Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthis View Post
    Only way I can interpret it is that those servers under NA/EU that says EU are in Europe (Wherever that is), the others are in NA (Whatever that means).
    I'm concerned it is along the same lines as the old "EU" server of Ragnarok, which was encouraged for EU players for the purposes of aligning time zone activity, even though the physical server was still in Japan.

So NA location, EU attendance encouraged? Or physical EU location? This is what I would like cleared up.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Characters being transferred from Version 1.0 will get to make their characters over one time, will that be during early access or Beta Phase 4?
    This is scheduled for phase 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodestone
    Modifying Version 1.0 Characters
    The appearance of Version 1.0 Characters can only modified when logging in for the first time after the start of official service. You cannot perform changes during phase 3 of the beta test.
    * If you believe your Version 1.0 character data has been improperly transferred, please contact the support center.
    So which is it? Phase 4 or launch? When exactly will my choices be locked in? We need a straight, 100% accurate answer. This conflicting info is just going to confuse and anger a bunch of people when they get it wrong without even knowing until it's too late.

You guys had also better make it clear in-game when any character changes will be permanent. I'm sure there's tons of people that don't keep up with the Lodestone news that won't hear about this, and they ought to be notified too of when their last chance to make changes is.
    (10)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    A LOT of people left XIV to wait for ARR...I hope they have enough space in those legacy worlds.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeMan View Post
    A LOT of people left XIV to wait for ARR...I hope they have enough space in those legacy worlds.
    I think they'd considered that months ago and are making sure there will be. If not, I guess that's just the price of letting go.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    ho hum.. not sure what I think on this yet~

I'm guessing they distributed the legacy servers based on Regional % of population (i.e JP Legacy servers had high JP population, NA legacy high NA, etc.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'khira Nirhu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DubstepNinja View Post
    JP data centre
    Atomos
    Bahamut
    Chocobo
    Garuda
    Ifrit
    Mandragora
    Ramuh
    Tiamat
    Titan
    Tonberry
    Aegis (LEGACY)
    Durandal (LEGACY)
    Gungnir (LEGACY)
    Masamune (LEGACY)
    Ridill (LEGACY)

NA Datacentre
    Adamantoise
    Behemoth
    Cactuar
    Coeurl
    Diabolos
    Gilgamesh
    Goblin
    Leviathan
    Malboro
    Midgardsormr
    Ultros
    Balmung (LEGACY)
    Excalibur (LEGACY)
    Hyperion (LEGACY)
    Sargatanas (LEGACY)

EU Datacentre
    Cerberus
    Moogle
    Odin
    Shiva
    Ragnarok (LEGACY)
    Sorry but can you show us your source? Is it from any official announce?
    Ragnarok was a JP server in 1.0, it was meant to help EU players gather. It can't be the only server with an EU data center.

And we are talking of data centers to reduce lag anyway, isn't it possible that there are such centers both in NA and EU?

EDIT: ok it's from the blog.
    This mean that EU players wont have any chance to solve the lag issue unless they move to Ragnarok. So as legacy players we actually don't have an option, we are forced to move there or we keep the lag to stay with our community...
    (0)
    Last edited by Khira; 06-05-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Blaize Kennedy
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Khira View Post
    Sorry but can you show us your source? Is it from any official announce?
    It's on the FFXIV Blog today

Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    I'm concerned it is along the same lines as the old "EU" server of Ragnarok, which was encouraged for EU players for the purposes of aligning time zone activity, even though the physical server was still in Japan.

So NA location, EU attendance encouraged? Or physical EU location? This is what I would like cleared up.
    ^^ This, While they say which servers are EU, its not exactly clear whether this means just reccommended for Timezone purposes Like Ver 1.0 Ragnarok, or the Data Centers are actually EU Based also. A quick Clarification on this would be awesome!
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    5) And lastly all V 1.0 accounts can change the appearance of their characters one time. Can this be done any time after launch maybe two months down? Or must I choose the day of service. I would like to see how my character is will new amours and such before I do such change.
    It can be done from phase 4.

4) Chocobo whistle to call for riding and fighting Chocobo are they the same? It's said that they key item to call your chocobo will be removed. Is this being replace with chocobo food or will another type of whistle to be obtainable by quest . Also it was said in the live that chocobo food will be used to call your chocobo pet to fight. Will using the whistle do the same?
    Calling your mount was changed to an ability instead of a key item. I'm not sure why it's sad that it's no longer a key item, there is no functional difference.

EDIT: ok it's from the blog.
    This mean that EU players wont have any chance to solve the lag issue unless they move to Ragnarok. So as legacy players we actually don't have an option, we are forced to move there or we keep the lag to stay with our community...
    You can move to any server that isn't specifically designated for new characters (unknown which ones will be), not just Ragnarok. That being said, most of the lag in 1.0 was caused by the interface, not your ping. You may not have to move anywhere for that reason unless it really bothers you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Holy Dragoon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Myranda View Post
    So which is it? Phase 4 or launch? When exactly will my choices be locked in? We need a straight, 100% accurate answer. This conflicting info is just going to confuse and anger a bunch of people when they get it wrong without even knowing until it's too late.

You guys had also better make it clear in-game when any character changes will be permanent. I'm sure there's tons of people that don't keep up with the Lodestone news that won't hear about this, and they ought to be notified too of when their last chance to make changes is.
    This really needs clarification sooner than later.
    (2)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    You guys had also better make it clear in-game when any character changes will be permanent.
    This needs no clarification. You can only change your character once, therefore it's permanent once you make the change.

What DOES need clarification though: Is there still going to be an EU data center? All the EU server names are lumped into the same list with the north america ones.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-06-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast