Thread: Fishing in ARR

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    There was a mention of fishing in Reinheart's translation not sure what to make of it...
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...sle=true&pli=1

f ok next one, in ARR how is fishing? please explain
    y the best way is to try it out but talking about the concept. I used to fish as a child, but for mmo there are times i want to chat and stuff so using the armoury system we wanted people to change to fisher and change gear to that water and fish. It’s made so you don’t need optimal gear but anyways we have it made where it’s not where it requires action.
    it’s something where players can enjoy fishing in fresh water, sea water.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaltus View Post
    There was a mention of fishing in Reinheart's translation not sure what to make of it...
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...sle=true&pli=1

f ok next one, in ARR how is fishing? please explain
    y the best way is to try it out but talking about the concept. I used to fish as a child, but for mmo there are times i want to chat and stuff so using the armoury system we wanted people to change to fisher and change gear to that water and fish. It’s made so you don’t need optimal gear but anyways we have it made where it’s not where it requires action.
    it’s something where players can enjoy fishing in fresh water, sea water.
    It was posted in the Q&A Section as well.

Q10: How will fishing work in FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?

A10: It's probably best if you actually experience it in-game, so let me just go over the broad concept. In ARR, you will first need to walk near a water spot, select a fishing pole that matches the type of water, and then select the bait. There will be no actions during the fishing process. Instead, we will be providing a variety of fish-types depending on the area.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    isnt that what you do when fishing in real life? put out your pole, put the bait, cast, and wait? lol

anyway, just try it first and rage later
    (4)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player
    Character
    Veto Bahamut
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    does anyone in this thread have any hard evidence or personal experience with how fishing works in 2.0 upon which to base this outrage?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    It was posted in the Q&A Section as well.
    I knew i saw that! i was hunting and hunting for it and couldn't find it >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by fusional View Post
    does anyone in this thread have any hard evidence or personal experience with how fishing works in 2.0 upon which to base this outrage?
    None, which is why I'm still here refreshing every ten seconds, and why I'll be playing Phase 3 to see how badly they ruined fishing.

Until then, the answer about fishing from the Q&A is enough to fuel my rage. If there's any chance at all of it being true, then my rage is well-founded and it's best if the devs hear about it before phase 3 rolls around.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by fusional View Post
    No, but this is the Lodestone! Hatred of change flows like wine here!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    None, which is why I'm still here refreshing every ten seconds, and why I'll be playing Phase 3 to see how badly they ruined fishing.

Until then, the answer about fishing from the Q&A is enough to fuel my rage. If there's any chance at all of it being true, then my rage is well-founded and it's best if the devs hear about it before phase 3 rolls around.
    so,if they heard your rage, they will change it?

/clap
    (1)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player
    Character
    Lady Purrsalot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Its not like Fishing in 1.0 took any real skill either.... after catching about 200 fish the "mini-game" was pretty dry for me, so personally I think speeding up the process of catching fish by getting rid of that is a +

Again this is my opinion, not saying any of your opinions are wrong.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post
    so,if they heard your rage, they will change it?

/clap
    You're not even going to read this, but fine.

It's not the rage that might change things, it's a combined outcry by other fishers or anyone who had any hopes that the system might be more involved than simply clicking on a patch of water and waiting. My rage comes from how important fishing was to me, and I know it won't change anything, but others will and are giving their opinions about this proposed change. If it was a bad translation, then hopefully we're making enough of a ruckus to warrant having a dev calm us down like the petulant children we're being. If it wasn't a bad translation, then maybe the devs can look at everyone saying they're unhappy with what they've heard. If we're completely wrong in our assumptions, then a dev can tell us to shut up, wait, and see, and that it won't be so bad. If we're somehow right, then maybe Yoshi and Co. can look at the noise we're making and maybe, just maybe, think twice about the route he's planning to take fishing.

But like I said, you won't read any of that because "lol forum rage." It's easy to mock things when you don't care about them. For the rest of us, we're worried, and any info at all saying we're wrong would be the greatest gift possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Its not like Fishing in 1.0 took any real skill either.... after catching about 200 fish the "mini-game" was pretty dry for me, so personally I think speeding up the process of catching fish by getting rid of that is a +

Again this is my opinion, not saying any of your opinions are wrong.
    If they wanted to speed it up, they could have given us the same system the new botany seems to use. That one is quick, easy, and requires very little skill. What this new system seems to propose (and I hope I'm wrong) is that we'll go to a patch of water and just receive fish. I'm fearing that it'll basically be the Christmas bells all over again, only for fish this time. Click thing, receive item. Rinse and repeat.
    (10)
    Last edited by LlenCoram; 02-22-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast