So whenever I enter another person's world, I often invent books, poems, plays, and the like which I feel might believably fit into it.

Say, for example, A Lalafellin Guide to Insulting Bigger Peoples, Good and Proper or my as of yet unmentioned, A Midgardsormr Night's Dream (a quick google search informs me that this play on words has already been had by quicker hands than mine -- oh, and A Midgardsormr Night's Dream is a book of poetry, not a play, though the poems follows similar themes).

Now, while I want others to contribute their imagined Eorzean works, mostly I would like to discuss or compile a list of literature already accounted for within the canon. I am sure some wiki somewhere already has this list, but I mentioned the discussion bit, eh?

One avenue of discussion, aside from who wrote what, who wrote what where, who wrote what when, and of course, who wrote what when who wrote what, is to consider the actual contents of the "books" thus cited.

Perhaps this is a silly vein of reverie . . . I can only say that I am quite pleased to be here, in the Lore Forum, creating my first thread! HELLO!

Oh dear, I think I want to start writing these two invented books of mine...bloody helium atoms, starcatcher! Get it together!

[Note: Please note here that though the thread title states EORZEAN literature, I mean to also include works which have reached Eorzea, not just the works originating in Eorzea, thank you! (READ: Eorzean Literature sounds and looks prettier than Hydaelyn Literature IMHO and that's really what fueled my naming decision)].