Player
    Character
    Corwin Aurilliac
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Make it possible for software tokens to be linked to security tokens

I don't understand why we can't have both a security token and software token. I miss place my security token all the time and it would be awesome to just use my mobile when I can't find it.

Also when I reset my mobile I lose my log-in details for the forums and can't sign back in without my token. A software token would be a great way to log back in without needing to go back home.

Can't you just have account maintenance give me the code to match my security token so the software token displays the same number?

Why can't we just have two numbers available?

This makes no sense to me.

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Working in an IT environment where I manage keyfobs on a day-to-day basis (swapped over roughly 450 last month), I know it's possible for a user to have two or more different tokens displaying different numbers which all work. However, what I don't know is what kind of licencing system SE have. With some licensing systems, you can only have a set number of users that have more than one token and those users are generally admin accounts rather than end users.
    (0)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    I also second this.

I was really disappointed when I learned you couldn't use both.

It was a serious /facepalm moment.

Probably seems silly to a lot of people but technology sometimes just doesn't work and its always great to have a second way to get in just in case.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    /signs the petition
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rau Berlioz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Does any know how these security tokens work? From my understanding, it shouldn't be too complicated for the the system to sync the server and phone's algorithm to the one in the security token.

At least that's how I'd imagine it would work.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemeefu View Post
    This thread is not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I think the primary purpose of the software version was for new players of both FFXI and FFXIV that don't currently have a physical keyfob. You could always unregister the physical keyfob and register the software version.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rau View Post
    Does any know how these security tokens work? From my understanding, it shouldn't be too complicated for the the system to sync the server and phone's algorithm to the one in the security token.

At least that's how I'd imagine it would work.
    Security token works with the numbers each time you press it. It give you a new set of numbers base on the time that why you can't simply change the battery of the token. It just get out of sync with the security system over at SE that allow you to enter the code.

Problem is up too if SE want you to use two token at the same time if you have more then 1 i see issue happening. So to keep it more save i think they just allow you only to use one and that it.;
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner