Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player

It must be nice to label anyone you don't like as a 'troll'.

The fact is that you look like a crazed fanboy. You're even defending some fat cat CEO, and totally ignoring the direction that he personally brought the company in. Even if the ideas were not all his own, he takes responsibility as the company president. You seem like the one who does not understand how business and management work.

The Square Enix name doesn't mean anything to people as a brand name anymore. It certainly doesn't scream 'quality'. I do think Yoichi Wada is partially to blame for this, and I approve of the decision to get rid of him.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by ClausL View Post

The fact is that you look like a crazed fanboy. You're even defending some fat cat CEO, and totally ignoring the direction that he personally brought the company in. Even if the ideas were not all his own, he takes responsibility as the company president. You seem like the one who does not understand how business and management work.

The Square Enix name doesn't mean anything to people as a brand name anymore. It certainly doesn't scream 'quality'. I do think Yoichi Wada is partially to blame for this, and I approve of the decision to get rid of him.
    Honestly we do not know if they got rid of him. He simply could of just decided to step down...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

The fact is that you look like a crazed fanboy. You're even defending some fat cat CEO for some reason, and totally ignoring the direction that he personally brought the company in. Even if the ideas were not all his own, he takes responsibility as the company president. You seem like the one who does not understand how business and management work.
    "taking responsibility" and "being at fault" are two very different concepts.

Anyone that knows anything about business management and game development knows very well that executives have in most cases no direct experience of the actual state of development of their games. Even when they do, they lack the technical knowledge to judge. Wada is a businessman, not a developer.

What they know is told them by producers, that serve as a link between executives and developers. While we'll never know (which nails your position as nonsensical, since you have no idea on how things went, and have no elements to fault Wada personally) Common sense dictates that the most likely scenario is that Wada was told that the game was ready by the producers mandated to inform him and greenlighted its release.

But of course some here don't know what common sense is, let alone actual knowledge on the industry.

I need no "some reason" to "defend" someone when he's accused on a personal level without any logical element or evidence to back it up.
    (15)
    Last edited by Abriael; 03-27-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player

You also have no grounds by which to praise him, celebrate him, or mourn his leaving.

I'm judging him based on the direction the company has taken since he was president.

Your celebrating him is just blind fanboyism. I guess simply supporting ARR is enough in your eyes.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    "It's all Wada's fault!"
    "IT'S ALL TANAKA'S FAULT EVEN THOUGH HE DOESN'T MAKE DECISIONS FOR SE!"

If any blame is to be placed anywhere it's on the higher ups in the company. You don't blame the intern for a high profile project for a company being less than quality..at least you didn't when I grew up in Japan. Maybe in America you do.

However I do agree, you can blame the whole company for what's been happening as even Yoshida feels the exact same (not one person to blame.)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    "taking responsibility" and "being at fault" are two very different concepts.

Anyone that knows anything about business management and game development knows very well that executives have no direct experience of the actual state of development of their games. Even when they do, they lack the technical knowledge to judge. Wada is a businessman, not a developer.

What they know is told them by producers, that serve as a link between executives and developers. While we'll never know (which nails your position as nonsensical, since you have no idea on how things went, and have no elements to fault Wada personally) Common sense dictates that the most likely scenario is that Wada was told that the game was ready by the producers mandated to inform him and greenlighted its release.

But of course some here don't know what common sense is, let alone actual knowledge on the industry.
    fact is, management only looks at the numbers there sole purpose is to make money or in worse case break even, if something aint right they want blood. in management its target numbers or gtfo and thats is it.
    (0)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Yoshi-P for new CEO!

SE needs a person who knows games to run the company, not another bean counter (which is what this Yousuke Matsuda appears to be).
    (7)

Player

You also have no grounds by which to praise him, celebrate him, or mourn his leaving.

I'm judging him based on the direction the company has taken since he was president.

Your celebrating him is just blind fanboyism. I guess simply supporting ARR is enough in your eyes.
    And i guess that even thought this doesn't affect you in any given way, your choice to argue this comes from the fact that, either you are a "troll" or have nothing better to do?

Or must people always look at things from your perspective or they are wrong?
    But then again i guess we shouldn't be defending "Fat CEOs" right?
    (11)
    Last edited by Ankou; 03-27-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    1: His skits were damn funny and he entertained me, showing a face that's VERY rarely shown by Japanese businessmen. That's ground enough by itself.
    2: His role means he had direct input in taking the decision of completely rebooting Final Fantasy XIV, which is something unheard of in the market, and definitely commendable, as it gives those that paid for FFXIV a good product for their money. They could have easily done away with it instead like many other companies did telling their customers "thanks for all the fish".

While you know absolutely nothing about how much he directly influenced that direction.

So you're accusing someone on a personal level without any element to back up your accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    Yoshi-P for new CEO!

SE needs a person who knows games to run the company, not another bean counter (which is what this Yousuke Matsuda appears to be).
    Any developer will tell you that developers are not suited to be CEOs. Bean counters and not developers take that role because there's lots of beans to be counted and no development to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankou View Post
    Or must people always look at things from your perspective or they are wrong?
    But then again i guess we shouldn't be defending "Fat CEOs" right?
    Funny, because Wada ihas a stocky build, but he's most definitely not fat. Shows how much someone knows when he points his angry little finger.
    (11)
    Last edited by Abriael; 03-27-2013 at 12:34 AM.
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I still want Wada in the next live letters if possibile..
    (8)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast