Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: F'lhaminn

  1. #21
    Player
    Yrusama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    1,235
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    Ya I wasn't going by the wikis, but wanted to illustrate for that guy how even the wiki contradicts itself lol
    To be perfectly honest, both the Final Fantasy wiki and Eorzeapedia have very limited coverage of XIV due to the failure of the initial launch and the imminence of 2.0. A lot of editors lost interest when the game failed, and those who regained interest after 2.0's announcement decided to avoid using 1.0 as a source of information as it could easily be changed. Before I got to it, only Limsa Lominsa had anything close to a complete page on the FF wiki, so I decided to take pictures to bring all the other city-states and regions up to that standard, only to realize that even the Limsa page had gaps in the info.

    For those wishing to help contribute, when it comes to the MMOs the FF wiki is primarily there for lore and general gameplay information, including ability lists and boss strategies, and reserves specifics like quest guides and individual gear stats for a dedicated wiki (much like ffxiclopedia.org for FFXI).

    I've made a quick edit on the FF wiki regarding the discrepancy. Let's hope when 2.0 comes up we can fill the page out more accurately.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

    /casts Raise

  2. #22
    Player
    Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    506
    Character
    Lady Purrsalot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Without a doubt F'lhaminn character model is a Keeper...

    So imho, this really opens the door to her history. I don't want to assume SE just "made a mistake" on one of the main characters, sooo what's with her name then? Was she orphaned? If she was who named her, who adopted her?
    Is she a mixed breed of the two clans? Maybe we'll get answers in 2.0 ^_^
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player
    Yrusama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    1,235
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Without a doubt F'lhaminn character model is a Keeper...

    So imho, this really opens the door to her history. I don't want to assume SE just "made a mistake" on one of the main characters, sooo what's with her name then? Was she orphaned? If she was who named her, who adopted her?
    Is she a mixed breed of the two clans? Maybe we'll get answers in 2.0 ^_^
    Or maybe they'll just remake her character with Seeker of the Sun features. ._.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

    /casts Raise

  4. #24
    Dev Team Fernehalwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    362
    Hello guys!

    The same topic was brought up in the JP forums, so the loremasters decided to make an official response.
    Here is a rough translation of what it says:

    ------

    As is indicated by the name, F'lhaminn is a member of the F (bear) Seeker of the Sun tribe. However, as many of you have pointed out, she has many physical features which are attributed to Keepers of the Moon (such as iris shape, skin color, etc). As many of you have also noticed, there have been other characters which have displayed the features of one clan, while following the naming conventions of another. This can be attributed to two factors.

    One: It could merely be a genetic anomaly. Just because certain races have a tendency to display certain features (pointed ears, long legs, darker or lighter skin, soul-piercing eyes), doesn't mean that once every thousand or ten thousand births, something deviates from the rules.

    Two: It could be that a parent or grandparent was of a different clan, and the features of that clan were passed down. We know for certain that F'lhaminn was raised as a Seeker of the Sun, but we would have to look further down her family tree for clues why she has the appearance of a Keeper of the Moon.

    Finally, some good news for our role-players who want a little more spice in their character's history--in character creation for ARR, we'll be allowing the mixing and matching of certain features between clans, so it will be possible to create a Keeper of the Moon-like Seeker of the Sun (or vice versa).

    ------
    (40)

  5. #25
    Player
    Vilhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,910
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Hello guys!

    The same topic was brought up in the JP forums, so the loremasters decided to make an official response.
    Here is a rough translation of what it says:

    ------

    As is indicated by the name, F'lhaminn is a member of the F (bear) Seeker of the Sun tribe. However, as many of you have pointed out, she has many physical features which are attributed to Keepers of the Moon (such as iris shape, skin color, etc). As many of you have also noticed, there have been other characters which have displayed the features of one clan, while following the naming conventions of another. This can be attributed to two factors.

    One: It could merely be a genetic anomaly. Just because certain races have a tendency to display certain features (pointed ears, long legs, darker or lighter skin, soul-piercing eyes), doesn't mean that once every thousand or ten thousand births, something deviates from the rules.

    Two: It could be that a parent or grandparent was of a different clan, and the features of that clan were passed down. We know for certain that F'lhaminn was raised as a Seeker of the Sun, but we would have to look further down her family tree for clues why she has the appearance of a Keeper of the Moon.

    Finally, some good news for our role-players who want a little more spice in their character's history--in character creation for ARR, we'll be allowing the mixing and matching of certain features between clans, so it will be possible to create a Keeper of the Moon-like Seeker of the Sun (or vice versa).

    ------
    Sweet cheezus this is the best news ever! O.O I can have slit eyes and fangs on my male miqo now! /happy dance

    Thanks for the clarification!
    (8)
    facebook.com/thancred

  6. #26
    Player
    Keith_Dragoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,970
    Character
    Keith Dragoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    Sweet cheezus this is the best news ever! O.O I can have slit eyes and fangs on my male miqo now! /happy dance

    Thanks for the clarification!
    This! Very much this!

    I shall henceforth be known as Keith Dragoon of the Keepers of the Mid-afternoon Sky!(name pending approval) Clan!
    (4)


    Keith Dragoon - Ambassador of Artz and Adorable

  7. #27
    Player
    Lucke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,639
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Hmm this worries me just a bit. If either clan can have all the options, then what's the point of having different clans?

    I can make a Sun kitteh with fangs, different colored tail tip, and dilated eyes? Why even have clans then?
    (2)

  8. #28
    Dev Team Fernehalwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    Hmm this worries me just a bit. If either clan can have all the options, then what's the point of having different clans?
    Hey Lucke,

    Sorry for the confusion, here. Please refer to the newly added bold-y-ness of my quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    ...we'll be allowing the mixing and matching of certain features between clans...
    Clans will still be distinct enough to call them clans.
    (25)

  9. #29
    Player
    Lucke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,639
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Hey Lucke,

    Sorry for the confusion, here. Please refer to the newly added bold-y-ness of my quote:



    Clans will still be distinct enough to call them clans.
    Phew, thanks Ferne, I shall continue to sing your praises as Thy O Great and Powerful Lord of the Lore!
    (7)

  10. #30
    Player
    Catapult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lotus Gardens
    Posts
    3,226
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    In character creation for ARR, we'll be allowing the mixing and matching of certain features between clans, so it will be possible to create a Keeper of the Moon-like Seeker of the Sun (or vice versa)
    And thus our CG Miqo'te's physical features are comprehensively retconed! ^_^
    (3)


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast