Player
    Character
    Shiro Turuphant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Any word on being able to change your characters name for ARR?

They said a while back that they're still looking into it, but I was wondering if there's any word on whether or not we'll be able to change our character's names for ARR.

I need this because of reasons. O__O
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gavin Vengeance
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Keisuna View Post
    They said a while back that they're still looking into it, but I was wondering if there's any word on whether or not we'll be able to change our character's names for ARR.

I would also like to know about this... It's not such a great name choice when the NPC's keep referring to you as "Lord Lord" >.>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Last I heard they were still looking into it, but it looked as if it was going to be available. So, this may be incautiously optimistic of me, but unless I hear for sure that we can't I'm going to assume that we can.

Unless there are limitations making them unable to implement it I'd be sort of surprised if they chose not to. I mean, we can change our gender... and nobody wants to see a sudden influx of males running around called "Melodia" or something similar. ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aliera Nariel
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    From the news page on transferring of character data to 2.0

"FFXIV: ARR has been created with an entirely new graphics engine, and has also seen the addition of new races including Highlander females, Miqo'te males, and Roegadyn females. In light of these changes, players will be given the opportunity to change the appearance of Version 1.0 characters. All aspects can be altered, including race, gender, and name. Please note that changes can only be performed once. "
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Keisuna View Post

Just so you know, this forum section is for suggestions and feedback relating to the website, not the game.

(let me guess, the "reasons" are you got on someone's bad side and you need a new identity)

Anyway, yes you'll be able to change your name.
    (0)