnir.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
    One of the NA servers probably, Balmung is probably going to end up being RP, so it's going to be between Sarg and Hyperion. This is unless I find NA shells forming on Gungnir.
    Is RP like when people start acting out their characters lives as if its their own?

I notice on a site like xivpads that sarg has a very high amount of characters in comparison to the other worlds so most likely to fill up very quickly?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Is RP like when people start acting out their characters lives as if its their own?

I notice on a site like xivpads that sarg has a very high amount of characters in comparison to the other worlds so most likely to fill up very quickly?
    The RP community on Balmung is a vast minority compared to the rest of the community, we don't mind being labeled to unofficial or official RP server. The RPers mostly keep to themselves. The server as a whole is mostly NA but there's quite a bit EU, and sadly I suspect the JP side will be jumping ship.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player

Quote Originally Posted by NoloeTazier View Post
    The RP community on Balmung is a vast minority compared to the rest of the community, we don't mind being labeled to unofficial or official RP server. The RPers mostly keep to themselves. The server as a whole is mostly NA but there's quite a bit EU, and sadly I suspect the JP side will be jumping ship.
    But a good community none the less? (when I say that I mean always populated with people shouting for parties ect.)
    Maybe I'm just asking too many questions too soon and see what the NA gungnir is up to during phase 3 =/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    But a good community none the less? (when I say that I mean always populated with people shouting for parties ect.)
    Maybe I'm just asking too many questions too soon and see what the NA gungnir is up to during phase 3 =/
    A very good community, I'm not one to put up with people /shouting "lulz gooby" and such, Balmung had none of that. At times it might have been hard for new players to get help with quests like right after patches, but I'm sure it was like that for all servers. If you look at xivpads I think Balmung is in 2nd in population just on that site. Tons of old players returning, new players joining or rerolling, and people on other servers transferring to Balmung. Kinda feel like we might hit population cap relatively soon after Launch. Balmung in a nutshell.
    (1)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Dark Soul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    OMG !! Whats uppppppppppppppppppppppppp !!!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    Verm, from what I've gathered, there's a pretty big difference from jp and na servers..I know people who are pinging the server in Montreal, and the JP server, and response time averages are varying by 80-100 ms in some cases.. that's a pretty insane difference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimnir Faltz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RathSkybreaker View Post
    Verm, from what I've gathered, there's a pretty big difference from jp and na servers..I know people who are pinging the server in Montreal, and the JP server, and response time averages are varying by 80-100 ms in some cases.. that's a pretty insane difference.
    Yeah, I might be moving in the near future, so these tests may be pointless, but I've averaging out at about 85ms to Montreal, and 140ms to Japan. For MMO gaming, 140ms is not game breaking.

But as you said, I might have to anyway because people seem to be jumping ship even if their ping is in the low 100s.

I guess I'll wait and see what type of people and linkshells go where. I want to avoid the EU heavy and RP heavy servers. Which pretty much leaves me with Sargatanas and Hyperion I think.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast