Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    While you can change equipment during battle, the development team confirmed that the battle system wasn't designed to offer that as an advantage. The purpose of the Armoury Chest and gear sets are simply to facilitate changing gear and additional inventory for gear and were not created to be used as a strategy during battle.
    Oh no!!! GEar sawpping!!!

how i hated that in FFXI.

it always looked like a bug to me, when character models popped off and on while in battle..yea off course.. i always change my clothes while running or in a battle... :sarcasm off:

SO ANNOYING

SO disturbing.. nor it is really realistic..

just look at that video... gear sawp.. gear swap... it freaks me out every time... to watch that .

Championship of gear swapping? eh.. spaming?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcIyCwTC9rY

most bad news of the day. i cant believe it that they do a step backwards..
    (5)
    Last edited by Tonkra; 05-29-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKayla View Post
    XI is also the only other mmo you have played isnt it >.>/

Rosy retrospection refers to the finding that subjects later rate past events more positively than they had actually rated them when the event occurred, reminiscent of the Latin phrase memoria praeteritorum bonorum ("The past is always recalled to be good").

The effect appears to be stronger with moderately pleasant events and is usually explained as a result of minor annoyances and dislikes "fading" from memory dramatically faster than positive situations.
    No, I am a very hardcore GW2 player, a game where you cant switch gear and gear means hardly anything because every endgame piece has identical stats, quite the opposite. I also was very much into Aion and DCUO. I also still sometimes play XI and play on my ninja where I adore my gear swapping techniques and I love my setup I have. It is not the result of dislikes or annoyances fading, because I love it to this day, I do it to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    This is easy to say; if gearswapping catches on as a viable thing to do, we'll pretty much be forced to do so.

You know how everyone stepped on the SAM that TP'd in STR rings, the THF that did everything in DEX rings etc... there were massive threads (and in some cases multiple threads on the same forum) about the people that didn't gear swap when it was seen as 'the thing to do'.

They were labelled as 'incompetent' or 'gimp'

Same thing will happen here.

We can choose 'not' to play with those kinds of people, but what if it's your long-time linkshell? What if every group worth its salt decides gear swapping is worth it?

The easiest thing would be to not allow it at all or penalize one for doing so.
    If they don't want people to do it, then it feels a little ass-backwards to allow it ><

If gear swapping caught on it'd be XI all over again.
    Screwed without windower macros (I didn't bother with this - 3 macros alone to change bst gear to my charm set and back again... ugh... or was it 4?) but the point is it was slow and cumbersome!
    Carry around 3+ sets of gear for the one job?
    8 Staves for your SMN? Why the hell not!

Edited for speeeelling erruhz.
    Also sorry if my post reads harsh, totally not my intention and I wish you a wonderful day Viion^^
    I completely respect what you're saying, and I would not care 1 bit if gear swapping was prevented like in 1.0. Weather it is here or not, I do not mind, but I do like it and would welcome it.

But I understand the annoyances it brings, the problem is, the things you state you do not like happen in game just with some other system. So the frustrations of what becomes the "norm" is already happening and people will demand it and kick you if you do not fit their idea.

I know a lot of people were labelled weak for not gear swapping and that does sucks, I was not one of those people and if one of my friends did not want to gear swap (i had many in my LS who did not want to) we did not mind, they were still as strong and dependent upon as the rest of our linkshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I have 3 relic for my 3 jobs MNK,BLM,DRG getting tripled is simple with time. Now try and get tripled meld for 2-3 sets of gear per job. Then getting rare,ex gear set for each job. that more pain in the ass then just working on one great master set for each job like i did in 1.0

Also you telling people to not join people like that? really? good luck finding a endgame that does not look at your gear before joining and if you do find one there not that good at winning. Working on one gear set is easy working on 2-3 is not i hope they make it so you can't gear swap in battle.

I also don't want to worry about switching gear in battle in FFXI i ended up just not worrying about it when there was 30+ people doing the same fight.
    I understand what you are trying to say. But the battle system will not be designed for gear swapping so all content is doable without it, it is just -easier- (maybe?) to do with it, so the comment "if you do find one there not that good at winning" to be incorrect.

I would not do endgame with random people for the pure sake for the absolute awful loot system, and so I would only do endgame with my friends, which is plenty enough in the game. So maybe my view is more biased because I would never play with the people who demand a lot. But the reason I say it is, endgame content will always require you to attain something. You will be expected to have X and Y, which could be specific attributes, skills, classes, melds and so on. Gear Swapping is just another variable to the expectations that already exist.

It might not be a viable excuse to say that "Just because you require x int for this fight doesn't justify needing 3 sets as well", but that is just how I see it.

But like I said, if they stop it, I will not care, but I welcome it as well. I did not miss it in 1.0, but I always felt kind of bummed out how easy it was to maximize your characters potential once you got that one gear set for your class.

Another thing I would like to add is, the system kind of already exists but in a different sense. In XI you brought gear for 1 class, in XIV you're bringing gear for several classes as you are often expected to switch jobs on the fly and you don't want to keep going back to your retainer.

So in XI while it was: 1 class + several gear sets
    in XIV it is just: Several Classes + 1 good set for each.

You've just changed how you go about doing the exact same thing, although if gear swapping became the norm, you'd need several classes and several pieces of gear sets, hah the inventory nightmare... I would probably not like it for that issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by viion; 05-29-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    If we're having in battle gear swapping, better give me super awesome transformations SE! >=o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY7mVOLfgaQ

Really atleast if we must have it, it should be magical, rather than just swapped out as if by some invisible force. I could go for changing at certain moments every now and then but not in and out for every single little action we make. Having played XI for a long time i did enjoy the gear swapping aspect. But i always hated that your gear was swapping in and out all of the time (visually). The difference between someone who swapped and someone who didn't was also pretty large depending on the job you played.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a move away from gear as the driving force of progression, add in more traits/actions/materials/materia/etc as progressive rewards. Content doesn't have to reward gear for it to be worth doing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 05-30-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    No, I am a very hardcore GW2 player, a game where you cant switch gear and gear means hardly anything because every endgame piece has identical stats, quite the opposite. I also was very much into Aion and DCUO. I also still sometimes play XI and play on my ninja where I adore my gear swapping techniques and I love my setup I have. It is not the result of dislikes or annoyances fading, because I love it to this day, I do it to this day.

I completely respect what you're saying, and I would not care 1 bit if gear swapping was prevented like in 1.0. Weather it is here or not, I do not mind, but I do like it and would welcome it.

But I understand the annoyances it brings, the problem is, the things you state you do not like happen in game just with some other system. So the frustrations of what becomes the "norm" is already happening and people will demand it and kick you if you do not fit their idea.

I know a lot of people were labelled weak for not gear swapping and that does sucks, I was not one of those people and if one of my friends did not want to gear swap (i had many in my LS who did not want to) we did not mind, they were still as strong and dependent upon as the rest of our linkshell.

I understand what you are trying to say. But the battle system will not be designed for gear swapping so all content is doable without it, it is just -easier- (maybe?) to do with it, so the comment "if you do find one there not that good at winning" to be incorrect.

I would not do endgame with random people for the pure sake for the absolute awful loot system, and so I would only do endgame with my friends, which is plenty enough in the game. So maybe my view is more biased because I would never play with the people who demand a lot. But the reason I say it is, endgame content will always require you to attain something. You will be expected to have X and Y, which could be specific attributes, skills, classes, melds and so on. Gear Swapping is just another variable to the expectations that already exist.

It might not be a viable excuse to say that "Just because you require x int for this fight doesn't justify needing 3 sets as well", but that is just how I see it.

But like I said, if they stop it, I will not care, but I welcome it as well. I did not miss it in 1.0, but I always felt kind of bummed out how easy it was to maximize your characters potential once you got that one gear set for your class.

Another thing I would like to add is, the system kind of already exists but in a different sense. In XI you brought gear for 1 class, in XIV you're bringing gear for several classes as you are often expected to switch jobs on the fly and you don't want to keep going back to your retainer.

So in XI while it was: 1 class + several gear sets
    in XIV it is just: Several Classes + 1 good set for each.

You've just changed how you go about doing the exact same thing, although if gear swapping became the norm, you'd need several classes and several pieces of gear sets, hah the inventory nightmare... I would probably not like it for that issue.
    I may have jump the gun with this like i always do with many things. I don't think we going to have issue with gear swap i mean what else would you be using to help? There no need for TP gear seeing how we gain TP by our-self having a WS gear swap seem pointless also. Then i was thinking oh maybe a gear set to lower cool down but that also seem unlikely.

In FFXI it make sense to have more then one gear set but in FFXIV we only have what two stats and having a full set for one stats to do a little more DMG on one type of ws is also pointless. So ya i don't see gearswap being a thing not if they change the overall battle system again.

So ya ignore my post lol should really think about stuff before bitching i guess i never learn lol.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    While you can change equipment during battle, the development team confirmed that the battle system wasn't designed to offer that as an advantage. The purpose of the Armoury Chest and gear sets are simply to facilitate changing gear and additional inventory for gear and were not created to be used as a strategy during battle.
    Bad SE! *sprit from a water bottle*

This is gonna be crap all over again! A set for TP, a set for WS, a set for everything else. Hopefully it's not what we all think and are jumping the gun, but wow, if it's true, -10 points for SE =(
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sabi Verdantes
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I don't think gear swapping is viable with how fast combat is or am i overlooking something?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynara Lamprouge
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Please no gear swaps during battle....NO GEAR SWAPS!!!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    (5)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Goufunaki Rammstein
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Boooo to gear swapping!
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nel Celestine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    yea, no thanks for gear swapping. Block that during battles please! it was TERRIBLE in XI carrying around so much gear all the time just for a spell that you MAY use or 4 full sets for TP WS damage mitigation and enmity.
    (1)

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast