Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Retainers

Does anyone understand what is meant by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Live Letter
    Q11: In regards to retainer sharing, for example, if you have one account with three characters on the same world, will we be sharing 2 retainers between 3 characters or have 6 retainers?

A11: While their inventory will be empty, the retainers will be shared.
    Here is how Reinheart translated it in his google doc:

f; okay next question, regarding retainer, say you have 3 characters on same world, would it be 6 retainers or just two?
    y; the content of the bag will be empty but it will be shared with same retainer
    y; the way you use it won’t change
    f; i see

What do they mean the content of the bag will be empty? And I guess the answer to the actual question is you will have 2 retainers to share on one server for all the characters on your account?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nadien Kirisame
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    What do they mean the content of the bag will be empty? And I guess the answer to the actual question is you will have 2 retainers to share on one server for all the characters on your account?
    From what it says you will have 2 retainers shared between all your characters however the inventory will not be shared as in if one character puts an item in the retainer the other characters will not see that item only the one that put the item in... sort of how other games have banks... you may go to the same bank with each character but they have different inventories... I hope that helps..

The cat is amused =^.^=
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    That helps alot thanks! I'm not familiar with the way other games work, I've only played XI (for 6.5 years) and 1.0.

So, in theory, if a retainer has 125 slots, it will be per character. So the retainer will really have 125 slots times however many characters you have (375 slots if you have 3 chars, etc.)? Each character would have up to 125 slots available?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nadien Kirisame
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    That helps alot thanks! I'm not familiar with the way other games work, I've only played XI (for 6.5 years) and 1.0.

So, in theory, if a retainer has 125 slots, it will be per character. So the retainer will really have 125 slots times however many characters you have (375 slots if you have 3 chars, etc.)? Each character would have up to 125 slots available?
    Pretty much like that... each character would have the full inventory space of the retainer to use... so if you wanted you could mail a bunch of stuff to one of your characters to hold with the extra space.

And yeah they didn't say it but it sort of sounds like you will have a limit per account on the number of retainers you can have... so probably only 2 or so.

The cat is amused =^.^=
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I think this just means that the first individual retainers you make persist across all characters in that server. Any extra characters you make on that server won't be able to make or name their own retainers, but they will be able to use the previously-created ones for their own inventories separate from the other characters once they unlock retainer access.

I guess you can imagine it like a butler that serves several members of a single family.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Even the translation by Bayohne was rather unclear. I was trying to figure out what they meant as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    My current set up is 3 characters and each one has 2 retainers. My guess is, the new system will simply force me to surrender 4 names. It seems it has more to do with market control than inventory control as the retainer system is being used to portray you in the market system.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Yes, it's unclear, and could benefit with a clarification. Does each additional character on the same world get its own full set of inventory slots and AH slots, or are they divided between all characters? (i.e. char1 sees available only the # of slots that other chars have not used?)

__
    *Details of how ARR retainers work in Phase 1(?) were disclosed in the GamerEscape NDA-free podcast, if anyone was wondering.
    (0)
    Last edited by ArkhamNative; 05-31-2013 at 05:20 PM.