Player
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    While you can change equipment during battle, the development team confirmed that the battle system wasn't designed to offer that as an advantage. The purpose of the Armoury Chest and gear sets are simply to facilitate changing gear and additional inventory for gear and were not created to be used as a strategy during battle.
    I really hope you just that "can" is a typo for "can't".

Otherwise, you fail to see the first rule of Gamers, "If an advantage exists, they will use it.", much like players did bypassing Garuda's Astral Flow. I think it's very evident that gearswapping during battle was never intended to be advantageous in FFXI either, but we saw how that turned out and it's pretty much required for every and anything nowadays. Best choice is to completely block off gear swapping during battle and leave the rest of us players to fend for ourselves.
    (1)

Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    Otherwise, you fail to see the first rule of Gamers, "If an advantage exists, they will use it.", much like players did bypassing Garuda's Astral Flow. I think it's very evident that gearswapping during battle was never intended to be advantageous in FFXI either, but we saw how that turned out and it's pretty much required for every and anything nowadays. Best choice is to completely block off gear swapping during battle and leave the rest of us players to fend for ourselves.
    Actually 'system not designed to grant advantage'.
    Depending on how they do it, gear-swapping could induce a complete restart of all cooldown and presumably a longer cooldown of all abilities. Which in turn would cause you to stay disabled for a fair bit in battle if you change gear mid-fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Actually 'system not designed to grant advantage'.
    Depending on how they do it, gear-swapping could induce a complete restart of all cooldown and presumably a longer cooldown of all abilities. Which in turn would cause you to stay disabled for a fair bit in battle if you change gear mid-fight.
    I was thinking what would you switch too? there only two stats for job and meld are limit to which gear can have what stats. So overall i don't see it being useful for anything but i'm sure people would find a way if there is one.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I was thinking what would you switch too? there only two stats for job and meld are limit to which gear can have what stats. So overall i don't see it being useful for anything but i'm sure people would find a way if there is one.
    There are a lot more stats than just two for the job. I'd list them, but NDA (unless they showed off a character page in the video with them all listed; it didn't register with me).
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    There are a lot more stats than just two for the job. I'd list them, but NDA (unless they showed off a character page in the video with them all listed; it didn't register with me).
    True there are more but overall i think if you switch gear maybe it reset your TP to 0 or something at least i hope there something like that.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    True there are more but overall i think if you switch gear maybe it reset your TP to 0 or something at least i hope there something like that.
    I hope and pray they just make the option to gear-swap unavailable while you have any enmity whatsoever.
    (1)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    I hope and pray they just make the option to gear-swap unavailable while you have any enmity whatsoever.
    Agree i don't want to worry about switching gear while fighting.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Goufunaki Rammstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    If we have to change our pants when a scary monster appears, there has to be a good reason for it. o_O;
    (4)

We understand your comments and so we took them back and reconfirmed with the development team and are able to clarify that you cannot change gear while in battle.

Whenever you're on an enemy's hate list (e.g. a paladin that's tanking Ifrit), you won't be able to change your gear. Hopefully that clears everything up, and we apologize for the initial confusion caused.
    (82)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand your comments and so we took them back and reconfirmed with the development team and are able to clarify that you cannot change gear while in battle.
    Whenever you're on an enemy's hate list (e.g. a paladin that's tanking Ifrit), you won't be able to change your gear. Hopefully that clears everything up, and we apologize for the initial confusion caused.
    Hallelujah!
    (27)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast