Player
    Character
    Bailee Sancta
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    Looking for them to list the physical CE for PC (NA).
    Supposedly there was a press release to media outlets saying the pc CE physical edition is only available on SE site, this person says; Fusionx: The press release sent to media outlets-
    Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector's Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99. PC specs for final product may change; please refer to the preorder website for details.
    (But who knows without a doubt that's valid without a URL linking the source from that info, I wouldn't think that to be true, but as far as I know amazon doesn't have a physical pc CE no matter what I type in the search engine, just digital)
    (0)
    Last edited by Sancta; 05-24-2013 at 07:30 AM.

2. 05-24-2013 07:27 AM
    Reason
    Poor skimming skills!

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    @Sancta

Saw that. Wish they'd tell us that directly somewhere on all this info released today.

Boo!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsherman View Post
    I already have two FFXIV Service Accounts on one SE account at this time. They are both qualified as Legacy.

The information I have seen already makes it abundantly clear that I will not be able to play both of those service accounts at the same time with both of them logged in via a Playstation 3 version. This is because the PSN account will be linked to the SE account instead of the FFXIV service account, and only one login will be allowed at a time for a given PSN account.

What is not made quite so clear is how a registration code from a Playstation 3 version will be applied. Will it be applied to an entire SE account? Or just a single FFXIV Service account within that SE account?

If it is applied to just a first FFXIV Service account (and not the entire SE account), will there be a way to make it possible for the second FFXIV Service account to be usable from a Playstation 3 even though it can not be done at the same time as the first FFXIV Service account?

I would like to be able to choose which one I login to from the Playstation 3 (while the other Service account is logged in via a Windows PC). So they both need to be qualified to play on Playstation 3 in spite of the fact I can only play one of them at a time from a Playstation 3.
    I think you're screwed having both Legacy characters on the same SE Account. If you had one of them on a separate account you'd be able to attach the other PS3 code to it. I don't believe you were able to log into two characters on the same account before anyway, so basically you're asking them to let you do that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancta View Post
    Supposedly there was a press release to media outlets saying the pc CE physical edition is only available on SE site, this person says; Fusionx: The press release sent to media outlets-
    Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector's Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99. PC specs for final product may change; please refer to the preorder website for details.
    (But who knows without a doubt that's valid without a URL linking the source from that info, I wouldn't think that to be true, but as far as I know amazon doesn't have a physical pc CE no matter what I type in the search engine, just digital)
    I sure would like a some type of official response on this from Camate ^^;

tl;dr ~

Will we be able to purchase/pre-order the physical copy of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (PC) (NA) at Amazon and/or other U.S. retailers, or is it exclusive to the Square Enix Online Store?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bailee Sancta
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Maybe to limit the amount of CE boxes needed to make since both the ps3 and pc have the same box, it'd cost to much to have the same box and items sold X2 to all retailers. This is why CE is CE, its limited and having to double production would be pointless; unless your totally a new buyer and only want PC CE physical edition, you'd haveta buy directly from them exclusively.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sancta; 05-24-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Silverknight Valefor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    will the collectors editions be available for retailers? im assuming so but not quite sure since it was just announced today. I called gamestop to ask if there were gonna sell the ps3 collectors edition. Though they said they wont know till it's either updated into there system by Saturday or Monday. So for people going to that retailer be better to call in before you just head in there to be disappointed.

PS: though they did say the could make a note if you preorder the regular version an CE is given to em an you call an ask em to switch it to it though you gotta go in an pay alil more to do that i suppose. just giving a heads up from my end
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    I have an important question. I pre-ordered the game and got the following information after making the purchase:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package

Save file Final_Fantasy_XIV_Early_Access_Instructions.pdf to your Desktop. After saving, run the file to install your new software.
    Serial Number: Not Gonna Show That
    Electronic Download
    Instructions to sign up for early access to the game:

Visit [Not sure I'm allowed to show that link] and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content.

You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance, please go here: http://na.square-enix.com/members.
    My question relates to the "After saving, run the file to install your new software" portion of the quote above. The only thing that comes up when I hit "begin download" is a pdf file explaining how to register for my pre-order bonuses. There is nothing to install. This makes sense as the game has not yet been released, but even so... I'm not missing anything here am I?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dsherman Siren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    I think you're screwed having both Legacy characters on the same SE Account. If you had one of them on a separate account you'd be able to attach the other PS3 code to it. I don't believe you were able to log into two characters on the same account before anyway, so basically you're asking them to let you do that.
    I know it is possible using the PC version to log on at the same time to two different characters on two different FFXIV Service accounts even though both Service accounts are on the same SE account. I believe it has always been possible to do this. The restriction of login to only one character per SE account is only on the Playstation 3 version (and again, that is caused by the limits on linkage and use of the PSN account).

The question here is whether there will be a way to pick any one character from any FFXIV Service account that may be on that SE account? Edit: And now I have found my answer.

An additional registration will be required to do this. It CAN NOT be a registration code from a second purchased copy of FFXIV: ARR for Playstation 3. It will instead come from a service web site that will be opened at launch time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dsherman; 05-29-2013 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Found the answer

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't understand why, with an actual Admin Sticky Thread (which I haven't seen in, like, forever) about ARR Purchase, people keep making new threads and posting in old threads where posts could/should just be made here. orz
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darth Haruko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Will current active account holders be able to download the digital copy official release client early?
    (1)
    I am seriously going to beat you until battle tanks pull us apart.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast