(1)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I only miss seeing Dalamud in the sky. The rest of the game had no real lasting charm to me...I was so glad when 1.0 was over.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vale Aeonslayer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I miss it so much. I started playing GW2 again...and it's just not the same...at all. Hurry ARR!!
    (1)
    Last edited by valetarkus; 02-20-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ash Emberheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 76
    The grind to cap. Not when the game very first launched and you could only get SP on your Sentinel if you successfully blocked something... but the grind after that was patched and before the PL patch. I loved following the rankings on Pro's website while everyone was working to hit their first 50.

The huge emphasis on crafting. No other game has that. I hated the ridiculous recipes though - needing to be rank 20 to make a piece needed for gear that only required you to be rank 10 to make was annoying (especially when you often didn't find this out until you were sitting down to make the gear >>>><<<<<).

Levequest parties. The leves themselves were horrible, but meeting up with your LS every reset day to EXP was a lot of fun. No other game I've played is structured where people even want to meet up for exp parties at all.

Slower (not much slower, but a little) combat that was more challenging to master. Killing things isn't fun unless they kill you first many times. I don't see many (if any) battles in these other games that you have to actually learn how to beat. 99% of the time you enter a dungeon you dominate it without ever knowing anything about it = no fun.

The biggest thing of all though, THE COMMUNITY. I felt like I knew everyone on my original server that could speak English. Our chats were never spammed with gold sellers or idiots trolling nonstop. We had LS rivalries, pickup groups actually talked to each other and hanging out in the cities crafting or just posting up in your "LS spot" was really fun.
    (13)
    Last edited by Corleone; 02-18-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Please Relax
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    The grind to cap. Not when the game very first launched and you could only get SP on your Sentinel if you successful blocked something... but the grind after that was patched and before the PL patch. I loved following the rankings on Pro's website while everyone was working to hit their first 50.

The huge emphasis on crafting. No other game has that. I hated the ridiculous recipes though - needing to be rank 20 to make a piece needed for gear that only required you to be rank 10 to make was annoying (especially when you often didn't find this out until you were sitting down to make the gear >>>><<<<<).

Levequest parties. The leves themselves were horrible, but meeting up with your LS every reset day to EXP was a lot of fun. No other game I've played is structured where people even want to meet up for exp parties at all.

Slower (not much slower, but a little) combat that was more challenging to master. Killing things isn't fun unless they kill you first many times. I don't see many (if any) battles in these other games that you have actually learn how to beat. 99% of the time you enter a dungeon and dominate it without ever knowing anything about it = no fun.

The biggest thing of all though, THE COMMUNITY. I felt like I knew everyone on my original server that could speak English. Our chats were never spammed with gold sellers or idiots trolling nonstop. We had LS rivalries, pickup groups actually talked to each other and hanging out in the cities crafting or just posting up in your "LS spot" was really fun.

Good reply

I too loved the huge emphasis on crafting. Actually, at least half of my total time spent online was focused on the merchant play style. Buying, selling, crafting, gathering. It was so much fun, and will be in 2.0 also.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Luzaf Ephramad
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    You cannot summon any more retainers in this area.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ash Emberheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhalmel View Post
    You cannot summon any more retainers in this area.
    And running to the wards to finally get a spot after they crashed...only to find out you were once again too late.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Emberheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by deathstix View Post
    For those of us who were in Eorzea from the start...
    messy 15-man behests.....

(this was my first char on Melmond... sorta ditched that and moved to Gysahl and became a lala...)
    I should have included this too! While they were very messy and often destroyed by "that guy" who killed your SP because they couldn't comprehend what "only attack the mobs with red names" messages being spammed 100 times in party chat meant *sigh*. =) I still thought they were a lot of fun!

I'll share my similar pic from Karnak ^^

(4)
    Last edited by Corleone; 02-18-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mithras Invictus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    I'm talking about the animation in the movies and the game. I dunno if they'll be as good.
    If there is one thing that SE is good at, it is CG movies. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I miss smithing more than anything, I think. I quite enjoyed that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shady Grove
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Sorta feels like finishing the last Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" book after going through 15 of them and then trying to find other similar stories to replace this epic...at least FFXIV has many more chapters left to come!
    (1)
    http://

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast