Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
Wouldn't I have to have a PS3 and a PS/Sony account to apply the pre-order/CE in-game bonuses, though? Or do we think that can be done via our SE Account Management acct?
Well first I was gonna say "Surely all codes are applied through SE Account Management", but then I re-read the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
Yes, this will be possible. By inputting the product code enclosed with the PS3 version into your PS3, you will be able to choose to add the PS3 version to either an existing FFXIV service account or a new FFXIV service account. If you choose to add it to an FFXIV existing service account, the pre-order bonuses will be applied to that FFXIV service account.
Looks like you have to do it through a PS3... Seems weird though, might be an oversight..? Of course, you could register a SEN/PSN ID for free and go round to a friend's with your PS3 CE and link it/apply codes there. It would mean that in the future you'd be able to play on Playstation (hey, we might be playing this game for 10+ years; you might get it on PS4 or PS5 lol).