Player
    Character
    Kiara Silvermoon
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    If you want early access, you'll either have to be Legacy status, OR have pre-ordered the collector's edition.

You don't need to repurchase the game again to get early access though, there will be a free client download for anyone who played 1.0 on PC.

I hope this clears it up for you!
    Thanks Nix.

OK, so it looks like the only thing a 1.0 Player with Collector's Edition *and* Legacy Status has to worry about is if they want any of the NEW Pre-Order Bonuses or NEW Collector's Edition Bonus Items, correct?

Sigh. Hm...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drakel Drakonus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
    Thanks Nix.

OK, so it looks like the only thing a 1.0 Player with Collector's Edition *and* Legacy Status has to worry about is if they want any of the NEW Pre-Order Bonuses or NEW Collector's Edition Bonus Items, correct?

Sigh. Hm...

well the 1.0 CE people get the digital bonus items right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    If you want early access, you'll either have to be Legacy status, OR have pre-ordered the collector's edition.

You don't need to repurchase the game again to get early access though, there will be a free client download for anyone who played 1.0 on PC.

I hope this clears it up for you!
    Legacy status OR pre-ordering *anything* (not necessarily a CE) gives you early access (my understanding).

I think your second sentence is confusing, Nix ^^; If you are a 1.0 Non-Legacy owner, I don't think you automatically qualify for early access. You do automatically get to DL the game for free though. In order to just play (not early), a 1.0 owner will have to pay nothing at all for the game (other than subscription.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lodestone
    Players Who Own FFXIV Version 1.0
    Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.
    * Details on downloading the FFXIV: ARR software will be provided at a later date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mural View Post
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lodestone
    Players Who Own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition
    Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cindrie Estelloix
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mural View Post
    Yes they do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drakel Drakonus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cendres View Post
    Yes they do.
    ok i just wanted to make sure lol i am a 1.0 CE i cant wait
    (0)

We continue to examine your concerns and questions in preparation for the launch of FFXIV:ARR. Here are a few more efforts to clarify the process:

I see a lot of people mentioning "Square Enix accounts" and "service accounts," but are these the same thing?
    Square Enix accounts and service accounts are two separate account types. Service accounts refer to the various game services a user registers to play. When you register FINAL FANTASY XIV to your Square Enix account, it will create a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account within your Square Enix account.

Let's say I want to set up two accounts to play on the PC and PS3 at the same time. I need two separate Square Enix accounts to do that. Also, I was planning to use the early access code from the PS3 version I pre-ordered on the Windows account. Does this mean I shouldn't bother trying to setup separate accounts for Windows and PS3.
    If you'd like to play on the PC and PS3 separately, you only need 1 Square Enix account to do so.

However, you will need an additional copy of the Windows version to register a pre-order code for characters used on your Windows account. (The pre-order code for the PS3 version cannot be used on the Windows version)

If you only intend to purchase the PS3 version, then we suggest the following:
    Service Account 1. Your original Windows service account.
    Service Account 2. A service account using your newly purchased PS3 version (together with the pre-order code)
    Using two service accounts as shown above, you will be able to play on both versions at the same time. However, in order to use your pre-order code on the Windows version, it would be necessary to link the PS3 version to the Windows version. In doing so, you would not be able to play on two accounts at the same time.

Let's say I played Version 1.0, and I'd like to use my character on both the PC and PS3. Can I still set up my account to work on PS3 if I lost my registration code from Version 1.0?
    Yes, you'll have no trouble registering for the PS3. Users will not be asked for their registration code when using an account from Version 1.0. When registering for the PS3, linking to your current service account will allow 1.0 characters to play on both the PC and PS3.

You can only have one service account per PS3, but will I be able to use a different Square Enix ID when logging in?
    For example, I own the PC and PS3 version and a friend comes over to play (he also has an account). Would I be able to play on my PC while my friend logs into his account on my PS3? Will only my Square Enix ID work on the PS3 once the account is linked?
    A registration code for the PS3 version must be registered to a service account in order to log on the PS3. Anyone can sign into their PS3 account on any PS3 as long as they have a service account created or linked with a PS3 registration code. They likewise have to sign in using their own Sony Network Account linked to their own Square Enix ID.

Will the early access dates be announced by the end of July?
    We can't give a specific date at the moment, but we're working as quickly as possible to settle on a time-frame for early access.

Let's say I participated in the Version 1.0 beta and bought the 1.0 collector's edition for my account. However, when my character was transferred from beta to official release, there was some trouble with the process and my account was suspended, so I had to re-register my code. I also used my collector's item code on that first account, but I wasn't allowed to re-register it. Will it still be possible to receive the new collector's edition items? Or will I have to upgrade to the collector's edition?
    We cannot give a definitive answer without examining the account in question, but it's possible that you will automatically receive the items, or require a separate procedure as was necessary when first registering your account. Please contact Square Enix Customer Support during the launch period to resolve these types of concerns.

How do I go about getting the digital upgrade for the collector's edition?
    We are preparing a system to allow users to purchase the digital upgrade from the account management site. An official announcement will be made when this system is ready.

Let's say I purchased the the collector's edition for Version 1.0 and also have Legacy status. If I purchase the standard PS3 version and register it to my account, does the 30 day trial apply to my account, or would I have to make a new account.
    The 30 day trial will apply to your account.

Let's say I purchased the collector's edition for Version 1.0.
    1. If I buy the PS3 collector's edition and make a new account, will I be able to play my PS3 characters on the PC?
    2. Will both my PC and PS3 characters get the collector's edition items?
    1. If you create a new service account for the PS3 version, you will not be able to log into your 1.0 characters on the PS3. In order to do so, the PS3 and PC versions must be linked together on one account.
    2. Yes, both characters will have the collector's edition items.

If I buy the FFXIV:ARR PC collector's edition and the PS3 standard edition and do not make a separate account, but have separate characters, can I log in on the PC and PS3 at the same time?
    Unfortunately that won't be possible. Characters on the same service account cannot be logged in simultaneously on different clients.

For the PS3 pre-order code and product registration, does the PlayStation Store have to be accessed through a PS3 to register?
    Yes, registration can only be done using a PS3.

Characters being transferred from Version 1.0 will get to make their characters over one time, will that be during early access or Beta Phase 4?
    This is scheduled for phase 4.
    (16)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post

Characters being transferred from Version 1.0 will get to make their characters over one time, will that be during early access or Beta Phase 4?
    This is scheduled for phase 4.
    This is huge information. I assume this also applies to the re-naming of the character? Is Phase 4 also the time when our final server destination is determined (whatever world our 1.0 character is on for Phase 4, they are stuck there?)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Hrmph. lol Mine didn't get answered!

I'm a paraphrase my earlier questions for clarity.

1) Does a brand new player who buys the PS3 and the PC version and registers them to the same FFXIV Service Account gain 60 days of access without subscription, rather than the 30?

2) Is the purchase of the basic edition the only 'system unlock' that is required, or will we have to buy both PC and PS3 editions for each expansion if we wish to continue playing on both systems?

I have two friends waiting to make a a decision on pre-ordering some CEs based on the answers to #1...
    (4)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I really really like your Q2, Mjoll.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    I really really like your Q2, Mjoll.
    Yeah? Shame you're already taken.

Pschow!
    (1)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast