Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    Wouldn't I have to have a PS3 and a PS/Sony account to apply the pre-order/CE in-game bonuses, though? Or do we think that can be done via our SE Account Management acct?
    Well first I was gonna say "Surely all codes are applied through SE Account Management", but then I re-read the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Yes, this will be possible. By inputting the product code enclosed with the PS3 version into your PS3, you will be able to choose to add the PS3 version to either an existing FFXIV service account or a new FFXIV service account. If you choose to add it to an FFXIV existing service account, the pre-order bonuses will be applied to that FFXIV service account.
    Looks like you have to do it through a PS3... Seems weird though, might be an oversight..? Of course, you could register a SEN/PSN ID for free and go round to a friend's with your PS3 CE and link it/apply codes there. It would mean that in the future you'd be able to play on Playstation (hey, we might be playing this game for 10+ years; you might get it on PS4 or PS5 lol).
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I actually HAVE a PS3, but it's one of the big clunky originals, I haven't touched it in ages. It's backwards compatible and I've heard those wont' work with this game. It's not online and I've never made a PSN as far as I know. (or worse, maybe I have and won't have any idea how to get into it! lol)

If I knew my old PS3 would work with this game, I might have a go at it. Can't hurt to have a back-up system! This whole thing is still such a silly mess though, isn't it?! sheesh
    (0)

Hello everyone!

We gathered more questions from the forums and are answering them as we go, so check the below to see if your burning query was included.

If I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition online, but it said that the game would be delivered on August 27th, how am I going to get early access if the game is sent on release day?
    Those who qualify for early access will be able to download the client before the start of official service, allowing you to log in and play before release day.

What if I pre-order the game, and my payment option is COD (Cash On Delivery)? If my Collector's Edition is being delivered August 27th and the actual code is supposed to be sent early August, is it OK that the code is going to be delivered before I've actually paid for the game? Or will I not receive the code until my payment is confirmed.
    The need to pay immediately depends on the retailer you purchase from, but you should receive the pre-order code before the game. Of course, you won't be able to play after the start of service if your account isn't fully registered.

I realize you have to have the client installed beforehand for early access, but I still don't know when I'm going to be able to get the client. I also haven't heard anything about if those who pre-order the package will get it delivered before early access starts.
    An announcement will be made when the client is ready for distribution. A client download will also be prepared for early access, so we ask you use that client once it's ready.

So if I pre-order online but I'm paying by COD, when will I get the early access code?
    Regarding code distribution, once everything's been confirmed we'll make a separate announcement. We ask that you wait until then for an answer.

For those who pre-order, is there any way we can get our full game registration codes early?
    We're working to get everything confirmed before making an announcement, but for those who receive their early access codes, we're considering adjusting the early access to include a short period after official service begins. This would help ensure users can play in the event their package is not delivered on time. This may not guarantee players will be able to play the entire time until their package is delivered, but we will do what we can to make the transition to release as smooth as possible.

Assuming open beta comes first, is there really a point to early access if there's no wipe?
    Think of open beta as a final extension of the beta test, and early access as a precursor to the official release. The game is in open beta (Phase 4) → early access → official service.

You're right that the open beta will come first, but if you don't have early access, there's going to be a period of time between the end of beta and the official release where you cannot play. Those looking to fill that period between the beta test and launch will be looking to get early access.

It looks like you can only have one Square Enix Account per PS3, but will it be able to use a different ID when logging in? For example, if I own the PC and PS3 version and a friend comes over to play (he also has an account). Would I be able to play on my PC while my friend logs in on my PS3? Or will only my ID work on the PS3 once the account is linked?
    When you link your Square Enix account to the PS3, you're actually linking it to a Sony Entertainment Network account. As long as your friend logs in with a different Sony Entertainment Network account first, there should be no problem.

Which of these are possible scenarios when registering copies of the game:
    Square Enix Account
    - FFXIV Service Account 1 (Windows) < the pre-existing account
    - FFXIV Service Account 2 (PS3)

Square Enix Account
    - FFXIV Service Account (Windows & PS3)

If they are, does that mean in the first case service account 1 is PC only and service account 2 is PS3 only? Also, in the latter case, would I be able to play on the PC and PS3 at the same time?
    Both scenarios are possible:

"in the first case service account 1 is PC only and service account 2 is PS3 only?"
    This is correct.

"in the latter case, would I be able to play on the PC and PS3 at the same time?"
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to log in with both at the same time.

What if I bought the old version of FFXIV, and I already have characters on my account, but I'm looking to get the in game pre-order and collector's edition items. If I pre-order the collector's edition, then register the pre-order and collector's edition codes to my existing account, will I be able to get all the in game items?
    You will receive the pre-order items, but the registration code for the Windows collector's edition cannot be used with a pre-existing Windows service account. To receive the in game items for the collector's edition, please use the digital upgrade.

However, the PS3 version can be registered to an existing Windows account, which would allow you to receive the collector's edition items.

Let's say I purchase the original collector's edition and I'm also a Legacy player. If I buy the collector's edition and I want to start from scratch (totally separate from my old account), would I need to create a new Square Enix account?
    Square Enix accounts can hold up to 8 separate service accounts, so there's no need to create a separate one. As long as you create a separate service account, you should be fine with just one Square Enix account.

Let's say I have all of the special pre-order and collector's edition items from the old version (Garlond Goggles, Hermes Shoes, Asuran Armguards, and Onion Helm) on my Square Enix account. If I start a new character on a new server, will I be able to keep all those items and also get the new pre-order and collector's edition items?
    Those items aren't tied to your Square Enix account, but more specifically, your service account for FFXIV. You will continue to receive those items so long as you make a character with the aforementioned service account.

Let's say I bought the old game, and never received Legacy status. If I want to get early access on the PC, all I have to do is pre-order a copy of the new version right? If I buy the PS3 version instead, does that mean I have to play on PS3 during the early access period?
    As long as you pre-order, the PS3 version can be linked to your pre-existing FFXIV account to play early on the PC version.

This will also allow you to play on either the PS3 or PC with the same service account. However, you won't be able to log in with both at the same time. As long as this isn't a problem, you should be fine purchasing the PS3 version.

Will I still get the collector's edition items with my legacy account on the PC, even if I buy the PS3 collector's edition?
    If you buy the PS3 collector's edition, you'll be able to receive the collector's edition items granted you register the PS3 version to your legacy account. However, if you purchase the Windows collector's edition, it cannot be registered to your account, as your legacy account is considered a pre-existing Windows account.

Legacy status accounts are still treated the same as standard edition accounts in FFXIV:ARR, so If you have no interest in the physical items that come with the collector's edition, and have no intentions of playing on the PS3, using the digital upgrade will allow you to receive the collector's edition items with your current account.

If I pre-order the collector's edition and register a new service account, will I receive the pre-order bonuses and in game items on both my previous legacy account and a new account made with the collector's edition? Or will the bonuses only go to one account if I register the collector's edition code?
    A Square Enix account can hold up to 8 separate service accounts, but it should be noted that the pre-order bonuses can only be tied to a single service account, not to the entire Square Enix account.

If you purchase the collector's edition and register a new service account, your legacy account will not receive the collector's edition bonuses.

Does having the old collector's edition mean I get early access? Or do I need to repurchase the game?
    Early access is a pre-order bonus for those purchasing FFXIV:ARR. Players who purchased the original collector's edition are also required to pre-order FFXIV:ARR.

The only exception to this rule are those who meet the requirements for Legacy status.

I currently possess a legacy account for the PC. Can you tell me if these hypothetical scenarios are correct?

a. I purchase the PS3 collector's edition, and register the product code and bonus item code to my current service account.
    → I receive all of the bonus in game items on my legacy account, and can play on the PC or PS3. I cannot play with two accounts, and only one FF14 service account shows up on my Square Enix account.

b. I purchase the PS3 collector's edition, but register both the product code and bonus item code to a separate service account.
    →There is no change to the legacy account, and I can only log in from my PC. I can play on two separate accounts at the same time, one of them being PS3 only with my all my bonus items. My Square Enix account also shows two FFXIV service accounts.

c. I purchase the PS3 collector's edition, I register the product code to a separate account, but the bonus item code to my legacy account.
    →My legacy account has the preorder bonus items, and I can only log in to it from my PC. I can also play on my PS3 account separately at the same time. My Square Enix account also shows two FFXIV service accounts.
    All three scenarios are correct with this exception:
    The collector's edition bonus items are included in the product code, so any registration of the product code to a specific service account would include all the bonus items solely to that service account. Pre-order bonus item codes however are separate and can be registered to any service account.

When you purchase FFXIV:ARR do you get one month of free play?
    FFXIV:ARR includes 30 free days of playtime with purchase for new accounts. However, even though players who own FFXIV Version 1.0 will receive FFXIV:ARR for free, this does not include the 30 free days of play.

Will there be any way to get the Cait Sith doll and Mog Cap later?
    There are currently no plans to make these items available outside of pre-ordering.

Is there any chance I can trade in the physical items from the old collector's edition for the new ones?
    I'm sorry, but there are no plans to allow users to trade in these items.
    (21)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I actually HAVE a PS3, but it's one of the big clunky originals, I haven't touched it in ages. It's backwards compatible and I've heard those wont' work with this game.
    Mine too. They removed the backwards compatibility through a mandatory software upgrade (which you would have to do to play ARR). I haven't heard anything about those models not working with FFXIV though... I'd be interested to know where you heard that, before I scream very loudly.

If I knew my old PS3 would work with this game, I might have a go at it. Can't hurt to have a back-up system! This whole thing is still such a silly mess though, isn't it?! sheesh
    Yes!

My PS3 spent a few years gathering dust too. I was trying to work out how to attach it to my network when the internet told me that it was apparently native wireless. It makes a poor media server in the bedroom atm, but it'll be much more comfortable for late-night -> unconsciousness crafting marathons in bed once ARR goes live. That'll teach the wife to ignore me...
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Coris Teijan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Thank you, Hvinire!
    Good to know I didn't give in any wrong info with my amateurish translations @.@ /phew
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    Mine too. They removed the backwards compatibility through a mandatory software upgrade (which you would have to do to play ARR). I haven't heard anything about those models not working with FFXIV though... I'd be interested to know where you heard that, before I scream very loudly.
    No idea where I've heard it, I think it was speculation on one of the forums due to the backwards compatibility thing. Maybe someone here knows something?

Maybe I'll dust the thing off. I have excellent wi-fi (though my computers are hardwired) so if it's automatically connective, that should work, and I'd get that mandatory software update. Wonder how I get into my PSN if I made one....

Since the PC CE won't work, I could just change my order to PS3 CE; that should cover my pre-order bonuses. Worst comes to worst, I can always get the stupid digital upgrade later if I can't do anything on the PS3. At least I won't have a COMPLETELY useless PC CE. The PS3 one has ... potential. o.O
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Mjoll~

PS: My PS3 is 80gig one. Yours? Trying to dig out the box now and see if I can find out model# lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    C'desh Lios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    You will receive the pre-order items, but the registration code for the Windows collector's edition cannot be used with a pre-existing Windows service account. To receive the in game items for the collector's edition, please use the digital upgrade.
    I know it isn't your fault Hvinire, but seriously, does a fucking monkey decide this stuff for you guys? It just baffles me how SE can just continue to try to ream it's fans at every turn. Not everyone wants to have to buy a PS3 CE just to link it to their fucking windows account, it's just horrible planning to make it work this way. Fire that monkey and at least hire one with a tuxedo and a basic understanding of empathy for your customers so we don't get hosed every time please.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    FFXIV:ARR includes 30 free days of playtime with purchase for new accounts. However, even though players who own FFXIV Version 1.0 will receive FFXIV:ARR for free, this does not include the 30 free days of play.
    Wait wait wait. Does this means that 1.0 owner will have to start paying the monthly fee immediately?

This is a *large* 180 from what was announced previously (for instance here), that clearly stated that there'd be a free trial for PC users before they'd have to pay the monthly fee.

Care to clarify?
    (3)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

If I am a 1.0 holder and I preorder ARR for the preorder bonus and apply them to an existing account will I not get the 30 days free?
    (0)

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast