Player
    Character
    Daraia Nix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50

official website and other language

Yesterday I went on the official website and to my surprise they had added five more locations for the game. However, none of these locations is Spanish. It's completely outrageous to maintain this position of discrimination against the second most spoken language in the world. When the final version comes out, I'm going to pay my monthly fee. As everyone. Why I can not play in my native language?
    (0)
    Yo hablo español S-E ¿Por qué me ignoras?

Player
    Character
    Daraia Nix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Square-Enix... Your silence gives you away ... I'll have to return to Guild Wars 2, this game yes is in Spanish
    (0)
    Yo hablo español S-E ¿Por qué me ignoras?

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Are you angry about the location or the language, because the Scandinavian sites are all still in EN/DE/FR/JP depending on what you select. There's no native language option for them yet.

I think the crux of the matter is that whereas Spanish is the second most-spoken language in the world, the most-spoken languages for FFXIV players and prospective FFXIV players are EN/DE/FR/JP.

Once presumes that either the ES localisation team are hard at work, or that S-E have surveyed the market and seen that the number of additional ES players they could bring in would not be worth the cost of a localisation team and the changes they would need to make to the game databases.
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    IIRC, they are working on a Mandarin version to accommodate the growing Chinese market next.

One step at a time?
    (0)