Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgsoil View Post
    I know it isn't your fault Hvinire, but seriously, does a fucking monkey decide this stuff for you guys? It just baffles me how SE can just continue to try to ream it's fans at every turn. Not everyone wants to have to buy a PS3 CE just to link it to their fucking windows account, it's just horrible planning to make it work this way. Fire that monkey and at least hire one with a tuxedo and a basic understanding of empathy for your customers so we don't get hosed every time please.
    I'm seriously pissed right now, I knew it was weird that this specific scenario wasn't addressed before but damn it it's so stupid. I would gladly give up any codes from the PC CE of ARR to get the digital items on my existing legacy account but oh noes SE has to mess up SOMETHING.

Great, so if I don't have a PS3 but want the physical items + digital ones from the CE I have to pay $100. Can't be SE without making a big mistake.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Luaq Otwelft
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 44
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    No idea where I've heard it, I think it was speculation on one of the forums due to the backwards compatibility thing. Maybe someone here knows something?

Maybe I'll dust the thing off. I have excellent wi-fi (though my computers are hardwired) so if it's automatically connective, that should work, and I'd get that mandatory software update. Wonder how I get into my PSN if I made one....

Since the PC CE won't work, I could just change my order to PS3 CE; that should cover my pre-order bonuses. Worst comes to worst, I can always get the stupid digital upgrade later if I can't do anything on the PS3. At least I won't have a COMPLETELY useless PC CE. The PS3 one has ... potential. o.O
    Can Square Enix actually have a look on this matter? It's somewhat pretty important as to which version to buy...I Hav ethe stantard 1.0 and though of getting arr on ps3 ARR CE, but won't do that if my ps3 doesn't work with it, and please enlight me ASAP on this matter because I want to pre-order and make a move to get the goodies for pre-ordering, the limited ones I speak of...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    I know it isn't your fault Hvinire, but seriously, does a fucking monkey decide this stuff for you guys? It just baffles me how SE can just continue to try to ream it's fans at every turn. Not everyone wants to have to buy a PS3 CE just to link it to their fucking windows account, it's just horrible planning to make it work this way. Fire that monkey and at least hire one with a tuxedo and a basic understanding of empathy for your customers so we don't get hosed every time please.
    I am sorry but I do not understand your complaint. I am going to assume that you did not purchase the CE for ver 1.0. If that is the case then purchase the digital upgrade as Hvinire recommends and receive digital items for your existing account. Then pre order the standard PS3 edition and link it to your current account if you do not want the physical items. The digital items will be available on either the PC or PS3. If you are looking for the physical items then do what I did. Order the PS3 CE and link it to your current account. In this case you will get the PC version for free, provided you have a ver 1.0 game registered, and only pay for the PS3. Again the digital Items will be available for both versions. You were going to have to buy the PS3 version anyways like all of us. How you do it depends on how much you want and how much you are willing to pay. In either case SE is not trying to rip us off. The pricing for the digital upgrade for the PC is just the difference between the cost of the old standard version and the CE. SE did not have to offer it to us.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
    I am sorry but I do not understand your complaint. I am going to assume that you did not purchase the CE for ver 1.0. If that is the case then purchase the digital upgrade as Hvinire recommends and receive digital items for your existing account. Then pre order the standard PS3 edition and link it to your current account if you do not want the physical items. The digital items will be available on either the PC or PS3. If you are looking for the physical items then do what I did. Order the PS3 CE and link it to your current account. In this case you will get the PC version for free, provided you have a ver 1.0 game registered, and only pay for the PS3. Again the digital Items will be available for both versions. You were going to have to buy the PS3 version anyways like all of us. How you do it depends on how much you want and how much you are willing to pay. In either case SE is not trying to rip us off. The pricing for the digital upgrade for the PC is just the difference between the cost of the old standard version and the CE. SE did not have to offer it to us.
    Because someone who has a 1.0 (normal) account but doesn't have a PS3 will have to make a double purchase (CE + digital upgrade) compared to 1.0 CE or PS3 users. I'm sure most of us would be glad to trade-in all of the codes that come with the new CE for the digital upgrade + pre-order bonuses.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    C'desh Lios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    Did not say SE is ripping us off. I said they are making us jump through unnecessary hurdles for something that is very simple. Some people, myself included, have no interest whatsoever in buying a PS3 copy of the game just to get bonuses, but I was willing to buy the PC CE.

Yes I can just get the digital upgrade, and yes I can just pre-order the PC edition for pre-order bonuses (unless they somehow screw that up for already existing accounts not being able to tie pre-order bonuses too), and yes I could just buy a PS3 CE and get them all. Or they could have simplified it, let me (and countless others who don't keep up with the news and are going to buy PC CE and then throw a shitstorm of rage SE's way when the game launches cause they can't connect it to their account for the items) just use the PC CE edition registration code to activate the digital "upgrade" for said accounts somehow.

It's not about the price, it's not about the items, it's just wondering why SE has decided on a completely pointless hurdle jumping run for customers it should just be happy to get at this point. They really should be doing everything they can to ease and simplify things on the customer support side, not make it worse.

And as for having to buy the PS3 version like all of us part, no, I will not. It is not a requirement to own a PS3 version of this game to play it, and I have already found my loophole into how I will sort this all out on my side. Though I won't be publicly displaying said method so as not to somehow screw myself, I will get my PC CE Edition and I will get everything without the need to ever touch a PS3 or having to lose an extra $20. The point was, it's just a plain stupid decision on SE's part. I was already going to re-buy a game I already own just to help support them, I could have just done without the unnecessary extra steps. When it comes down to it, smart businesses make things easier for their customers as much as possible because the average person isn't quite as intelligent as they think they are (myself included I am sure.)
    (4)
    Last edited by Dgsoil; 05-29-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Addition

Player
    Character
    Emstidor Diabolos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 71
    So I just want to confirm something with the recent clarification. I currently own a PC FFXIV account, and my GF owns one as well. There is no overlap between our accounts, they're each tied to their own SE account.

If I'd like to buy ARR for the PS3 and make it so that either of us can play while the other games on PC, I realize we will each need individual local Playstation 3 accounts (on the machine), as well as individual Playstation Network IDs tied to those accounts. The question is, in this scenario will I need one PS3 copy of ARR or two? I previously assumed two, and preordered such, but:

It looks like you can only have one Square Enix Account per PS3, but will it be able to use a different ID when logging in? For example, if I own the PC and PS3 version and a friend comes over to play (he also has an account). Would I be able to play on my PC while my friend logs in on my PS3? Or will only my ID work on the PS3 once the account is linked?

When you link your Square Enix account to the PS3, you're actually linking it to a Sony Entertainment Network account. As long as your friend logs in with a different Sony Entertainment Network account first, there should be no problem.

makes me not sure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizlu View Post
    Because someone who has a 1.0 (normal) account but doesn't have a PS3 will have to make a double purchase (CE + digital upgrade) compared to 1.0 CE or PS3 users. I'm sure most of us would be glad to trade-in all of the codes that come with the new CE for the digital upgrade + pre-order bonuses.
    I see. What you are concerned about is missing out on the on the Moogle hat and the pet plus early access. All the other digital items are included with the digital upgrade. As I am sure uou are aware you were never going to get the physical items without ordering the new CE. The early access is a big thing, for 7 days, between Open Beta and the official launch. That is a decision SE made unaware of how vital those 7 days are. I am sure that they are not trying to rip us off though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Did not say SE is ripping us off. I said they are making us jump through unnecessary hurdles for something that is very simple. Some people, myself included, have no interest whatsoever in buying a PS3 copy of the game just to get bonuses, but I was willing to buy the PC CE.

Yes I can just get the digital upgrade, and yes I can just pre-order the PC edition for pre-order bonuses (unless they somehow screw that up for already existing accounts not being able to tie pre-order bonuses too), and yes I could just buy a PS3 CE and get them all. Or they could have simplified it, let me (and countless others who don't keep up with the news and are going to buy PC CE and then throw a shitstorm of rage SE's way when the game launches cause they can't connect it to their account for the items) just use the PC CE edition registration code to activate the digital "upgrade" for said accounts somehow.

It's not about the price, it's not about the items, it's just wondering why SE has decided on a completely pointless hurdle jumping run for customers it should just be happy to get at this point. They really should be doing everything they can to ease and simplify things on the customer support side, not make it worse.

And as for having to buy the PS3 version like all of us part, no, I will not. It is not a requirement to own a PS3 version of this game to play it, and I have already found my loophole into how I will sort this all out on my side. Though I won't be publicly displaying said method so as not to somehow screw myself, I will get my PC CE Edition and I will get everything without the need to ever touch a PS3 or having to lose an extra $20. The point was, it's just a plain stupid decision on SE's part. I was already going to re-buy a game I already own just to help support them, I could have just done without the unnecessary extra steps. When it comes down to it, smart businesses make things easier for their customers as much as possible because the average person isn't quite as intelligent as they think they are (myself included I am sure.)
    DGSoil I apologize if I misunderstood your problem. As I see it now you purchased the standard edition for ver 1.0. What you wanted to do is be able to get the physical items as well as the digital items for your current account for the PC only. Do I understand it properly now?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'desh Lios
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    DGSoil I apologize if I misunderstood your problem. As I see it now you purchased the standard edition for ver 1.0. What you wanted to do is be able to get the physical items as well as the digital items for your current account for the PC only. Do I understand it properly now?
    Sort of, I am going to get them, it wasn't an issue of getting them though. It's the issue of why SE has to make the process so complicated. It seems like instead of giving us all these extra steps, for example, maybe the PC CE Code could automatically activate the same upgrade to CE on your account for the items, without having to pay the extra money.

Basically I think they should re-examine the whole process behind it and decide if it is a good move or not to basically say anyone who bought 1.0 on PC should avoid spending money on the PC CE because you can't use those codes. I guarantee you, someone isn't going to have read that you can't upgrade your account with that code and then bitch at SE customer support day 1.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mizu Haru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Hello everyone!
    You will receive the pre-order items, but the registration code for the Windows collector's edition cannot be used with a pre-existing Windows service account. To receive the in game items for the collector's edition, please use the digital upgrade.

However, the PS3 version can be registered to an existing Windows account, which would allow you to receive the collector's edition items.
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa what. So if I pre-order the PC version, I -cannot- use the pre-order bonus codes for in-game items on my EXISITING Legacy account? Therefore, I either

A) Start over from scratch and lose my character, whom I leveled tediously during 1.0 just to have in-game bonus items...
    B) Buy the PS3 version of the game, which is placed at a higher retail price, and register THAT onto my Square-Enix account, then MAINTAIN the monthly fee on it in order to keep said bonuses (meaning I pay for both my PC account and my PS3 account that I would not even be playing on...)
    c) Buy BOTH a Collector's Edition and a Digital Upgrade just because I obviously love throwing money around.
    OR
    D) Screw this, I'll just curse out anyone I see with the vanity in-game items because I was unable to obtain them for my original character despite buying the collector's edition.

Unless I'm mistaken on some part. In which case, I apologize. But if I'm understanding this correctly, the only way to get the bonus items from the Collector's Edition AND In-game items for my CURRENT character, I have to go with option C.
    (0)

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast