Page 227 of 624 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 6236
    Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Funny, I actually got my name wrongs. Shows that I need to sleep more.

Character Name: White Wolf

A lil less lame than what I got before
    (0)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkine View Post

Dohohohoho

/lame
    I don't think so... She has one bad ass robot backing her up. (^_^ )

(4)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Player
    Character
    Arkine Vanrien
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldora View Post
    I don't think so... She has one bad ass robot backing her up. (^_^ )
    I meant that I was lame for that reference.

The character herself isn't half bad for a loli.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vergiliaux Renata
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahaara View Post
    How much for a commish? :3
    I still need to fix my PayPal and see how much my art is worth.
    (0)
    My Artwork:
    GrumpyScholar @ Tumblr

Player
    Character
    Keith Dragoon
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil_Renata View Post
    I still need to fix my PayPal and see how much my art is worth.
    $3! I'll give you a $1 for a picture of me looking boss on muh throne eating your cake. :3

GREAT DEAL YOU CANNOT PASS UP!!!!
    (1)

Keith Dragoon - Ambassador of Artz and Adorable

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_Dragoon View Post
    $3! I'll give you a $1 for a picture of me looking boss on muh throne eating your cake. :3

GREAT DEAL YOU CANNOT PASS UP!!!!
    What about 1000 bottle caps?

No seriously, best way is to check out what others charge Vergil. I see a lot of people seriously undercutting themeselves, and your art is great
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keith Dragoon
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    What about 1000 bottle caps?

No seriously, best way is to check out what others charge Vergil. I see a lot of people seriously undercutting themeselves, and your art is great
    Saving my bottle caps for after the world becomes a nuclear wasteland. I'll be like Bill Gates of the post apocalyptic world!

*walks away with an evil grin while chuckling*
    (0)

Keith Dragoon - Ambassador of Artz and Adorable

Player
    Character
    Vergiliaux Renata
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    It's true. I used to undercut my work when I was making portraits on Furcadia.
    Anyway, I've been looking at others prices and googling up articles all morning. I'm especially iffy about setting prices for digital paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_Dragoon View Post
    Saving my bottle caps for after the world becomes a nuclear wasteland. I'll be like Bill Gates of the post apocalyptic world!
    The Epic Bottle-Cap Bank of the Ambassdoor.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vergil_Renata; 04-20-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    My Artwork:
    GrumpyScholar @ Tumblr

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil_Renata View Post
    It's true. I used to undercut my work when I was making portraits on Furcadia.
    Anyway, I've been looking at others prices and googling up articles all morning. I'm especially iffy about setting prices for digital paintings.
    Digital and real makes no difference. While digital art is less of a *visible* expense in materials (you still spend electricity and you still invested in the programs/hardware you use, and that's no small expense), your work time is the same.

If you don't want to set generic pricing you can simply set yourself a hourly rate. Again, don't undercut yourself, try to stay way above minimum legal wage (at the *very* least twice as much, but you can go higher). I've seen people go below, and that's just bad business for themselves, ad they'd get more by flipping burgers, literally.

Then when you get a commission, you just need to gauge how many hours it will take and give your customer a quote.

Of course with this method you need to be good at predicting your work times, and know that if you go over, that's on you, but once you got that down, it's probably easier than just making a generic price list and then having to haggle over details that you didn't predict in it.

People make a very nice living selling clothes that don't exist in Second Life. There's really no reason why you can't sell your digital art pricing it exactly the same as the physical one.
    (1)
    Last edited by Abriael; 04-20-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vergiliaux Renata
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Digital and real makes no difference. While digital art is less of a *visible* expense in materials (you still spend electricity and you still invested in the programs/hardware you use, and that's no small expense), your work time is the same.

If you don't want to set generic pricing you can simply set yourself a hourly rate. Again, don't undercut yourself, try to stay way above minimum legal wage (at the *very* least twice as much, but you can go higher). I've seen people go below, and that's just bad business for themselves, ad they'd get more by flipping burgers, literally.

Then when you get a commission, you just need to gauge how many hours it will take and give your customer a quote.

Of course with this method you need to be good at predicting your work times, and know that if you go over, that's on you, but once you got that down, it's probably easier than just making a generic price list and then having to haggle over details that you didn't predict in it.

People make a very nice living selling clothes that don't exist in Second Life. There's really no reason why you can't sell your digital art pricing it exactly the same as the physical one.
    I know.

I'm more comfortable with a generic pricing list, because I stuck with that model since 2006 on Furcadia. My Garuda x Shiva pic is taking a lot longer than it should, and I'm really liking how it's turning out. I still want to be very fair with my prices.

And on the Second Life point, my sister makes simple goodies on there and makes a little bit of money.
    (1)
    My Artwork:
    GrumpyScholar @ Tumblr

Page 227 of 624 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast