Once, a boy...we’ll call him Hernefalwes...had a dream. A dream of a place where fans of Final Fantasy XIV could gather to discuss issues like the pronunciation of Roegadyn names, the relationship of Ascilia and Minfilia, and the exact date when the Allagan Empire fell. When he woke, he set off on a journey up mountainous flights of stairs, across boundless seas of cubicles, through dark forests of red tape to entreat the Lords of the Lodestone for assistance in seeing the boy’s dream become a reality. The Lords simply smiled at the boy and told him to wait. And wait he did.

Hours melted into days, days into weeks, weeks into months, and before the boy knew it, eighteen moons had passed, yet still there was no sign of a place like the one he had envisioned. He cursed the Lords for leading him astray, and sought another way of realizing his dream. The Elder Gods!

To make a long story short, a couple sold souls and a handful of blood sacrifices later, the Lore Forum was born!*

Now, instead of having to lurk about the bug-infested depths of the Localization forum, or wade through the endless mire that is the General Discussion forum, people who want to chat, speculate, or ask questions about FINAL FANTASY XIV’s story, lore, and characters can come here!

To mark the forum’s inauguration, I’ve prepared monster posts on the naming conventions of the five races (which have been made sticky). Over the next few weeks, I’ll also be compiling a list of links on past lore-related posts I’ve made, as well as move some of those (and other lore-heavy) threads here from their current locations.

We finally made it guys! (But this is not the end!)

*87% of this story is fiction.