Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    look like some people are going to have to make some new buddys if they want the best connection.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Damien Ramirez
    World
    Shinryu
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikeField View Post
    Questions that need answering.

1) Where are the physical locations of Sargatanas→ Balmung → Hyperion → Excalibur Ragnarok ? Saying North USA and Europe only confuses me. Like are there two servers for each name in each country? From what I recalled the servers were relocated to reduce lag. So does could mean Ragnorak is in Europe since Squareenix suggested it?

2) Starting Cities
    I'm a level 50 Marauder. Starting city Uldah and Chief Flame Sergeant of the Immortal flames. When the service starts I have to manually choose a starting class so I should choose a Gladiator etc to stay a Uldah citizen or it doesn't apply to preexisting members?. One's starting city will effect their main story line so I shouldn't change to a class that would put me in another city ~ since then I wouldn't be able to progress with my city story line and start from the new chosen city, correct?

3)"Grand Company barding will only be available after enlisting in a Grand Company
    * Should a Version 1.0 character enlist in a different Grand Company, their personal chocobo will remain equipped with the barding used in Version 1.0 until it is changed by the player." Does this mean that the barfing relating to the old Grand company will be lost if they change to the new Grand company barding? I think its fair. Because you left our army for another. I wouldn't like if some one could have barding from two different grand companies. Or rather a person has a barding ticket and the barding image on the chocobo stays the same till its change. Then the next time they equip that same barding it will reflect the new Grand company barding. I'm sure some people will never change just to say I'm from Gridiana wearing Limo bard.....

4) Chocobo whistle to call for riding and fighting Chocobo are they the same? It's said that they key item to call your chocobo will be removed. Is this being replace with chocobo food or will another type of whistle to be obtainable by quest . Also it was said in the live that chocobo food will be used to call your chocobo pet to fight. Will using the whistle do the same?

5) And lastly all V 1.0 accounts can change the appearance of their characters one time. Can this be done any time after launch maybe two months down? Or must I choose the day of service. I would like to see how my character is will new amours and such before I do such change.

Arigatou Komsahapnida
    1. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/361
    (a more detailed location rep responce would be nice here as well as western N/A is faster for me that Eastern N/A by 400ms+ at times)

2. ? you choose the city you want to start in, the one you want to do the story line for OR the one with the new Class you want to Start, so you dont need to move around alot after you start the game!
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...a1dd51085f4be3
    (although a rep comment on how it affect story lines would be nice!)

3. Dont know but you can buy the same barding's again & new "cosplay" barding so does it actuly really matter? 99% will say NO

4. If you watch the live letter "Mounts" are called Via the "hot bar" the one where you put your moves/macros e.t.c.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCCKYfouAxE
    21min's
    also as stated by Yoshi P the bar will be extended from 1.0's 3 bars to 10 i think it was said. so space is no probliem!
    (unless you use gamepad in which case you have whatever many it has which i can safely assume is less due to my experiance with ps3 gaming & playing Tera. unless they made a new controller for it)

5. This can be done at the start of phase 4, but yoshi has also said if theres any probliems you will need to do it again at release.
    (he has gone back & forward between phase 4 & released quite a few times SO assume phase 4 & if you like what you have, remember it at release! if you do for whatever reason need to do it again.
    (0)
    Last edited by prymortal; 06-06-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This needs no clarification. You can only change your character once, therefore it's permanent once you make the change.

What DOES need clarification though: Is there still going to be an EU data center? All the EU server names are lumped into the same list with the north america ones.
    It does need clarification though, since we have two conflicting statements of when this will happen per my first post in this thread, both made by SE or its representatives. Someone may be under the impression that they're only going to be locked in at launch, but be provided the option to change in phase 4 without realizing that is indeed their only chance and it will be carried over from phase 4 to launch with no chance to redesign "at launch" as they thought they would be able to.

And whether it's absolutely needed or not is beside the point. More complete info in as many places as possible about a topic that has the potential to cause such massive player outrage as this does, can only be beneficial to both the players and SE's support team.

Even if you don't think it's confusing, it may be to others.
    (1)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player

Quite clear: "The appearance of Version 1.0 Characters can only modified when logging in for the first time after the start of official service". And for what concerns Server Location, you can read this on the Blog Post:

Group JP:
    • Aegis (LEGACY)
    • Durandal (LEGACY)
    • Gungnir (LEGACY)
    • Masamune (LEGACY)
    • Ridill (LEGACY)

Group NA/EU:
    • Balmung (LEGACY)
    • Excalibur (LEGACY)
    • Hyperion (LEGACY)
    • Sargatanas (LEGACY)
    • Ragnarok (LEGACY/EU)

From this one can only says that NA/EU Group is not in Japan. They could all be in USA with Ragnarok recommended for EU people ( But in this case it would mean no regional Data Centers for european people?! ) or maybe Ragnarok is still in Europe. I hope Square-Enix will clarify this.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    What DOES need clarification though: Is there still going to be an EU data center? All the EU server names are lumped into the same list with the north america ones.
    It is a little confusing because the Lodestone article makes it out like the NA/EU servers are lumped together in the same datacenter, but the blog post clearly separates out the EU servers and one would make the assumption that there is physically a datacenter in EU (London) rather than all the servers being physically located in NA.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Khira View Post
    Sorry but can you show us your source? Is it from any official announce?
    Ragnarok was a JP server in 1.0, it was meant to help EU players gather. It can't be the only server with an EU data center.

And we are talking of data centers to reduce lag anyway, isn't it possible that there are such centers both in NA and EU?

EDIT: ok it's from the blog.
    This mean that EU players wont have any chance to solve the lag issue unless they move to Ragnarok. So as legacy players we actually don't have an option, we are forced to move there or we keep the lag to stay with our community...
    will you think that every EU player would just move to the only EU world that is for legacy. They also said if it get full they make other EU world same for NA/JP the only problem i see is if that only EU get full then half of your friends may end up lock out of that world if they did not pick it sooner.

I see this being a shit fest like the last time we did a transferring.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Reefo Greenleaf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I think a lot of your questions are just a wait and see type of thing.

The data centers are simply meant to place players of a region on a server which their peak times coincide and their language is the same.

It just seems like people think just because the data center is close they will magically have wonderful pings and no lag response, which they can get from any data center any where in the world. The reason lag was bad in version 1.0 wasn't because the data center was in Japan, it was because they had a really bad data structure and poor infrastructure.

Don't feel like you have to choose a server based on your region or you will have a really bad laggy time. You won't notice the difference in lag between a server in your region or across the world. If you want to play early mornings (NA) then pick a JP server because their peak time is early morning for us. If you want to play a lot during the day time (NA) then pick the EU server because their peak time is noon for NA. If you want to play at night when the NA peak time is, then play on a NA server. That's really the only advantage besides language to having regional data centers, the lag we are talking about 100ms maybe 150 at worst, which for a mmo is absolutely nothing.

I can't speak Japanese and my best time to play is NA peak time, therefore I shall choose a NA data center to play with English speaking players that prefer to play after 5pm CST or so. While I love most of the JP players I've encountered, I'm quite tired of JP ONLY groups or groups that can't use voice chat because no one speaks the same language...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coris Teijan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61

2) Starting Cities
    I'm a level 50 Marauder. Starting city Uldah and Chief Flame Sergeant of the Immortal flames. When the service starts I have to manually choose a starting class so I should choose a Gladiator etc to stay a Uldah citizen or it doesn't apply to preexisting members?. One's starting city will effect their main story line so I shouldn't change to a class that would put me in another city ~ since then I wouldn't be able to progress with my city story line and start from the new chosen city, correct?
    ^ This.
    When I think of it, I want to keep CON as my mainclass but I also want to stay in Limsa :/
    It's not that I don't like MRD but I don't see it as my mainclass.
    For me that text on the Lodestone isn't clear :S
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Latura Skinwalker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    So till now we have no proof where the physical locations of the servers are ... :/

If we guess that the servers

Cerberus
    Moogle
    Odin
    Shiva
    Ragnarok (LEGACY)

are located on the EU then that means that the Lecacy member are forced to go to Ragnarok or live with lag or make a new Char and choose one of the other 4 EU server?

I hope we will get soon a list where we can see where the servers are physical located .... And to be focred to move to one server as Lecasy EU player is shit imo <.<
    (0)

Player

Questions that need answering.

5) And lastly all V 1.0 accounts can change the appearance of their characters one time. Can this be done any time after launch maybe two months down? Or must I choose the day of service. I would like to see how my character is will new amours and such before I do such change.

Arigatou Komsahapnida
    Having a look at the site from what I understand you will not be able to change the appearance of your character during Beta Phase 4. I say this because it states that "The appearance of Version 1.0 Characters can only modified when logging in for the first time after the start of official service." Official service is Aug 27th this much we know. The only way to change two months after would be to login 2 months after aside from that, this is why they will be releasing a character builder benchmark so you can test things out as much as you want.

Now there is two sides to this argument I know, they state that Beta 4 character progress will be carried over to the "official release" so if it does let you change your appearance, being part of your character progress at the beginning of Phase 4, it will carry over. They never said this option will be available though.

For anyone who has the pre-order early release, their official service will begin a week earlier than Aug 27th.
    (2)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast