Player
    Character
    Jinketsu Moruketsu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 54

The Friend List in A Realm Reborn - character based or account based?

Hello~

I had a lot of friends with multiple characters in FFXIV 1.x, and if I wanted to send them a tell (without remembering some of the long, weird names they'd come up with), I had to befriend each character of theirs on my friend list. And not that it's too hard to remember a couple of names and tack them onto a face (or main character) to know to whom you're speaking to, I just have a question.

Is there any chance that ARR's friend lists be Square-Enix account based? In FFXI we had PlayOnline account-driven friend lists, which enabled us to see our friends online in a single friend list entry, regardless of what character they were on. We just chose a nickname for that friend, and the friend list showed the friend via the nickname we gave them, followed by the current character they were playing in that account.

It's also able to show them logged in, but not currently playing any characters. We can send them messages and they could read and reply to them whether or not they were currently in the game. We can also send messages to friends on other worlds. Most other MMORPGs use the same kind of friends list that FFXIV 1.x used, and I really like the extra features PlayOnline brought to FFXI.

Are there any plans to make ARR's friendlists similar to what FFXI has?
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinketsu; 03-01-2013 at 10:04 AM.