Player
    Character
    Kasu Muni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Will we ever see the waterfalls?

When I first seen the picture of the large waterfalls with the hume, elvaan and 'galka' standing with a chocobo, I always wondered if we would actually be able to visit that place in game. Even in the opening sequence they were fighting the malboro in that area with all the water and trees.

But since dalamud has ruined everything.....will we ever get to see it?

It makes me sad.

Anyone else wonder what somewhere would have looked like in 1.0?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasumuni View Post
    When I first seen the picture of the large waterfalls with the hume, elvaan and 'galka' standing with a chocobo, I always wondered if we would actually be able to visit that place in game. Even in the opening sequence they were fighting the malboro in that area with all the water and trees.

But since dalamud has ruined everything.....will we ever get to see it?

It makes me sad.

Anyone else wonder what somewhere would have looked like in 1.0?
    Saw, Hyur, Elezen, Roegadyn.

We did get to see that area as well. It's Mor Dhona. After Midgardsormr destroyed the airship in the opening trailer, the outpouring of aether destroyed the landscape, turning it into the Mor Dhona we know today. Or knew I suppose.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    We did get to see that area as well. It's Mor Dhona. After Midgardsormr destroyed the airship in the opening trailer, the outpouring of aether destroyed the landscape, turning it into the Mor Dhona we know today. Or knew I suppose.
    Yeah, contrariwise, it only looked lush, green and waterfally pre-1.0, and during the game it was all purples. I have hope that the final moments of the "A New Beginning" video hinted at a re-greenulated Mor Dhona, though I couldn't see waterfalls (unless you count my own tears of joy).
    (3)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Yowyow Estac
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    we have seen the eastern side of mor dhona actually on the black shroud videos. its the area that once was West Black Shroud, i personally believe lichenweed / crimson bark / other areas in west black shroud got destroyed / converted to what would be East Mor Dhona. Its just a theory but i also think Crystal Tower base is in 1.0's West black shroud / 2.0's East Mor dhona, Reasoning is quite simple if u look at the screenshots / vids we have of behemoth / overlook of crystal tower CGI
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It would be cool if they made places of the past accesible via the echo.

I mean actually let us play our characters during the echo not just watch a cutscene.
    (3)