Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 130

Thread: Armoury Chest

  1. #101
    Player
    SwordCoheir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    770
    Character
    Sword Coheir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    GLADIATOR Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    While you can change equipment during battle, the development team confirmed that the battle system wasn't designed to offer that as an advantage. The purpose of the Armoury Chest and gear sets are simply to facilitate changing gear and additional inventory for gear and were not created to be used as a strategy during battle.
    I really hope you just that "can" is a typo for "can't".

    Otherwise, you fail to see the first rule of Gamers, "If an advantage exists, they will use it.", much like players did bypassing Garuda's Astral Flow. I think it's very evident that gearswapping during battle was never intended to be advantageous in FFXI either, but we saw how that turned out and it's pretty much required for every and anything nowadays. Best choice is to completely block off gear swapping during battle and leave the rest of us players to fend for ourselves.
    (1)

    Support RDM Development: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/42776-How-Would-You-Design-Red-Mage%21[/center]

  2. #102
    Player
    Skies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ul'Dah
    Posts
    1,723
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    GLADIATOR Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordCoheir View Post
    Otherwise, you fail to see the first rule of Gamers, "If an advantage exists, they will use it.", much like players did bypassing Garuda's Astral Flow. I think it's very evident that gearswapping during battle was never intended to be advantageous in FFXI either, but we saw how that turned out and it's pretty much required for every and anything nowadays. Best choice is to completely block off gear swapping during battle and leave the rest of us players to fend for ourselves.
    Actually 'system not designed to grant advantage'.
    Depending on how they do it, gear-swapping could induce a complete restart of all cooldown and presumably a longer cooldown of all abilities. Which in turn would cause you to stay disabled for a fair bit in battle if you change gear mid-fight.
    (0)

  3. #103
    Player
    Zenaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FL,Hialeah
    Posts
    5,134
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    CONJURER Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Actually 'system not designed to grant advantage'.
    Depending on how they do it, gear-swapping could induce a complete restart of all cooldown and presumably a longer cooldown of all abilities. Which in turn would cause you to stay disabled for a fair bit in battle if you change gear mid-fight.
    I was thinking what would you switch too? there only two stats for job and meld are limit to which gear can have what stats. So overall i don't see it being useful for anything but i'm sure people would find a way if there is one.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

  4. #104
    Player
    Mjollnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    1,215
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    PUGILIST Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I was thinking what would you switch too? there only two stats for job and meld are limit to which gear can have what stats. So overall i don't see it being useful for anything but i'm sure people would find a way if there is one.
    There are a lot more stats than just two for the job. I'd list them, but NDA (unless they showed off a character page in the video with them all listed; it didn't register with me).
    (0)
    Twitter : @Mojo_FFXIV

  5. #105
    Player
    Zenaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FL,Hialeah
    Posts
    5,134
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    CONJURER Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    There are a lot more stats than just two for the job. I'd list them, but NDA (unless they showed off a character page in the video with them all listed; it didn't register with me).
    True there are more but overall i think if you switch gear maybe it reset your TP to 0 or something at least i hope there something like that.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

  6. #106
    Player
    Mjollnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    1,215
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    PUGILIST Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    True there are more but overall i think if you switch gear maybe it reset your TP to 0 or something at least i hope there something like that.
    I hope and pray they just make the option to gear-swap unavailable while you have any enmity whatsoever.
    (1)
    Twitter : @Mojo_FFXIV

  7. #107
    Player
    Zenaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FL,Hialeah
    Posts
    5,134
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    CONJURER Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    I hope and pray they just make the option to gear-swap unavailable while you have any enmity whatsoever.
    Agree i don't want to worry about switching gear while fighting.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

  8. #108
    Player
    Goufunaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    450
    Character
    Goufunaki Rammstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    MARAUDER Lv 50
    If we have to change our pants when a scary monster appears, there has to be a good reason for it. o_O;
    (4)
    It said his blade weighed half a tonne, O’ Spanish steel, Christ how it shone, With a whistle & thump yer dash were done, And the axe cared not for who you were, He kept a cell below the tower, Where he signed the cross every half an hour, With a calf skin drum & a rattle tat taa, The Jolly Executioner.

  9. #109
    Community Rep Okipuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    119
    We understand your comments and so we took them back and reconfirmed with the development team and are able to clarify that you cannot change gear while in battle.

    Whenever you're on an enemy's hate list (e.g. a paladin that's tanking Ifrit), you won't be able to change your gear. Hopefully that clears everything up, and we apologize for the initial confusion caused.
    (82)
    Okipuit - Community Team

  10. #110
    Player
    JillyBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    850
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    CONJURER Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand your comments and so we took them back and reconfirmed with the development team and are able to clarify that you cannot change gear while in battle.
    Whenever you're on an enemy's hate list (e.g. a paladin that's tanking Ifrit), you won't be able to change your gear. Hopefully that clears everything up, and we apologize for the initial confusion caused.
    Hallelujah!
    (27)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast