Player
    Character
    Destain Osmont
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Name change? Is it happening?

I know awhile back the dev team confirmed they would look into but I haven't heard anything since. I am hoping everyone can give this a little attention to see if we can get an answer or help me find a confirmation.

When I made my character name I was planning on playing with my XI friends so I just made my XI name + Xiv. I would relish in the opportunity to change my characters surname as seeing my character referred to as Xiv in game dialogue throws me off... Xiv? (pronounced Ziv or Zyv maybe?)

Anyways, if we could get a comment on if this is still going to happen as a one time deal or no that would be great. If not would it become a payable option?

I know, my problem, my fault. I made an unoriginal unimaginitive surname etc... Be gentle forums. I don't make a lot of threads

Rep response received. Thanks for the bumps to help us get an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    I know confirmation has been a long time coming on this one, and we're glad to finally detail how this will work! When you log into A Realm Reborn for the first time with your old character (specifically after phase 4), you will have the ability to redo any aspect of your character -- one time only. This includes the ability to change your name.

Everyone's getting a second chance at a first impression!
    (2)
    Last edited by Destain; 05-03-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    We are 99.99% certain that it will happen ^^, we will know for definite closer to release but for now, count on it happening! (I like Zyv!)
    (3)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm sure it happening i mean if they having issue to allow players to do some simple as change names then this game going to have some hard times.

But i think the issue was more how they going to deal with players with the same name. But they said who every name the char first get to keep the name so i guess that fix the issue they having.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Destain Osmont
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    We are 99.99% certain that it will happen ^^, we will know for definite closer to release but for now, count on it happening! (I like Zyv!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I'm sure it happening i mean if they having issue to allow players to do some simple as change names then this game going to have some hard times.

But i think the issue was more how they going to deal with players with the same name. But they said who every name the char first get to keep the name so i guess that fix the issue they having.
    Thank you both for the reassurance! I guess my concern would be them not doing it over community concerns. "They took our Gil!!" type situations. If there is no rep response feel free put in suggested badass/insulting surnames!

Dalek maybe.. On a real Dr. Who kick, Matt Smith kicks ass.

Wayne? lifelong batman fan... Serious life altering decision to make either way
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Destain View Post
    Thank you both for the reassurance! I guess my concern would be them not doing it over community concerns. "They took our Gil!!" type situations. If there is no rep response feel free put in suggested badass/insulting surnames!

Dalek maybe.. On a real Dr. Who kick, Matt Smith kicks ass.

Wayne? lifelong batman fan... Serious life altering decision to make either way
    Destain Wayne doesn't sound bad, it rhymes!!
    I am a huge fan of Ancient Rome so I'd probably put in one of their Cognomen.
    (There's actually a site called Nova Roma, I think it's like a rome RP type thing? I have no clue... but they have a wonderful list of Cognomen you can look at^^ Scroll down the paaage!) http://www.novaroma.org/nr/Choosing_..._name#Cognomen
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Destain Osmont
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Lol...Vara..

Lord Destain Poplicola!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Haha Poplicola... just rolls off the tongue XD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    With the addition of 'naming conventions' within the lore forums, plus being able to completely regender/remake your character, I think they have found a way for us to change our names. That said, no official word on the matter, other than 'we're hoping to implement it, stay tuned.'
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Bumping this in hopes for a dev response we are getting closer to release..hehe so can you confirm this SE?
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast