Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: F'lhaminn

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Player

F'lhaminn

Apologies if I am being dense and missed something here XD Still trying to process the whole Keepers of the Sun culture and naming schemes

So, I've always understood it as Seekers of the Sun having the slit pupils (due to being outside in the daylight) and the Keepers of the Moon having fangs and thicker fur

From this screen grab of her, we can clearly see she has fangs, which would make her a Moon kitty. But her name is Sun kitty style..so...

Is she a Sun/Moon kitty breed, or was she always a moon kitty but given a sun kitty name for some reason? Or did I totally miss the ball here? XD
    (5)
    facebook.com/thancred

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    She look like the sun Seekers to me.

Looking at this yep i'm right she is sun seeker clan

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F'lhaminn
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    She look like the sun Seekers to me.

Looking at this yep i'm right she is sun seeker clan

Looking at the tail length in this picture she has the moon keeper tail.
    I played sun seekers and moon keepers in 1.x, I know the tail difference ^^

Maybe she was adopted in a sun seeker clan?

I mean all what speak for sun seeker is her name. But her whole body say moon keeper.
    (0)
    Last edited by Felis; 03-13-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Player

I'll try to get some more screenshots of her here soon, but she does not have the slitted pupils that are characteristic of the sun kitties, which leads to my confusion >_>

ninja edit:

Here's some more kitty shots

(4)
    Last edited by Vilhem; 03-13-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    facebook.com/thancred

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    I'll try to get some more screenshots of her here soon, but she does not have the slitted pupils that are characteristic of the sun kitties, which leads to my confusion >_>
    Look at my update she is from the sun

I mean you can't really put it on SE to make sure every npc have the right eyes and stuff for the clean lol i'm sure she have it just can't see it or a mistake done on there part.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player

Look at my update she is from the sun

I mean you can't really put it on SE to make sure every npc have the right eyes and stuff for the clean lol i'm sure she have it just can't see it or a mistake done on there part.
    Is there somewhere in the story or somewhere else you were able to confirm she is a sun kitty? Just trying to cover all bases here.

And I think we can expect SE to have this kind of stuff clear, especially for important NPCs lol
    (3)
    facebook.com/thancred

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    Is there somewhere in the story or somewhere else you were able to confirm she is a sun kitty? Just trying to cover all bases here.

And I think we can expect SE to have this kind of stuff clear, especially for important NPCs lol
    every wiki page say she a sun

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/F'lhaminn

So yes she is a sun keeper so there you go.

Here info on the sun

Due to their exposure to light, the pupils of a "Seeker of the Sun" are vertically aligned slits with irises faintly colored. It is also not uncommon for their eyes to be disparately colored from birth, a trait considered auspicious amongst their kind.'

and the moon

in contrast, due to their exposure to darkness, the pupils of a "Keeper of the Moon" are large and round, with very little iris exposure. They are distinguishable from their diurnal cousins by their darker fur, larger ears, rounder eyes, more pronounced canines, and longer, skinnier tails.

I think you just looking into it way to much just becuase her eyes does not fit in to the plot story does not mean she not a seeker of the sun it just a mistake by SE or she just does not have what most seeker of the sun have for w/e reason. It's not uncommon for people to not get the traits from there clan members.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 03-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Player

Here info on the sun

Due to their exposure to light, the pupils of a "Seeker of the Sun" are vertically aligned slits with irises faintly colored. It is also not uncommon for their eyes to be disparately colored from birth, a trait considered auspicious amongst their kind.'

and the moon

in contrast, due to their exposure to darkness, the pupils of a "Keeper of the Moon" are large and round, with very little iris exposure. They are distinguishable from their diurnal cousins by their darker fur, larger ears, rounder eyes, more pronounced canines, and longer, skinnier tails.

I think you just looking into it way to much just becuase her eyes does not fit in to the plot story does not mean she not a seeker of the sun it just a mistake by SE or she just does not have what most seeker of the sun have for w/e reason. It's not uncommon for people to not get the trades from there clan members.
    Just because every wiki states she's a sunkeeper does not mean she -is- one..it just means one wiki copied the info from the other. If there is a source back to one of the dev posts, or to some text in-game that I somehow missed, I'd appreciate seeing it though.

The "slits" don't appear in her eyes at all. Her pupils are very much large and rounded...and even if we were to chalk this up to just a boo boo on modeling, she is purposefully given fangs as well. These are two characteristics of the Moon kitties already.

What's not adding up is the "darker fur" and the sun kitty name.
    (14)
    facebook.com/thancred

Player
    Character
    Sylve Lowen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

It's a fan wiki. It isn't 100% accurate, and in this case it is incorrect as has been mentioned.

She has rounded pupils, which are a Moonkeeper trait. She has fangs, which is moonkeeper trait. Her skin is very pale, which is a Moonkeeper trait. She has white hair, a long tail, and the tip is colored.

She's a Moonkeeper, not a Sunseeker.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    She's a moon kitteh. She has the Moon eyes, fangs, skin tone, and I believe the colored tail tip.

We don't know her last name, but she could have parents from different clans. She has Moon features from one parent and a Sun name from the other.

tl;dr: She's a hybrid yo!
    (11)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast