Player
    Character
    J'hyan Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    From a purely functional perspective since there is a required surname in the game, should male seekers fill in their character names with either Tia or Nunh only?
    If you're wanting to keep with the game's lore, I'd assume so.
    If not then what should they put in?
    If you're not sticking to the lore and its naming conventions, then whatever you want.
    And what happens if you change rank :/
    I'm again just assuming here, but I'd say you should probably want to go with whichever surname-title you think would best fit your character's personality.

With Nunh, it would likely follow that you spent a lot of time within your tribe, donating your genetic material to sire the next generation, and were unbeatable when it came to challenges from other Tias for your position.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    When the Seekers of the Sun came to Eorzea from their homelands, there were only 26 tribes. Since that time, there have been some males who, instead of defeating their tribe's nunh and becoming a breeding male by normal means, opt to leave the tribe and form their own. However, it is rare for female Seekers of the Sun to follow these males, so these newly formed tribes almost always die out.

This does not mean that it doesn't happen.
    If a male leaves to form his own tribe, he will replace the letter from his original tribe (for example, the "Y" in Y'shtola) with a new one. Since the 26 letters of the Eorzean alphabet are already taken, the new tribal prefix will be often be two letters (Ma -> Ma'shtola) which are of the tribe-forming male's choosing (and all people in his tribe will use that same prefix).

His last name will be Nunh, as he is now the new breeding male (as designated by himself) of his new tribe.
    I spoke once again with the other Lore masters, and it appears that I left out one important bit of information.

There are tia within the 26 existing tribes who, instead of defeating an existing nunh, prove their worth to the tribe by extending its hunting grounds. These tia will venture out into the world and claim territory of their own (by either finding somewhere unoccupied, or taking an area by force from another tribe). If they can maintain it for an extended period of time, then they become the nunh of that area, while still remaining a member of their original tribe.

This actually happens quite often. And is far more accepted than merely leaving the tribe to make one's own (which, ultimately makes that person an outcast). This is why you will almost never see Seekers of the Sun with tribal letters beyond the original 26 (like the Ma'shtola I mentioned earlier). There are simply not that many, and those that do exist, rarely admit it, for fear of ostracism.

*Thanks for the suggestion about adding these new tidbits of info to the original posts. I'll definitely see to that once the smoke clears.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Aldra N'yantos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Because i not wanted to start a new Topic just for that Comment, i write it here, since it seem to suit it the best . . . somehow.

After reading the "Miqo’te - Seekers of the Sun" Male, it totally felt like i heard this kind of System somewhere before and then i remembered our Lions.

Sorry if it not suit in here at all.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2