Player
    Character
    Aldra N'yantos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

Discussion about - Anniversary of FF XIV (ARR)

Hello everyone,

since i´m checking on FF XI time by time, i saw FF XI celebrate the 11th anniversary and i was wondering something.

What anniversary would have FF XIV get this year?

Is it the 3th anniversary?

The 2nd - since FF XIV is "down" since 31. Dec. 2012 or 01. Nov. 2012 (last save).

Or is it the 0th since FF XIV is remade into FF XIV ARR.

What is everyone thinking which one it gona be or maybe should be?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    no founder's day <sniff>
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shaniston Fuerel
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    no founder's day <sniff>
    But I wanted my ridiculous amounts of GC seals! DAMN!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickzero View Post
    Or is it the 0th since FF XIV is remade into FF XIV ARR.
    I think it should be this one. No need to remind new subscribers they already missed out on the first three years (there's already plenty of Legacy bonuses, dated gear, unobtainable items and achievements to do that^^).
    (3)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I say we start at zero. I wouldn't celebrate my ex's anniversary with my new squeeze.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Akubikumo View Post
    I say we start at zero. I wouldn't celebrate my ex's anniversary with my new squeeze.
    You know how most games show you a backstory, then you start the game proper and the lore follows from that backstory?

In FFXIV, those of us who played 1.0 got to live that backstory. Personally, I think that's amazing, and regardless of the quality of the game, I don't think we should forget our roots. Not only is it really cool that our backstory was "shaped" by us, it also lets us appreciate the new a bit more. Instead of thinking of it as a "terrible" game before (even though I honestly did enjoy it), think of FFXIV 1.xx as the big thunderstorm before a bright and sunny day, where there isn't a cloud in the sky, the grass and leaves are all a brilliant emerald green, everything smells fresh and new.

So yeah, I'm going with 3rd anniversary.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    You know how most games show you a backstory, then you start the game proper and the lore follows from that backstory?

In FFXIV, those of us who played 1.0 got to live that backstory. Personally, I think that's amazing, and regardless of the quality of the game, I don't think we should forget our roots. Not only is it really cool that our backstory was "shaped" by us, it also lets us appreciate the new a bit more. Instead of thinking of it as a "terrible" game before (even though I honestly did enjoy it), think of FFXIV 1.xx as the big thunderstorm before a bright and sunny day, where there isn't a cloud in the sky, the grass and leaves are all a brilliant emerald green, everything smells fresh and new.

So yeah, I'm going with 3rd anniversary.
    meh, i never said 1.0 was terrible, in fact I feel the opposite. But its not about us anymore, its about the future. I say we start fresh and keep our fond memories for what they are, memories.
    (0)