Player
    Character
    Kotei Aerie
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60

What is a relevant thread when harassment is involved...

Yes, I'm curious on basically harassment and forums of...
    Spam is generally generated when I get harassed. I can only think of one way to avoid the spam... because I'm simply spamming to much off topic when it takes place. So add them ignore list and continue on topic? I can't generate a common topic when the first post is ridicule and not someone that wants to talk about something in general. So one I would created a thread and leave the topic open for debate, then with common interests arise make a new thread with the proper title. I'm not sure how to go about this and or where to post in general. Forgive me and my dyslexic self. I have problems with the written word when harassment is involved. Do forgive me if this post is not relevant.

I will admit I'm guilty of this... I need to correct these issues.

Posting spam, including meaningless characters and white space.
    Posting a number of posts with the same content.
    (only this when I've been harrassed to much)
    Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.
    Posting seeking to damage or disparage Square Enix, the forum, FINAL FANTASY XIV, or others.
    Posting content with the intention of criticizing either Square Enix staff or specific individuals. <- I believe this is the same as the other two

Posting content that seeks to interfere with the running of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    This is possible when I spam...
    Doing anything that is obstructs the use of the forum or FINAL FANTASY XIV for other users. This is debatable...
    because this ties to it
    Attempting to harm or obstruct the operation or use of this forum.

because all of these do these two.
    Doing anything that is prohibited in the the Square Enix Account Terms of Use.
    Taking any other actions that are deemed inappropriate by Square Enix in our sole discretion.

I really need someone to clarify where I'm miss reading this and or not comprehending this because when an argument starts I tend to stray off topic. Any positive feedback or outlook is much need and appreciated. Thanks for you time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kotei; 02-23-2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Wouldn't be appropriate to delete the first post...
    To be lost along a path is to have forgotten why it was traveled...
    You think I'm lying with my bums to elbows statement?...
    Keep it at the Open-Beta... I'm not paying to test this game yet...
    PS: Good job on the FFXIII music and battle system can only get better at the return /cheer.

2. 02-21-2013 10:46 PM
    Reason
    See can't close my own thread so leaving it open and "if trash" will be dealt with accordingly... Which is everythi

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    First Report. Then ignore user. Report them using the small triangle (!) at the bottom left of their posts.

Then click their name to go to their profile, click ignore user. You will be prompted if you really want to ignore, click yes.

Go about your way.
    (2)

4. 02-21-2013 10:53 PM
    Reason
    Wasn't lying deleteing everything I want becdause I can...

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    No problem. Trust me, if they've bothered you enough to go through all this trouble to post about it, they will never post anything you want to read.
    (1)

6. 02-21-2013 10:57 PM
    Reason
    And unliking all posts on here...

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    No matter what other forum users do, it does not make it ok for you to spam the forums.

If you do feel harassed, you should simply report the user, as Hiir instructed, and move on.

Staying on topic and only posting one post at a time (and avoiding posting multiple quotes which take a lot of space and make the thread difficult to read) will make the forum experience much more pleasant for everyone, including you. If you can't stay on topic or avoid extra spam, it's better to not post at all.

If you're unsure how to use the forums properly, it's better to stick to the topics started by other users instead of creating new ones and maybe even just following the conversations for a while instead of posting yourself to get a better understanding on how these things work.
    (0)
    Last edited by Taika; 02-22-2013 at 07:18 AM.
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

8. 02-22-2013 07:18 AM
    Reason
    Because apperently I don't understand common topic in general discussion...

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Duly noted. Thanks for the feedback on this topic, as your post added more solutions on the problem at hand. I figured that was what would be best for starting off just monitoring conversation flow. /cheer Thanks again for your input.
    It can be hard to come into large forums like these and not get some kind of harassment because you don't know the "rules" yet.

What I did when I first came here was to just post small things here and there, but mostly observe how people responded and interacted with one another. Then slowly build up from there. You don't need to quote huge amounts of text, and you don't need to create threads for the purpose of discussing things. There's numerous threads where you can participate in discussion, but if you feel you have nothing to contribute, just don't post, and just take it slowly.

Also, I am curious, is English your first language?
    (1)
    facebook.com/thancred

10. 02-22-2013 07:30 AM
    Reason
    It's really annoying to get in trouble when my posts are lively and positive just because they aren't 100% relevant to topic

Player

What I meant by that is:

quoting multiple people in your replies is not done often and usually makes it harder for people to read things, so unless you are in a heavy debate over something, try not to use multiple quotes.

Same goes for creating new topics in the forums. There are enough topics for you to participate in, so you really don't have to create an entire new topic for the sake of discussion. I've been on these forums since November, and I think I have maybe created only -one- topic myself. lol
    (1)
    facebook.com/thancred

12. 02-22-2013 07:52 AM
    Reason
    Thank you for making me never want to use forums...

13. 02-22-2013 03:32 PM
    Reason
    I'm serious I'm deleting them all...

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Yes, however I am dyslexic so my content to context is confusing. An why I most likely don't understand the text that was stated before.

*edit post*
    Also probably the reason why all the reasons stated in my first post on this topic sound the same to me.
    I don't mean to upset you or to get off-topic but if your dyslexica causes you so much trouble, wouldn't it make more sense for you to use one of those voice-to-text programs that exist for people who can't type/are blind? My husband's grandfather was blind and had such programs. Through them, he could 'hear' his email and then dictate back to the computer what it needed to write so he could reply back to the sender. Maybe you could also benefit from such a program?

I am just thinking that if you have trouble on these forums reading and being understood that maybe you have the same troubles in RL with emails etc. and that you would benefit from such technology....I have no idea how hard such computer programs are to find, but if it makes life easier...yay

Again, I AM NOT picking on you...just trying to help you find a way to be better understood and to better understand what is being discussed.
    (0)

15. 02-22-2013 04:25 PM
    Reason
    Unless I feel like keeping them I feel nothing I post is hateful or directed illy at anyone so do not understand why I get fl

16. 02-22-2013 04:31 PM

Reason
    And I'm not responding to the person below...

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Only the moderators can close the threads here, and it's very rarely done. You can just leave the thread to be.
    (0)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix