Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59

What i hope for ARR graphics

From what i see in videos and screenshots. Hopefully we see the same changes for ARR like in 1.0. :

1.0. Alpha

1.0. Beta

the Beta of 1.0. really improved the graphics for 1.0. version and i hope so for ARR. otherwise we would lose a lot of quality in my opinion.

the first screenshot reminds me of the graphics which we see on screenshots for ARR. when it comes to these "mat colors".

anybody knows what they improved there? Gamma reduction? Shaders? etc.?
    (1)
    Last edited by Tonkra; 04-13-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Player
    Character
    Amarah Barrett
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The biggest change between those two shots appears to me that they added interior shadows and allowed the light sources to illuminate the characters. In the first shot, it looks like the lights don't affect the environment or the characters at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    i think yoshi-p's internal version is more closer to the final version we will get at official launch. none of the alpha video releasted so far can match that...you can see in his controller demonstration video or 6th live letter for the sneak peek.

hopes that addressed your concern ;P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Don't forget they'll implement DX11 after launch, so that should definitely improve things.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Once they add DX11 support i bet they support higher resolution textures. Which would make the game look even better. Also they said they keep supporting higher and higher graphics for PC version as time goes by to always be a great looking game.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    And again I see people talking about DX11 being a mystical magic pill... You can have your great graphics and high texture resolution without DX11. All it does is make certain things easier for the devs to implement or for your GPU to process at less cost.
    (0)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
    And again I see people talking about DX11 being a mystical magic pill... You can have your great graphics and high texture resolution without DX11. All it does is make certain things easier for the devs to implement or for your GPU to process at less cost.
    Will seeing how they need DX11 to bring out higher texture resolution.Then it current in the final game i would say there more too it then that. If not they would not worry about wasting all the money to make DX11 support.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    Will seeing how they need DX11 to bring out higher texture resolution.Then it current in the final game i would say there more too it then that. If not they would not worry about wasting all the money to make DX11 support.
    comment makes no sense, you can have any resolution textures in either directX the .dds files for textures are native to it and depending on which version you use of DX you will have there shaders render different and have more features in the higher version. size of the textures only matters on how big they want the file size since its going to be loaded in memory.

they cant waste money on something they dont have to pay for there already making the game on windows just a matter of saving a file with other settings on the asset side.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    comment makes no sense, you can have any resolution textures in either directX the .dds files for textures are native to it and depending on which version you use of DX you will have there shaders render different and have more features in the higher version. size of the textures only matters on how big they want the file size since its going to be loaded in memory.

they cant waste money on something they dont have to pay for there already making the game on windows just a matter of saving a file with other settings on the asset side.
    will that make sense but Soukyuu say they don't need DX11 to support it. So wonder why they need DX11 for then seeing how i don't really understand how DX work i leave it at that.

I'll i was saying is that they going to release DX11 with higher texture resolution so i was guessing they needed DX11 to do so.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 04-14-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    They don't need DX11 for higher textures, but I'd guess the reason they're trying to keep textures low at the moment is to keep it within the PS3 memory limits but also not have to make the PC and PS3 builds too different from each other at the moment. I don't see why it should matter that much or delay implementation, since the textures are obviously created large and then scaled down, and PC and PS3 clients are still going to be slightly different anyways so there's no reason that PC's couldn't check an option to use the higher res textures, regardless of DX version. Pegging it on DX11 sounds to me like a way to skirt around a 'PS3 limitations' excuse.
    (1)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast