Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    What if the father passes before the child is born?
    Does the mother just give the name?
    Are they damned to roam the land as a nameless freak?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Looks like it got buried, but I mentioned HERE about eventually getting all these additional naming tidbits popping up in individual threads added to the stickies. I may need a bit more time, as translation/localization work for ARR's release is ramping up, but it will happen. Until then, I leave you in the able hands of the fine lads at GamerEscape. (And yeah, that ridiculously awesome ahriman is ridiculously awesome)
    Yay! Indeed missed that post o.o Good to know, thank you! All of this has got me really excited and I cannot wait for ARR release to dive into some heavy reading of NPC text >.< /psyyych POP! *burst of excitement*
    (0)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Gahoo Yah
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Looks like it got buried, but I mentioned HERE about eventually getting all these additional naming tidbits popping up in individual threads added to the stickies. I may need a bit more time, as translation/localization work for ARR's release is ramping up, but it will happen. Until then, I leave you in the able hands of the fine lads at GamerEscape. (And yeah, that ridiculously awesome ahriman is ridiculously awesome)
    Thanks Fern! It's quite a detailed world you're having us document - but that's what we love to do!

While many of the specific posts from Fern might not be exactly mirrored at GE (although some are in the form of news posts), we are certainly referencing them in the wiki Lore summaries and will certainly eventually be adding the naming convention information to the race pages, etc.

EDIT: OP - btw I would suggest that the Roegadyn Dictionary be added to the wiki (vs. elsewhere). It not only just fits there naturally, but think it will benefit from being able to be linked to Roegadyn NPC names and/or quest text for citations and examples.
    (0)
    Last edited by gahoo; 03-14-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lady Purrsalot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by gahoo View Post
    EDIT: OP - btw I would suggest that the Roegadyn Dictionary be added to the wiki (vs. elsewhere). It not only just fits there naturally, but think it will benefit from being able to be linked to Roegadyn NPC names and/or quest text for citations and examples.
    I was just going to write it in that blank log book they gave us in the collector's edition package. If it turns out to be anything decent, I will gladly add it to the wiki. (unless someone else with better skills wants to do this) ^_^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gahoo Yah
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    If the info gets into the wiki there are plenty of people who can pretty it up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Purrsalot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    So I'm innocently translating Roegadyn names for the fun of it. (makes work go by faster) And I come to the name:
    Storm Private Klinmoersyn

Now correct me if I'm wrong but...First I notice the "syn" on the end so its going to be "Son of", then the rest is:
    Klin = Child
    Moer = Kill

Son of Child Kill O_O That's a morbid name lol....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kheiron Reginleif
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Could we request an expansion to the Roegadyn dictionary, please? Particularly words like "seeker", and "keeper" (and/or anything related to the races, really).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Serious Question:

Many of the Roegadyn names are seriously long and have lots of consonants making them harder to spell/retype on the fly.

Examples: Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn
    Aermswys Cwaenskyltwyn

Are we at a disadvantage for party invites if party leaders have to retype our names? Or will we have a system in game that allows them to easily select and add us to their party/ls/company...etc. How often will people need to actually type: Aermswys Cwaenskyltwyn?

I mean, I really like the F. Sea Wolf characters (more than my lalafell!), and would like to consider keeping an authentic name....but I also don't want to be a pain to my friends or get overlooked simply because people don't wish to even attempt to spell my name.

Anyway, this is all helpful to know while we have the time to plan and play with the dictionary and potential names.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 05-28-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    Serious Question:
    Last I heard they were making it so that you could click the names of speakers in the chatlog to accomplish actions like that.
    (0)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    Last I heard they were making it so that you could click the names of speakers in the chatlog to accomplish actions like that.
    But your name would still need to be in their chatlog to do it....meaning more than likely, they had to at some point type 'Aermswys Cwaenskyltwyn'

Or what about a friend who just wants to send you a /t ....will the game still remember our names in the auto-translate dictionary?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast