Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player

If you think this isn't a forced resignation you're plain crazy. This is what happens in the business world. In general huge president/CEOs don't get "fired", everyone looks bad in that situation. They 'step down'.

He didn't just suddenly decide that he wanted to stop making all those millions of dollars a year.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    "It's all Wada's fault!"

This comment reminds the utter ignorance i roll my eyes at when I read people rejoicing because Riccitiello was removed as EA's CEO.

Seriously, you know nothing on how the management of a company works.

If anything Wada is to be thanked for supporting the release of A Realm Reborn, which is one of the most positive actions I've seen a game publisher do in a decade.

... and it's kind of funny that most of the comments I roll my eyes at around here come pretty much from the same source...
    *cough* Clausl*cough* *hack* *wheeze* *dies*
    (2)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ClausL View Post
    If you think this isn't a forced resignation you're plain crazy. This is what happens in the business world. In general huge president/CEOs don't get "fired", everyone looks bad in that situation. They 'step down'.

He didn't just suddenly decide that he wanted to stop making all those millions of dollars a year.
    Look.. You have no idea what you're talking about and I won't beat you down with facts because I do happen to work in the, and I quote, "business world" end of quote. If you feel better knowing he willfully resigned, it's all good. I'm not trying to convince you that's what happened because I am more along the lines of joking than anything, but just so you know.. this does happen often.

CEO's who resign also get a severance package that could be worth several million dollars even after they resign so..

My point is.. You only know what they tell you. Nothing more.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by finiteHP View Post
    Since I've never heard global cool down applied to 1.0, I have to assume you are either referring to the ARR beta or some totally unrelated game. The former is an NDA breach and can (and should) cost you your account.
    It's been mentioned quite a bit outside the alpha/beta, so it should be safe. And yes, it sucks, but better leave all that poison for the ARR forums instead.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    Look.. You have no idea what you're talking about and I won't beat you down with facts because I do happen to work in the, and I quote, "business world" end of quote. If you feel better knowing he willfully resigned, it's all good. I'm not trying to convince you that's what happened because I am more along the lines of joking than anything, but just so you know.. this does happen often.

CEO's who resign also get a severance package that could be worth several million dollars even after they resign so..

My point is.. You only know what they tell you. Nothing more.
    I didn't say Wada would ever be hurting for money, but I think it's very obvious he was asked to step down. Are you arguing with that?

Yeah, we don't KNOW anything for sure, but this is how it always work around there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ClausL View Post
    I didn't say Wada would ever be hurting for money, but I think it's very obvious he was asked to step down. Are you arguing with that?

Yeah, we don't KNOW anything for sure, but this is how it always work around there.
    No, it doesn't "always" work like that. And the sole fact that you say so demonstrates that you don't know what you're talking about.

Fact is that we don't know. That's all there's to it.
    (2)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Edge Faire
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Okay, this is crazy.

Abriael, thank you for posting this intriguing piece of news.

However, Wada is at fault - not to the extreme end like a lot of fans believe, though. In an artistic industry such as this, it falls to the CEO to make decisions for the company's prosperity. Sleeping Dogs and Hitman: Absolution had underwhelming sales. Final Fantasy XIII and XIV would have killed the company entirely if it weren't for its other projects. Final Fantasy XIII-2 was a commercial failure, being one of the lowest-selling games of the franchise. Since Final Fantasy X, the sales of each subsequent Final Fantasy game have been dropping.

However, the company is still going regardless. In fact, I believe it could have been much worse. A new, more involved director can swing this company back towards the high road. But the rocky roller-coaster of successes and failures in the past several years are due partly to lack of judgement from all sides. Wada was supposed to be the guy to notice that on the get-go and do something about it. He was the top of the pyramid - his actions - and inaction - affected the company regardless.

However, he isn't a horrible James Bond villain. He doesn't feed on the tears of starving children like Mitt Romney does with his morning toast. He sure as hell doesn't piss all over the little people like Bobby Kotik, EA, and Sony does every minute on the hour. He doesn't have the God complex that Richard Garriot has despite the fact that Ultimas 8, 9, and 10 were piles of Gobbue dung.

There are so many fans out there who believe that Wada is to be put on the same pedestal as Electronic Farts, Cracktivision and Sony. They are so wrong. He wasn't perfect - I don't even classify him as being good - but he's not as horrible as people say that he is.

And Abriael, he's not as good as you think he is either. You have personally derailed your own thread with incessant whiteknighting and have acted like a fart for 8 pages.

Thanks for the news, though.
    (4)

Character
    Skye Windbinder
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshikwalla View Post
    Okay, this is crazy.

Abriael, thank you for posting this intriguing piece of news.

However, Wada is at fault - not to the extreme end like a lot of fans believe, though. In an artistic industry such as this, it falls to the CEO to make decisions for the company's prosperity. Sleeping Dogs and Hitman: Absolution had underwhelming sales. Final Fantasy XIII and XIV would have killed the company entirely if it weren't for its other projects. Final Fantasy XIII-2 was a commercial failure, being one of the lowest-selling games of the franchise. Since Final Fantasy X, the sales of each subsequent Final Fantasy game have been dropping.

However, the company is still going regardless. In fact, I believe it could have been much worse. A new, more involved director can swing this company back towards the high road. But the rocky roller-coaster of successes and failures in the past several years are due partly to lack of judgement from all sides. Wada was supposed to be the guy to notice that on the get-go and do something about it. He was the top of the pyramid - his actions - and inaction - affected the company regardless.

However, he isn't a horrible James Bond villain. He doesn't feed on the tears of starving children like Mitt Romney does with his morning toast. He sure as hell doesn't piss all over the little people like Bobby Kotik, EA, and Sony does every minute on the hour. He doesn't have the God complex that Richard Garriot has despite the fact that Ultimas 8, 9, and 10 were piles of Gobbue dung.

There are so many fans out there who believe that Wada is to be put on the same pedestal as Electronic Farts, Cracktivision and Sony. They are so wrong. He wasn't perfect - I don't even classify him as being good - but he's not as horrible as people say that he is.

And Abriael, he's not as good as you think he is either. You have personally derailed your own thread with incessant whiteknighting and have acted like a fart for 8 pages.

Thanks for the news, though.
    Hey, hold on. I really didn't see Abriael "white-knighting" anyone. I saw him mention that none of us truly know the circumstances of Wada's stepping down (which, despite a lot of people's insinuations to the contrary, we don't). I also saw Claus jumping on the name-calling train quickly (seriously, calling someone a "dolt" is a little uncalled for). And it's true, we don't know a thing about why Wada has stepped down. We can all make assumptions from here to doomsday, but until the facts are told to us by a higher-up in the company, that's all they are. Assumptions. People really need to calm down.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Yojimbo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    ^ This.. you all guessing. And it looks silly that you all take it for pure fact and truth. people who work at SE probably don't know why he is stepping down. I know usually they send out a mass internal email that will let everyone know about the situation. And gossip around the office will sometimes get the real story too if you know the right people.

Also, company's are going to give the "public eye" the professional publicized reason for an event that happens in a company. A company is a family, for the most, and at times they will save face and not give 100% reason why a decision is begin made to public viewing. Just the necessary.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rustyhagun; 03-29-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8