Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

Instinctual Territorality

From the official website:

Though their presence in Eorzea is lesser than that of the other races, the Miqo'te are easily distinguished by their large, projecting ears and restless, feline tails. The ancestors of this line first made their way to the realm during the Age of Endless Frost in the Fifth Umbral Era, traversing frozen seas in pursuit of the wildlife upon which they subsisted. Instinctual territoriality causes many among them to lead solitary lifestyles. Males in particular are said to shy from contact with others.
    On the basis of what we learned from the naming conventions of the seekers and keepers, the bolded line above sounds more like it would apply only to the Keepers of the Moon. Strange then, that it is used to define Miqo'te in general?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laevetine Gransbal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Take the cat out of the wild, but not the wild out of the cat? Most animals (even humans) have "Instinctual Territoriality" just to what degree expressed depends on culture and what not. So in this case i would say it just more prevalent in the keepers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    It's possible that it's a simple case of "solitary" being a less apt word choice than, say, "isolated." A larger group, such as the Seekers of the Sun, can still prefer to keep to themselves, otherwise. There are entire cultures of varying size today that could be argued as isolationist; you often see such labels placed on the Amish and even some Jewish communities.

In a more broad sense, they might just prefer minimal personal contact even in their large communities. Hell, I live in a large community and my responsibilities are the only reason I ever leave my condo, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 04-06-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Deltara Delettre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    You can't really believe that information though. The first clause of the first sentence is a bold-faced lie.
    (0)