Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Legacy is still paying a reduced sub fee as shown here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...gn.html#legacy

They won't advertise Legacy price thought to newcomers on the product overview page because then there will be a bunch of new players asking how to get legacy and that ship has saaailed my friend, saaaaiiiiled.

I also told you that in my last post
    I lol'd!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    I lol'd!
    Haha! Glad I could make you laugh Jilly!
    Have a wonderful day!
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Kule Ito
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 75
    Sorry if this question has been asked previously but if I buy the collectors edition can i register the pre order/ collectors items with my old 'normal' account and then use the new copy of the game to make a new account and get the first free month?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kule View Post
    Sorry if this question has been asked previously but if I buy the collectors edition can i register the pre order/ collectors items with my old 'normal' account and then use the new copy of the game to make a new account and get the first free month?
    Yep, though the new acct won't get any of the bonus items.
    (0)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kule View Post
    They haven't confirmed that we can use the CE codes to 'upgrade' our 1.0 normal account to CE account. In fact, according to this post:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post995972

a german rep said that it's not possible to use CE (ARR) codes to upgrade a 1.0 normal account, and we would have to use the service center to buy the CE (ARR) items for $20. They've stated that pre-order codes can be used with any accounts, but the specific scenario for 1.0 normal accounts to CE ARR hasn't been addressed officialy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaizlu; 05-28-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aki Matsuda
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 71
    I'll post this here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    For UK players, ShopTo.net has both Standard and Collector's Edition available for pre-order for PC and PS3 platforms:

Collector's Edition:
    PC version
    PS3 version

Standard Edition:
    PC version
    PS3 version

The situation looks like this (to me at least, please correct me if I'm wrong):

My account is currently a Standard non-legacy 1.0 account
    * You don't need to buy anything to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn when it is released on 27th August.

Will I get early access?
    Yes. You will be able to play in beta phase 4 using your 1.0 character, which will be before release on 27th August.

Will I get the FFXIV:ARR pre-order bonuses?
    No. Pre-order bonuses will only be available to players who pre-order either the Standard or Collector's Edition of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Will I get the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition in-game items?
    No. Once FFXIV:ARR service starts, you will be able to purchase a 'Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade' that will upgrade your Standard 1.0 account to a FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition account, and then you will receive the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition in-game items via Moogle mail to all your existing characters and any new characters you make..

I want the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition physical bonus items too!
    You must purchase a physical Collector's Edition version on PC or PS3 to get the FFXIV:ARR CE physical bonus items. Doing this will also give you access to the pre-order in-game items.

- Buying the PC FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition will not give you access to the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition in-game items. Purchasing the 'Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade' will also be required to gain access to the Collector's Edition in-game items.

- Alternatively, buying the PS3 FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition and registering it to your existing account will give you access to the Collector's Edition items without the purchase of the 'Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade' as well as being able to play your characters on PS3.

My account is currently a Standard legacy 1.0 account
    * You don't need to buy anything to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn when it is released on 27th August.

Will I get early access?
    Yes. As a legacy account holder, you will have had access to FFXIV:ARR since beta phase 1, and will continue to get early access to the game.

No. Pre-order bonuses will only be available to players who pre-order either the Standard or Collector's Edition of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

No. Once FFXIV:ARR service starts, you will be able to purchase a 'Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade' that will upgrade your Standard 1.0 account to a FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition account, and then you will receive the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition in-game items via Moogle mail to all your existing characters and any new characters you make..

You must purchase a physical Collector's Edition version on PC or PS3 to get the FFXIV:ARR CE physical bonus items. Doing this will also give you access to the pre-order in-game items.

- Buying the PC FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition will not give you access to the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition in-game items. Purchasing the 'Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade' will also be required to gain access to the Collector's Edition in-game items.

- Alternatively, buying the PS3 FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition and registering it to your existing account will give you access to the Collector's Edition items without the purchase of the 'Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade' as well as being able to play your characters on PS3.

My account is currently a Collector's Edition non-legacy 1.0 account

Will I get early access?
    Yes. You will be able to play in beta phase 4 using your 1.0 character, which will be before release on 27th August.

Yes. Once FFXIV:ARR service starts you will receive the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition in-game items via Moogle mail to all your existing characters and any new characters you make..

- Tip: Since your current account will be upgraded to be a PC FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition account, buying the PS3 FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition would give you the physical bonus items as well as the ability to play your character on the PS3 version.

My account is currently a Collector's Edition legacy 1.0 account

Will I get early access?
    Yes. As a legacy account holder, you will have had access to FFXIV:ARR since beta phase 1, and will continue to get early access to the game.

Yes. Once FFXIV:ARR service starts you will receive the FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition in-game items via Moogle mail to all your existing characters and any new characters you make.

- Tip: Since your current account will be upgraded to be a PC FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition account, buying the PS3 FFXIV:ARR Collector's Edition would give you the physical bonus items as well as the ability to play your character on the PS3 version.

As I said, this is just how it seems to be for me, so please correct me if I'm wrong and don't take this as a definite answer.
    (4)
    Last edited by Aki; 05-29-2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Updated to reflect new information regarding upgrades to CE from a 1.0 Standard account.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    My account is currently a Standard non-legacy 1.0 account

Will I get early access?
    It is my understanding that Early Access is a Legacy and Pre-Order Bonus only.

Beta(Phase 4 or otherwise) does not equal Early Access.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    It is my understanding that Early Access is a Legacy and Pre-Order Bonus only.

Beta(Phase 4 or otherwise) does not equal Early Access.
    Will if they end up saving w/e you do in beta4 it's pretty much become early access but i don't see them doing it anymore.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Aki Matsuda
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 71
    It seems a bit confusing what exactly "early access" means as a benefit to any players of FFXIV:ARR.

For new players who are pre-ordering the Standard or Collector's Edition and Legacy Campaign account holders, "early access" has been granted to you as a benefit.

However, what exactly "early access" means is hard to clarify.

For most people, I imagine "early access" would mean a period of time before the release of the game where whatever character progress is made during that time, will continue seamlessly into the official release of the game.

From the information that has been presented to us so far, it would seem that beta phase 4 would come under this definition.

YoshiP released the beta roadmap on the Lodestone which states that Beta phase 4 will be an Open Beta phase, with the NDA partially lifted. The duration is planned to be 1-2 weeks, and all character data from this phase is planned to move over to the official release. The roadmap graph doesn't show any debug phase like the previous phases had, and has instead been updated to just show the official release on 27th August as the phase immediately following beta phase 4. This would suggest that all players, even new players who didn't play 1.0 will be able to play in this phase.

Legacy account holders were guaranteed access to the beta phases from beta phase 1. Some may count that as "early access", while some others may not.

To 1.0 players that don't have a legacy account, you should keep in mind that although it doesn't fit into the definition of "early access" above, you will actually gain access to beta phase 3. In the roadmap, YoshiP states that "All FFXIV service account holders qualify as testers in phase 3". This phase will also allow you to play using your 1.0 character data, however any progression during this phase will be deleted at the start of phase 4, hence why phase 3 wouldn't fall under the definition of "early access" above.

You can find all these details on the Lodestone's beta roadmap, which seeing as the official release date has been added, I would presume that the information inside the document is up-to-date. (Checking the PDF's document properties shows that the document was last modified on 23rd May 2013 by YoshiP himself)

Although I can't say anything officially, to me personally, it would seem that anyone granted "early access" as a benefit now won't be receiving any extra benefit that isn't available to anyone who wishes to play the game, regardless of whether they have a FFXIV service account already or not.

It would probably be good to hear what Square-Enix's definition of "early access" is to really understand if it's even an extra benefit at all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aki; 05-28-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    For 180 day sub, you'll pay $12.99 / 7.99GBP / 10.99 EUR every 30 days for a total of 180 days (6 payments). the total cost will be - $77.94 / 47.94 GBP or 65.94 EUR
    Small correction: unless the billing scheme has changed from how it was in 1.0, multi-month subscriptions are a single fee paid in full up front. A 180-day subscription will cost you $77.94 / 47.94 GBP or 65.94 EUR at the time of purchase, averaging the monthly rate shown in the chart. Continuing on this plan would have you paying out about twice per year. The whole point of bulk rate subscriptions is that a company gets more guaranteed money up front in exchange for a discounted rate on the service.
    (0)

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast