Player
    Character
    C'desh Lios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuharu View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa what. So if I pre-order the PC version, I -cannot- use the pre-order bonus codes for in-game items on my EXISITING Legacy account? Therefore, I either

A) Start over from scratch and lose my character, whom I leveled tediously during 1.0 just to have in-game bonus items...
    B) Buy the PS3 version of the game, which is placed at a higher retail price, and register THAT onto my Square-Enix account, then MAINTAIN the monthly fee on it in order to keep said bonuses (meaning I pay for both my PC account and my PS3 account that I would not even be playing on...)
    c) Buy BOTH a Collector's Edition and a Digital Upgrade just because I obviously love throwing money around.
    OR
    D) Screw this, I'll just curse out anyone I see with the vanity in-game items because I was unable to obtain them for my original character despite buying the collector's edition.

Unless I'm mistaken on some part. In which case, I apologize. But if I'm understanding this correctly, the only way to get the bonus items from the Collector's Edition AND In-game items for my CURRENT character, I have to go with option C.
    That is correct, if you buy PC CE you will not get the 4 CE in game bonus items without buying the CE Upgrade as well. So PC CE $ + CE Upgrade $ for what should be included in just buying the CE in the first place.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dgsoil; 05-29-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mata Reiver
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 82
    This has probably been answered previously... but in all honesty I'm slightly confused. So:

1) I'm a Legacy Member, that bought the 1.0 Collector's edition. As such I'll get all the collector's edition digital items(Coeurl, Behemoth, Helm, Minion) on my current "service account" that has my Main Character on it? And I'll have early access?

2) I want to be able to play my original character on the PS3. I also want the Collector's physical items and pre-order items.
    I can pre-order the Collector's Edition PS3 version and register that to my Legacy Account and play my "service account" on my PS3? I won't be able to play PS3 while I play on the PC? But my main Character will have the Collector's Items and pre-order items and be able to be played on either system? So long as they are registered to the same service account?

3) I can get the free normal download for PC ARR version.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gukster; 05-29-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mizu Haru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gukster View Post
    This has probably been answered previously... but in all honesty I'm slightly confused. So:

1) I'm a Legacy Member, that bought the 1.0 Collector's edition. As such I'll get all the collector's edition digital items(Coeurl, Behemoth, Helm, Minion) on my current "service account" that has my Main Character on it? And I'll have early access?

2) I want to be able to play my original character on the PS3. I also want the Collector's physical items and pre-order items.
    I can pre-order the Collector's Edition PS3 version and register that to my Legacy Account and play my "service account" on my PS3? I won't be able to play PS3 while I play on the PC? But my main Character will have the Collector's Items and pre-order items and be able to be played on either system? So long as they are registered to the same service account?

1) Only thing you do not get is early access if I understood the post right.
    2) You cannot play on PS3 and PC at the same time (assuming you're trying to use the same Square-Enix ID.) And if you want to have the in-game items, then you have to register the PS3 account under the same Square-Enix account with your PC account. (I'm -assuming- you can use your PC character on your PS3... I don't know.)
    3) Yes.

I guess that if you activate the PS3 code, log in on your PC, then grab your bonus items... You can just deactivate the PS3 ID on your Square-Enix ID. And with the free trial stuff, wouldn't cost you the 12.99 to activate the account. Nor would you have to pay 70 dollars for the CE then 20 for the digital upgrade... >_> And seeing as the PS3 CE can be pre-ordered from GameStop, I'll just chip some money their way and save myself shipping and handling...

Unless this suddenly because a ban-able offense. <.<
    (1)
    Last edited by Mizuharu; 05-29-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Because shut up.

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Pretty sure the answer to all 3 questions is "Yes!"
    (You're legacy so you get early access regardless of codes)

As for your concerns for being able to play on PS3 - Accounts are cross platform, you'll have to register your service account on the PS3 and you can only register one account on each playstation ID thinger-majog (forgot the technical term). Basically, link your 1.0 account to your PS3.
    You can play your account on both PS3 and PC but just not simultanously. Kinda like in XI where you could log in from your xbox or your playstation or even PC but just not at the same time♪
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Mata Reiver
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Pretty sure the answer to all 3 questions is "Yes!"
    (You're legacy so you get early access regardless of codes)

As for your concerns for being able to play on PS3 - Accounts are cross platform, you'll have to register your service account on the PS3 and you can only register one account on each playstation ID thinger-majog (forgot the technical term). Basically, link your 1.0 account to your PS3.
    You can play your account on both PS3 and PC but just not simultanously. Kinda like in XI where you could log in from your xbox or your playstation or even PC but just not at the same time♪
    Thank ya' very much! So the biggest concern is to make sure I register the codes correctly and on the same service account as my original to make sure it's all on a single service account. Appreciate the hasty response!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuharu View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa what. So if I pre-order the PC version, I -cannot- use the pre-order bonus codes for in-game items on my EXISITING Legacy account?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    The collector's edition bonus items are included in the product code, so any registration of the product code to a specific service account would include all the bonus items solely to that service account. Pre-order bonus item codes however are separate and can be registered to any service account.

characterlimit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thank ya' very much! So the biggest concern is to make sure I register the codes correctly and on the same service account as my original to make sure it's all on a single service account. Appreciate the hasty response!
    No problem pumpkin, always glad to help!
    (0)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Nadrojj Rolyatt
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I'm a bit annoyed with this news.

I like many others rushed to pre-order a CE of the game, hoping I could just use the bonus on my existing 1.0 legacy standard account. Today I learn that the CE items are actually contained in the new key they sent me via email, thus eliminating the possibility to add said items to my account.

I want the pre-order bonus, the hat and the minion, and I want the CE items. I know I can cancel my Digital CE, but then I miss out on the pre-order bonus items. Or I can keep the Digital CE that I have so that I receive the pre-order bonus, and then do a CE upgrade when it become available. Thus making the two pre-order items cost 49.99.........

WTF SE? Why can't you just make this easy for us? Different item codes for each item, then your reg key. I had planned on keeping the reg key and giving it to a buddy who would be interested. So by doing it this way you just missed out on an extra sub. What logic is this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Emstidor View Post
    So I just want to confirm something with the recent clarification. I currently own a PC FFXIV account, and my GF owns one as well. There is no overlap between our accounts, they're each tied to their own SE account.

If I'd like to buy ARR for the PS3 and make it so that either of us can play while the other games on PC, I realize we will each need individual local Playstation 3 accounts (on the machine), as well as individual Playstation Network IDs tied to those accounts. The question is, in this scenario will I need one PS3 copy of ARR or two? I previously assumed two, and preordered such, but:

It looks like you can only have one Square Enix Account per PS3, but will it be able to use a different ID when logging in? For example, if I own the PC and PS3 version and a friend comes over to play (he also has an account). Would I be able to play on my PC while my friend logs in on my PS3? Or will only my ID work on the PS3 once the account is linked?

When you link your Square Enix account to the PS3, you're actually linking it to a Sony Entertainment Network account. As long as your friend logs in with a different Sony Entertainment Network account first, there should be no problem.

makes me not sure.
    I wanted to link you this page to answer your questions about multiple-PS3 users/accounts.

http://support.jp.square-enix.com/fa...3&id=5382&la=1

Important information for those who have pre-ordered the Playstation 3 version.

■Unfortunately, you can only register a single product code (a code that comes with every copy of the PlayStation 3 version) to a Square Enix account. Please do not purchase more than one copy if you are planning to register them under the same Square Enix account.

The only way for you to create multiple service accounts with the PlayStation 3 version is to purchase additional registration codes through the “FFXIV Service Center” website which will be available after launch. Please note that you will need an active FINAL FANTASY XIV service account in order to access this website.

■Friends and family members playing alternatively with multiple Square Enix accounts:
    If multiple people wish to play alternatively on the same console, you will need to prepare a user profile for every person. Once the user profiles are prepared, you can simply switch the user profile accordingly.

Please be sure everyone has the following items ready.
    - A Square Enix account
    - A Sony Entertainment Network account
    - A copy of the PlayStation 3 version

■Friends and family members playing simultaneously with multiple Square Enix accounts:
    In this situation, each person will need a PlayStation 3 console.

*Please note that account sharing is a violation of the terms of service. This rule applies to the sharing of Square Enix accounts and Sony Entertainment Network accounts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Thought I had posted this here...

It really shouldn't have happened like this, but I'm glad we found out as quickly as we did.

Today I dusted off my PS3, plugged it into my router, updated it and made my very first PSN account! Even set up Netflix and Amazon Video on it and moved the Roku to the living room!

I cancelled my previously placed pre-order with SE/Digital River for the PC CE and happily ordered my PS3 CE from Amazon.

My only "regret" in all this is that I won't have a physical copy of the PC edition. PS3 will only be a "back up" for me, I don't expect to use it much, hopefully not much at all.

What sucks is for the people who don't happen to have a PS3 laying around. Because for them you can't just say "pre-order the PS3 CE". Not going to do them a lot of good. This definitely should have been done differently.
    (3)

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast