Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Reborn View Post
    *SCREAMS* ... this post just made my night.. I was vividly picturing the whole scene in my head while reading. The last part can't be un-seen (X_X)
    better then a roe doing the same thing...
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand your comments and so we took them back and reconfirmed with the development team and are able to clarify that you cannot change gear while in battle.

Whenever you're on an enemy's hate list (e.g. a paladin that's tanking Ifrit), you won't be able to change your gear. Hopefully that clears everything up, and we apologize for the initial confusion caused.
    Pheww thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Temisu Namisu
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Glad to hear that it was just misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    I think this mechanic should be tweaked somewhat to only being able to shed clothing. Here's the scenario:

You're a pugilist Lalafell and you pick a fight with Odin. By yourself. He bops you on the head 'cause, really, c'mon. You brandish your cesti and tell him to come at you. He laughs, backs up a bit, then breaks into a full gallup, spear pointed at your head. You realise the terrible mistake you've made and begin running in the other direction.

Alas! You're not fast enough! You need something to trip up Odin's horse's hooves quicklike. You begin shedding clothing and dropping them, hoping to create small clothlike foot traps.

The last anyone sees of this brave pugilist Lalafell is a screaming ball of flesh streaking through the forest.
    However, I will accept gear change for this reason.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rane Farstrider
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I'm glad to hear that we won't have in-battle gear changes as well. I hated that in XI!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kerin Kor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    I think this mechanic should be tweaked somewhat to only being able to shed clothing.
    No, just NO!

There'll be a million 'special cases' if SE do anything other than what they plane to do .. which is just FINE, the min/maxers seriously damaged FFXI with their Windower-required gear swap edicts, keep that sort of idiocy away from FFXIV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    No, just NO!

There'll be a million 'special cases' if SE do anything other than what they plane to do .. which is just FINE, the min/maxers seriously damaged FFXI with their Windower-required gear swap edicts, keep that sort of idiocy away from FFXIV.
    (1)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    No, just NO!

I think, sir, that you may have missed the jocular tone in which Llen's post was made. It should be plain to see that the last thing she would want to disrupt her peaceful fishing expeditions were random incursions by naked players into her serene environment. It would scare away the fish.
    (2)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Doki Waku
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    With that in mind, can you ask the devs if there will still be enemies that have equipment removing attacks? I always hated those.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Doki View Post
    With that in mind, can you ask the devs if there will still be enemies that have equipment removing attacks? I always hated those.
    If you can't put gear back on when you have hate on the mob. Then they wont be enemies that remove your equipment. You pretty much have to do noting so you can put your gear back on.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Veil Mistwarden
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Excellent !
    A most annoying mechanic for sure.
    Now put the move-and-cast back in thanks.
    (0)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13