Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Not sure where you heard that, but yes, like he said, when you log in (after Phase 4) you'll be able to re-customize your existing character and change your name!
    This is good news and thanks for the update and info!
    (3)

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Rhomagus Asclepiot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    I'm not sure either anymore...
    Thank you for the response!
    You might be referring to the system where they'll allow you to change your hair and other aesthetic features after you've created your character like a barber shop.

I don't have the link on hand but they aren't planning on having that on release.

You're probably confusing the one time character change, which allows you to change all aspects of your 1.0 character (name, sex, nation, race etc.) with the tentatively titled "barber shop" which allows you to change superficial aspects of character creation (hairstyle, hair color, makeup, and tattoos) even after creating the character.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Domon Kasshu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    I'm planing on changing my character appearance but not my name. If I don't want to change my name and keep my 1.0 name will I have to worry about someone else taking my name before I re-customize my character? Sorry if that doesn't make sense it's just hard for me to word it. Basically do I need to worry about someone taking my 1.0 name before I re-customize my character?
    (0)
    Last edited by DomonKasshu; 05-03-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Nothing in this world thats worth having comes easy.

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Awesome!!! TY Hvinire for the dev response! So happeh
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DomonKasshu View Post
    I'm planing on changing my character appearance but not my name. If I don't want to change my name and keep my 1.0 name will I have to worry about someone else taking my name before I re-customize my character? Sorry if that doesn't make sense it's just hard for me to word it. Basically do I need to worry about someone taking my 1.0 name before I re-customize my character?
    Pretty sure people can't gank your name since your character is stored on server already with your name; the name change is optional and not mandatory so you should be able to keep your name without incident!
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Domon Kasshu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Pretty sure people can't gank your name since your character is stored on server already with your name; the name change is optional and not mandatory so you should be able to keep your name without incident!

Awesome. Can't wait for launch!
    (0)

Nothing in this world thats worth having comes easy.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    I know confirmation has been a long time coming on this one, and we're glad to finally detail how this will work! When you log into A Realm Reborn for the first time with your old character (specifically after phase 4), you will have the ability to redo any aspect of your character -- one time only. This includes the ability to change your name.

Everyone's getting a second chance at a first impression!
    This is not only GREAT news, but also a really nice juicy additional detail that this will clearly take place after Phase 4. Now we just need to hear details about server names/locations and the timing of server selection!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rogue Muse
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I know confirmation has been a long time coming on this one, and we're glad to finally detail how this will work! When you log into A Realm Reborn for the first time with your old character (specifically after phase 4), you will have the ability to redo any aspect of your character -- one time only. This includes the ability to change your name.

There will be guidelines that stop people from stealing oneone elses name though right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zara Diaspora
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 63

Look at you just brightening up my day. "You are my Oprah" ~Archer

I say that in the best way! Haha no I'm just super excited I get to tweak up my Hellsguard even more!! Or change his name...Leigaon Ozark...or Rhotsaelb aka Red Sage. Too much to think about..I'm off to the Lore section!!! Thank you!
    (1)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    I'm getting this pop-up message every time I click on this thread:

Asks me for my username and password. Anyone else getting this?
    It's not asking for your username and password, it's asking for that of a staff member.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast