Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecwhite View Post
    Hvinire I had planned to change my female miqo'te to male one and change my name from Cecilia to Cecil. Will that be possible since the Cecil name is from a different FF. I have seen Rydia's name before on 1.0
    As long as no one else has the name, and its not considered vulgar/abusive/derogatory etc, you should be able to use it.

Hence why there's a Shan Totto on my server. :P
    ...and a couple of Yuna's
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    It's happening
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DomonKasshu View Post
    I'm planing on changing my character appearance but not my name. If I don't want to change my name and keep my 1.0 name will I have to worry about someone else taking my name before I re-customize my character? Sorry if that doesn't make sense it's just hard for me to word it. Basically do I need to worry about someone taking my 1.0 name before I re-customize my character?

Let's say two Domon Kasshu enter NA server 1

Domon Kasshu 1# Made his character Sep 31 2010
    Domon Kasshu 2# Made his character Nov 1 2010

Domon Kasshu 1# would be allow to keep his name while 2# would have to change his name.

But i guess if 2# made his char and enter the game few hours later 1# enter that same world. He would be the one that have to change the name.

It's a little weird on how it going to work but what yoshi-p said is the person who made the character first get to keep his name. Looking up your name there 4 other players with the same name. So they may be a chance that a world you enter someone already made there char and you would have to change your name.

This is why is better to come up with a name you enjoy and would use for many games then picking a anime name. There just a higher % that name would be taken.

Also note that when i say made his char first i mean when they made it in 1.0 not when they remake them for 2.0
    (1)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 05-06-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Domon Kasshu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    Let's say two Domon Kasshu enter NA server 1

Domon Kasshu 1# Made his character Sep 31 2010
    Domon Kasshu 2# Made his character Nov 1 2010

Domon Kasshu 1# would be allow to keep his name while 2# would have to change his name.

But i guess if 2# made his char and enter the game few hours later 1# enter that same world. He would be the one that have to change the name.

It's a little weird on how it going to work but what yoshi-p said is the person who made the character first get to keep his name. Looking up your name there 4 other players with the same name. So they may be a chance that a world you enter someone already made there char and you would have to change your name.

This is why is better to come up with a name you enjoy and would use for many games then picking a anime name. There just a higher % that name would be taken.

Also note that when i say made his char first i mean when they made it in 1.0 not when they remake them for 2.0
    I agree. To be honest this was a departure from the norm for me because I have a name that I use on all my online games and if my name is taken I'll just revert to that name. I used Domon Kasshu for my name in beta 1.0 and then later found out our names would transfer. When subs started back up I actually remade my character to change the looks a little and just reused the name. I wont be heartbroken if it does have to change I was just more curious than anything to see how it would work. I'm sure the process is going to be well explained when launch comes around.
    (0)
    Last edited by DomonKasshu; 05-06-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Nothing in this world thats worth having comes easy.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DomonKasshu View Post
    I agree. To be honest this was a departure from the norm for me because I have a name that I use on all my online games and if my name is taken I'll just revert to that name. I used Domon Kasshu for my name in beta 1.0 and then later found out our names would transfer. When subs started back up I actually remade my character to change the looks a little and just reused the name. I wont be heartbroken if it does have to change I was just more curious than anything to see how it would work. I'm sure the process is going to be well explained when launch comes around.
    ya i'm sure it be well explained you could always just change the last name . People would remember you by your first vs last. Like myself people just remember zenaku and call me Zen.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Domon Kasshu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    ya i'm sure it be well explained you could always just change the last name . People would remember you by your first vs last. Like myself people just remember zenaku and call me Zen.
    I was actually considering the possibility of server transfer if we are given the option on the character remakes. I'm pretty sure they said we will be given the option to transfer in a live letter or dev post but I could be wrong. So I may end up changing my name entirely, however, I'm still not sure if I will transfer or not. Really it depends on what is going to happen with server names and my RL friends and family that play. I'm playing FFXI in my downtime while we wait for the launch, which is still a few months away acording to the NicoNico event info so I have plenty of time to decide what to do.
    (0)

Nothing in this world thats worth having comes easy.

Player
    Character
    Gavin Vengeance
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    At long last! no more "Lord Lord" dialogue!

Thank the Twelve
    (0)

When creating a character, if you choose a name that's already taken, a message will pop-up saying “This name is already in use.”

Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    There will be guidelines that stop people from stealing oneone elses name though right?
    In the event that someone has the same exact first name and last name after we transfer characters from FFXIV 1.0 into the worlds used in ARR, we will check who originally had the name determined by certain priorities. As for what those priorities are, we will be announcing this on Lodestone in the future.
    (28)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

9. 05-12-2013 08:38 AM
    Reason
    nvm

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7