Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80

Future idea for new species: The Dravani

Yoshi-P had spoken about what species could be classified as a future race, and although a mammalian species such as the FFXII viera had been heavily voted for, Yoshida has still noted that a species that looks significantly different would be more interesting, and added that a reptilian species could be considered.

Now we already know that there is a beast tribe to the northwest who are apparently at war with Ishgard. They have also been seen in the 1.0 into's echo, fighting Garleans over Mor Dhona.

The late Midgardsormr and the Dragon king Ndhogg have a great hold over them, it is possible that Nidhogg's hatred of all of the five races is a form of insanity... Based on the Dragoon questline, it seems very plausible.

I could surmise that once players defeat Nidhogg, the Dravani (dragonkin from Dravania) could become disconnected from leadership, and hastily seek some sort of peace with the five races. This could open the door to future expansions, in which the Dravani are player characters.

Now what we know of them so far is little, but it appears that apart from a few exceptions, the Dravani are sentient dragonkin with slender hind legs, wings and a long tail:

As for flight, canon could surmise that the great feats over silvertail were a gift from Midgardsormer himself, and with his demise the power of flying so high may have faded over time.

That said, I would absolutely adore the idea that a playable character, while running or in combat, would hover inches from the ground, flapping its wings. (simple example of how an old RPG did it:

[Video clip]

Walking or standing, it would use its feet. Perhaps when sitting, it could coil its tail to create a rudimentary chair, would be unable to use benches, but perhaps cone or pole-shaped environments could be used as an alternative to benches.

The wings need not always be spread, but could fold over the chest, much like a cape.

Example:

I also understand that "Dragoon" may not be a friendly class to them in lore, but perhaps a literal "Dragon Knight" could operate as its equivalent.

I understand this concept could use some serious polish and would not even hope to be available for 1 or 2 expansions, but I did want to see whether other people have ideas for this.

Thank you for your time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Duuude007; 05-12-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Trogdor!

Trogdor!

Trogdor was a man

I mean, he was a dragon man

Or maybe he was just a dragon

But he was still Trogdor!

Trogdor!

Trogdor!

(I hope you found that valuable input to the thread)
    (1)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    Trogdor!

(I hope you found that valuable input to the thread)
    Very metal, thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Migardsormr is worshipped by man (according to Erik), so perhaps they could be accepted into the story as his holy children who have lost their innate dragon power, meaning they do not possess the loathsom power despised by Ishgard. Unless of course they are an Azure Dragoon, one who masters dragon power through conviction in justice.

Erik: "Much later, with the arrival of man, would Midgardsormr be worshipped as the guardian deity of Silvertear Falls."

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post986849
    (0)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 05-10-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    Just curious if I can do addition with this:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
    Just curious if I can do addition with this:
    Both clearly dragonkin, but there are some key differences in their anatomy. These may not necessarily be sentient, or more of a drone caste.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Radstar Hicks
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Gargoyles!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar88 View Post
    Gargoyles!
    Have to admit, thats what i thought of too.
    (0)

Character
    Shio Ban
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

IF and only /if/ they ever decided to add a new race.
    Can you imagine the pressure just even going through the basic user-testing prior to even beginning to implement such a thing, because you can pretty much guess what would happen if they went for the wrong thing...

>>COMPLETE XIV INTERNET MELTDOWN<< (Mummy they didn't give me what I wanted syndrome)

But the idea isn't bad!
    (0)
    Last edited by Shioban; 05-10-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'd rather see a bi-pedal dragon race with human-like qualities over the Viera tbh.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast